Bellator 205 McKee vs Macapa

I'll keep an eye out for Steve Mowry in the future. He showed some skills, is tall/long/thick frame but lean body, and is young.

The guy he just beat is a can, but I like how Mowry handled him.

R1: Borics
R2: Silva (Borics was too inactive)

Good job by Borics for taking advantage of a mistake by Silva. Silva should've kept throwing a bunch of strikes instead of shoot for a random take down.

I'm sprinkling Macapa now that he is +525

Obviously McKee is younger, longer, more athletic, and the guy Bellator prefers to win...but is he really that much better? I don't see it.

Their fights against Justin Lawrence were mirror images of each other. Macapa is a decision machine, but McKee's chin was cracked in 8 seconds in amateur by a 3-4 bum and Macapa does have some power. Got three r1 KO's in a row pre-Bellator, rocked Lawrence + Weichel. I don't think Macapa gets the KO, but it's possible and if nothing else he can get a big round with a knockdown.

In all likelihood this is a close fight that gets scored 30-27, 29-28, 29-28 for McKee or something like that. But Macapa has just enough chance at finishing and/or winning a close decision to be worth a stab. Should be more like +400ish IMO.

I'll keep an eye out for Steve Mowry in the future. He showed some skills, is tall/long/thick frame but lean body, and is young.

The guy he just beat is a can, but I like how Mowry handled him.
Steve use to train at the Blackzillians before it disbanded. He has good skills for a heavyweight.

I always try to spread between Pinny, BM, BOL, and Nitro, I was just greedy for a really big position on this one and Veta price was worse on BM than BOL/Pinny when I was looking at it. I'm just going to start taking what I can get early bc I never get as much $ down on Bellator as I want.

I'm with you man....Veta seems like she is rapidly improving her striking and getting into better shape over recent fights too. I'm really not convinced Denise is significantly better than any of Veta's past 4 opponents. Mayo was 4-0 in kickboxing and Yankova was 5-1, they probably could have become champions with a bit of luck if they stuck with it for a longer period.
Why no 5dimes?

Bellator 205 Risk $2187.50

Rafael Lovato Jr. (-190) vs John Salter $380.00 for $200.00
Rafael Lovato Jr. (-194) vs John Salter ~$236.25 for ~$121.78
Rafael Lovato Jr. (-200) vs John Salter ~$243.00 for ~$121.50

Denise Kielholtz (-135) vs Veta Arteaga $67.50 for $50.00
Denise Kielholtz (-159) vs Veta Arteaga ~$195.75 for ~$123.11
Denise Kielholtz (-165) vs Veta Arteaga $82.50 for $50.00
Denise Kielholtz (-165) vs Veta Arteaga $82.50 for $50.00
Denise Kielholtz (-170) vs Veta Arteaga $850.00 for $500.00
Denise Kielholtz wins by 3 round decision (+100) $50.00 for $50.00

.5u on Macapa definitely see some value there at over 5-1. Also flier on Huerta. He'll probably lose but 9-1 is too hard to pass up for me. 1u Lovato Jr. And the Dutch chick itd for .5u at +440. Might be losing a good amount tonight but gonna take some chances here.

I'm rooting for Huerta to either lose via submission, or win the fight fast.

Basically, I don't want to see him take anymore damage.

R1: Huerta (I like what I saw from Huerta, but the judges probably gave Patricky the round with the TD when there was 21-22 seconds left in the round; Huerta is landing more strikes, but he needs to use better defense cuz Patricky his harder)

And that's it... Huerta finished early in R2 via a counter after being off balance and throwing wild punches. It's a shame since he hurt Patricky and could've won that fight.

Huerta showed a lot of heart. Love that he went super aggressive bc it was his only shot at winning. But patricky too much more skilled and powerful. Fun opener

Maybe he didn't want to sire children and has lots of good memories of fun pre-mommy Miesha.
I’ve heard different, that he always wanted to have a family with her and she was the one rejecting him (she said it herself on her podcast) it’s said he propose and she rejected him but they managed to go on as a couple after that.

I’ve heard different, that he always wanted to have a family with her and she was the one rejecting him (she said it herself on her podcast) it’s said he propose and she rejected him but they managed to go on as a couple after that.
I feel like Miesha kinda used him. He was always the one who out kicked his coverage and seemed to be holding on as long as he could. In love with her but not so much reciprocated at least after years of being together.

Where is everyone? I was looking forward to this Bellator card.

Denise looking good. Faster hands, good in the clinch as expected. Let's see if she can keep it up for two more rounds.

Should be 1-0 Kielholtz, but I'm not to comfortable yet

Back