Bellator 206 Mousasi vs MacDonald

i guess it must be, tapology says it's a 5 rounder.
How can it be for the belt? Rory still has it and all of his fights in the tournament will have the belt on the line if I remember correctly. Tapology have been wrong before. 99% sure this won't be a 5 rounder, that being the only thing that makes me hesitate betting Lima as a dog

How can it be for the belt? Rory has the title and all of his fights in the tournament will have the belt on the line if I remember correctly. Tapology have been wrong before
It's the opening round of the WW grand prix, so the eventual winner of the whole tournament wins the belt. But what I really want to know is, is it a 3 or 5 rounder? My guess is 3, but I would like to know for sure

It's the opening round of the WW grand prix, so the eventual winner of the whole tournament wins the belt. But what I really want to know is, is it a 3 or 5 rounder? My guess is 3, but I would like to know for sure
Maybe if they changed it, I'm sure I've heard them say that Rory will enter the tournament as a champion and every fight he's in is a titlefight. This tournament was not created to determine a champion

edit. from a MMAJunkie article - MacDonald’s opening-round matchup in the eight-man tournament will see him fight former UFC title challenger Jon Fitch. A date and location for the bout are dependent on MacDonald’s health coming out of his fight with Mousasi, but he will put his title on the line in each tournament matchup starting with Fitch (31-7-1 MMA, 1-0 BMMA).

Maybe if they changed it, I'm sure I've heard them say that Rory will enter the tournament as a champion and every fight he's in is a titlefight. This tournament was not created to determine a champion

edit. from a MMAJunkie article - MacDonald’s opening-round matchup in the eight-man tournament will see him fight former UFC title challenger Jon Fitch. A date and location for the bout are dependent on MacDonald’s health coming out of his fight with Mousasi, but he will put his title on the line in each tournament matchup starting with Fitch (31-7-1 MMA, 1-0 BMMA).
This is from MMAFIGHTING: "Per a release, MacDonald’s title will be on the line in every tournament bout he is involved in and should he lose the belt, it will continue to be defended until the tournament finale with the eventual winner being declared both the undisputed Bellator welterweight champion and Grand Prix champion."
So if you win the tournament, you're still the champion, because you have to beat Rory or someone else who has beat Rory in a previous round

This is from MMAFIGHTING: "Per a release, MacDonald’s title will be on the line in every tournament bout he is involved in and should he lose the belt, it will continue to be defended until the tournament finale with the eventual winner being declared both the undisputed Bellator welterweight champion and Grand Prix champion."
So if you win the tournament, you're still the champion, because you have to beat Rory or someone else who has beat Rory in a previous round
Well that means Lima/Koreshkov will only be a 3 round fight

Yeah that's what I thought as well, but Tapology was making me wonder
They had a boxing match on the Joshua/Povetkin undercard labeled as a 6 rounder right before the event started but it ended up being 8 round fight. Bellator have never had a fight being 5 rounds unless it is for the title

They had a boxing match on the Joshua/Povetkin undercard labeled as a 6 rounder right before the event started but it ended up being 8 round fight. Bellator have never had a fight being 5 rounds unless it is for the title
Ok so it's settled, 3 rounder it is! :)

Now someone on twitter told me that all grand prix fights are 5 rounds.

I found an article about it:

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/8/...five-round-fights-macdonald-title-defense-mma

"Via press release, the Paramount Network promotion announced that all bouts in the tournament will be 5 rounds, whether or not they’re the main event of their particular card or not. It appears that this has been done, in part, to accommodate MacDonald’s current status as welterweight champion, as he’ll be putting his title on the line in each round of the tournament. Or, should he lose the belt, his opponent will treat their next round bout as a title defense. Eventually, the final winner will be both Grand Prix champion and holder of Bellator’s welterweight world title."

So all the Grand Prix fights will be 5 rounds for sure!

Last edited:
iirc coker said he didn't want rory to take part in the tournmament but he kept asking for it. Rory is crazy lol.

got lima at +110 feel pretty good about it. i had it 1-1 going into the third round in the rematch and koreshkov was not enjoying those leg kicks - perhaps why he got so aggressive in chasing the finish? obviously wrestlefuck is a legit concern but i'll take my chances at dog odds.

Opinion's on a large bet on Gegard ITD? Considering making that my only bet for this weekend, Bellator cards don't really do it for me, hard to find tape and sometimes even lines on some of the undercard bouts, which sucks.

Opinion's on a large bet on Gegard ITD? Considering making that my only bet for this weekend, Bellator cards don't really do it for me, hard to find tape and sometimes even lines on some of the undercard bouts, which sucks.
What's the odds on it?

Lines out for the maincard. Pico hypetrain continues, got in 1.9u at -200 on a eu book earlier but didn't expect him to be this juiced on the US openers

Back