Bellator 8 Man Tournament 1st Round match-ups

I can't believe Bellator is serious.....I can't stop laughing...this won't do much for their credibility......hilarious!!!

Bader just smashed Linton Vassel in devastating fashion. He's looking great over in Bellator. Granted thats at LHW.

im oddly excited for roy nelson vs bader and i dont even know why.
Me too it's a pretty interesting match up I'm definitely looking forward to this and Rampage vs Sonnen

Lord Chael via triangle.
Being serious, he'll probably double leg Rampage with ease if they fight.

Then again, he could also fold over if Rampage gets on top of him somehow.

Id pay 100 dollars PPV easily to see this event play out over one night instead of the year long process and crowning the champ in December.

Still fun.

Poor King Mo. Meathead is gonna murk dat fool. Also, Sonnen gets body-bagged.

Last edited:
Did you guys see Rampage in his last fight... I'm picking Sonnen.

i think chael could beat page. Page's take down defense has been trash lately, even tho he calls himself a wrassler

Chael in theory could actually win the entire tournament. I don't see Rampage being much of a problem for him. I think Ryan Bader and Frank Mir are his biggest threats.
i'll take the other side of that bet

The balls on King Mo.

Guy is a small LHW, could be a decent sized MW, but routinely fights good heavyweights.

Kongo, Cro Cop, now Mitrione.

I hope he's ok.

So what’s the weight limit since not all of these guys are heavyweights? The normal 265?
REgular HW division. All of those fighters walk around at or above 205 lbs (the HW minimum limit)

Obviously Chael, Bader, King Mo will not have to cut any weight and will probably be weighing in at about 210-220 lbs

I think Mir beats Fedor with relative ease.
I think Chael beats Rampage in a fight that looks very similar to the Chael v Wanderlei fight.
I think Bader beats Nelson relatively easy.
I think Mitrione beats King Mo.

If that all happens, I'd guess they'd probably end up making Mir vs Mitrione and Sonnen vs Bader. Mitrione and Bader most likely win those fights, leaving them as the finalists. Not sure who I'd favour between them.

A Heavyweight tournament with King Mo, Ryan Bader, and Chael Sonnen, but you don't include Kongo or Lashley?? Seriously, Wtf is this?

Back