Bellator 209 Pitbull vs Sanchez

Holy shit.

I'm a proud Russian Jew and all, but I gave Rubin zero chance to win this fight after watching tape on her, and would have bet a large amount on Dandois even at like -500 odds if it was offered on 5Dimes. Rubin seriously has no wrestling and does little off her back.

Props to Olga Rubin but also this is an indication of the level that women's featherweight is at, when a supposed top 10 fighter loses to a complete unknown with zero wrestling and limited ground game.

As for the two main fights,

Hadn't finished watching tape on Vadim Nemkov this morning so I didn't bet on him, although I was heavily considering it, as this topic shows. Man do I regret that now.

No such regrets about the main event, though. Figured it would be close either way, and wish 5Dimes offered props (I would have been all over it going the distance) instead of only the money line.

Didn't bet but who won pitbull or sanchez?

Why are the lines still open when the fights happened?

Why are the lines still open when the fights happened?

And the open lines on my book are moving too...I know it's tempting but don't. At best they get reversed, at worst you get banned.

Finally watched Davis/Nemkov. That was kind of a shitty way for Davis to lose. A very clear Rd 3 for him and the first two rounds were pretty close. He never really took any damage at all either. He just didn't stay active enough.

Finally watched Davis/Nemkov. That was kind of a shitty way for Davis to lose. A very clear Rd 3 for him and the first two rounds were pretty close. He never really took any damage at all either. He just didn't stay active enough.

Yep, but given the scoring system I think it was the right decision regardless. If it were a single 15 minute round you’d have to give Davis the nod though.

Finally caught up with this card. Shows how little Bellator cares about television now that they have this DAZN deal since not only was the online stream & tv broadcast tape delayed by over 24 hours, but the airing on Paramount Network didn't even bother showing the Dandois/Rubin bout. Good main event- I thought it was tied up going into the fifth round with Sanchez winning rounds 1 & 4 and Pitbull 2 & 3, but the champion really dominated round 5 so good unanimous decision for Pitbull.

Back