Bellator 212: Primus vs Chandler 2, 8:45PM ET Prelims, 10PM ET Main Card PBP Discussion Thread

You realize he has a win over Eddie right?

And Will Brooks has two wins over him. Khabib, Tony, Poirier, Lee and Gaethe would be to much for him. I'm not saying Chandler is bad, tremendous fighter but there are levels to this game

Alright who's staying up and watching Bar Rescue with me?

God! How can anyone listen to dude talk...

giphy.gif

John: "this bar sucks, clean this mess up" !!!!

I love how he has the undercover people ask for these bougie ass drinks that no one orders, and then gets pissed because a bar tender at some dive bar doesn’t know how to make them lol.

And Will Brooks has two wins over him. Khabib, Tony, Poirier, Lee and Gaethe would be to much for him. I'm not saying Chandler is bad, tremendous fighter but there are levels to this game

Agreed. I think Chandler is a very good fighter, but I just don't think he has the chin to win very often with his style against elite fighters. That hands down leaping in and out style is gonna get him caught and KO'd more often than not against elite fighters. He gets dropped pretty much anytime he gets hit with a clean shot. It's not like he's Gaethje and can just keep coming through almost anything.

Those guys looked to be in awesome shape. Muscles everywhere, no cardio issues after five rounds of grappling, Paulo Borrachinha would be proud.

I've criticized the UFC a lot over the years, but USADA has been a good thing overall.

The fact that we know Paulo will be busted eventually makes the point. I support high-level athletic competition in MMA, but watching two guys with 12% body fat go five rounds and barely breathe heavily just makes me want to ignore Bellator's future events.

Come on Bellator I dont want to fall asleep.on accident before Primus vs Chandler

Wasn't a bluff, went out for about an hour and a half on accident waiting for the AJ fight to start. Just finished the rest, fights were all good, hope tomorrows pace is much faster though.

So McKee KO's Macapa in almost a minute and as a reward he gets... Daniel Crawford? Daniel Crawford whose comming off a loss? WTF?

Macapa was also coming off 2 losses prior to facing McKee...so one less loss than Crawford? Either way, McKee is still very young and has plenty of time left. Him fighting "lesser" guys and improving along the way is probably the best thing to make him the best possible fighter and most well-known in the end, no? I mean, he can rack up HL reel finishes while gaining a ton of momentum and experience...then who knows...

Macapa was also coming off 2 losses prior to facing McKee...so one less loss than Crawford? Either way, McKee is still very young and has plenty of time left. Him fighting "lesser" guys and improving along the way is probably the best thing to make him the best possible fighter and most well-known in the end, no? I mean, he can rack up HL reel finishes while gaining a ton of momentum and experience...then who knows...
he may be young but good god this was his 13th fight in bellator he has had way more than enough experience in the cage to get a step up in competition

I love how he has the undercover people ask for these bougie ass drinks that no one orders, and then gets pissed because a bar tender at some dive bar doesn’t know how to make them lol.
A Rob Roy is a Manhattan. If you don't know how to make one of those, you have no right to call yourself a bartender.

Chandler has a lot of positive qualities, he's insanely confident, aggressive, great wrestling, very good athlete, kind of a sociopath. That said, he essentially lost the stand up fight to a relative nobody and had to lay and pray pretty hard towards the end to get a decision here. The guy is a good fighter and I'll keep watching but he's not quite as good as he or some of his fans think.

Mir should probably hang them up. He's never liked getting hit but he really doesn't have the will to fight through adversity anymore.

AJ McKee needs and deserves a legit name. Yes, he's young, but he's maxed out as much as he can learn from blowing out no hopers. That's good to a point for experience and learning to win but it's a different ballgame than fighting elite guys who are there to beat the shit out of you. AJ needs some fights like that, and I'm gonna be annoyed if they don't start coming soon. Goldie did mention this was the only opponent open to fighting him, could be some guys are reluctant to do so.

Back