Bellator 210 pulls 270k viewers

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by Bubba32, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Bubba32

Bubba32 Green Belt

2. JustOnce

JustOnce Brown Belt

It really really doesn't look good for Bellator. I mean, I don't know how long they can sustain paying big for guys like Mous Macdonald, and so on, when they are getting such numbers on free tv.

3. justbetter

justbetter Brown Belt

There was a lot of competition this week. Im sure they will improve and get better ratings when Bellator 211 runs.

Buffmeister and Falconkick like this.
  4. KeeSmyth

KeeSmyth Brown Belt

Would be nice for Bellator to find new tv deal, paramount clearly doesn’t come with mma crowd anymore. If they could get on with more sports oriented channel not a show that plays cops re runs all day.

Pakman, Gambit MMA and 2004 account like this.
  5. CC27

CC27 Gold Belt

So that was the Friday card? Wonder what the afternoon Sat card did.

6. CC27

CC27 Gold Belt

TUF finale only did 399k. Both are terrible numbers. UFC is getting off Fox to ESPN though so their numbers should improve greatly.

Not sure what Bellator is gonna do, they are dead on Paramount.

Go Go Plata likes this.
  7. MMALOPEZ

MMALOPEZ Silver Belt

Will improve on espn but espn+??! Not sure about that

qw3rty likes this.
  8. Bubba32

Bubba32 Green Belt

Is that the first time they didnt air tape delay? why didnt they air that on primetime?

9. RODNEY83

RODNEY83 Orange Belt

Are you serious? You think Bellator 211 will have better numbers when it went up against the SEC Championship game on CBS and the AAC Championship game pitting a undefeated UCF vs Memphis on ABC?

tjnickels and Pakman like this.
  10. RODNEY83

RODNEY83 Orange Belt

During his tenure as the head of Bellator, Scott Coker has created a perception that Bellator is a UFC dumping ground and a UFC retirement home because he and his staff has fallen in love with everything with UFC ties. He had a chance to add a Bellator fighter to the announce team to give the Bellator fans a feeling of authenticity, but he and his staff went straight everything UFC ties. Because of these UFC moves, his staff alienated the Bellator fan base because Bellator was no longer catering to them and those fans slowly left and Scott Coker and his staff never grew a new fan base. Rule of thumb with business, take care of your loyal fan base first while trying to grow from that. Don't dismiss your loyal fan base/customer base in the efforts of trying to grow a new fan base/customer base.

Minowafanatic likes this.
  11. AimedWithV

AimedWithV Wound in the Force

Wow, you cannot post about anything but trashing Bellator and Coker huh?
    You're pathetic

FKA, leto1776, tehMoose and 1 other person like this.
  12. Jack O'Neill

Jack O'Neill Banned Banned

That's ok, it'll pick up

13. CC27

CC27 Gold Belt

211 just did lowest numbers ever on Spike/Paramount. 207k.

14. Buffmeister

Buffmeister Disco Fever Disco Fever Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah

To be honest...
    John Salter def. Chidi Njokuani
    Welterweight David Rickels def. Guilherme Bomba
    Women's Flyweight Kristina Williams def. Bruna Ellen
    Featherweight Juan Archuleta def. Jeremy Spoon

Light Heavyweight Kent Kauppinen def. Alessio Sakara
    Heavyweight Domingos Barros def. Hesdy Gerges
    Lightweight Pedro Carvalho def. Luca Vitali
    Middleweight Alen Amedovski def. Ibrahim Mane
    Welterweight Kiefer Crosbie def. Orlando D’Ambrosio

...those Cards didn't scream:'Tune in!'

15. Kingz

Kingz Gold Belt

Not surprising

I’d like to see them off Paramount. Preferably get a Coker-Showtime reunion. Showtime still airs Strikeforce events almost every night and are probably in the market for new MMA content. Not sure if the DAZN deal impedes that though

16. skylolow

skylolow Silver Belt

Well I think you need some of those UFC guys. Look at the best fights they put on and many of them include ex UFC guys. To draw more viewers quickly they had two options. One, spend money on advertising the hell out of the product, this is very expensive to do. Two, sign fighters with name value hoping fans will follow those fighters to Bellator and grow the quality of the card. The problem is the UFC has shown through the years to be very keen on fighter's worth compared to draw. Almost everyone they let go/not resign has more or less done very little for the org they go too.

I personally don't think Bellator has ever had much of a dedicated fan base in love with what they did or do to take care of. That was proven when all they did was change the channel name(most providers it remained the same channel) and instantly the avg. ratings dropped 200K-250K.

Coker I also believe is a big part of the problem. The guy just doesn't have direction with his orgs ever. Most weight classes are a mess. He has always been very in the now oriented and seems to have limit vision for the future in each weight class.

Dazn was great for Bellator's bottom line but I don't think it will do anything to help them on Paramount. I predict the ratings will continue to be ho hum at best and the DAZN deal goes away in 3 years its very possible Bellator will be done.

17. skylolow

skylolow Silver Belt

Why does it matter to you?

Are you saying you'll tune into Showtime but not Paramount?

Also Showtime wasn't willing to up the pay per a Strikeforce show and that ended up being a major turning point in the decision to sell Strikeforce.

I'm still just shocked how many viewers of Spike was nothing more than just viewers of Spike with little dedication to a show like Bellator. It tells you Bellator's numbers were more or less inflated by the lazy Spike viewership.

18. tithas

tithas Brown Belt

Right now the DAZN money is keeping them solvent, but its a Band-Aid for a few years and not a long term fix.

19. Kingz

Kingz Gold Belt

I’m not talking about me. I tune in regardless. Although on DAZN now. I’m saying Showtime might be a better home than Paramount in general.

That’s assuming DAZN wants nothing to do with them once their current contract ends. People talk about it like it’s some bag of money they fell ass backwards in and DAZN was just giving charity for a few years and once it’s over Bellator will have to go back to the drawing board...or they can sign a new deal with DAZN.

It’s hard to measure what is success or not on DAZN so it’s going to be hard for the UFC shills who want Bellator under to make doom and gloom threads after every event. People generally agree they won’t last on Paramount probably beyond next year but not everybody agrees that that will be a bad thing in the end.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    FKA, PolarBearPaulVarelans and Pakman like this.
  20. ccm22

ccm22 Blue Belt

Any idea how many are watching through DAZN? There could be a lot of cable cutters watching it that way.

Go Go Plata and Buffmeister like this.