Bellator 203 Does 391k, Bellator Kickboxing Does 185k Viewers

They aired 203 sunday mourning in Argentina here because UFC was at the same hour (and Fox Sports broadcasts both).

Tape delayed show and also went up against UFC Boise prelims which did 572k, main card 754k and Top Rank Boxing on ESPN which did 518k.

They taped delayed a tape delay on the west coast. They do not get it im afraid...

I would love to know what their westcoast average is, It has to be very low. No one is watching tape delayed MMA when the event JUST HAPPENED and was shown live on the east coast. Makes no damn sense.

tape delayed events will always get even shittier ratings...

again, i feel that dazn came at the right time. they give them a large sum of money, and give them the ability to air live.

event was good too. solid action.

not good but I doubt viacom cares beceause theyll be getting that dazn money.

not good but I doubt viacom cares beceause theyll be getting that dazn money.

Of course they care
Viacom lives & dies by ratings
Every rating matters to Viacom because it either lowers or highers the stations viewership & thus ad dollars

Of course they care
Viacom lives & dies by ratings
Every rating matters to Viacom because it either lowers or highers the stations viewership & thus ad dollars

if they cared they wouldnt have done the dazn deal. What network gets into a content deal thats designed to siphon its viewers? a network that has given up on that contents ratings.

if they cared they wouldnt have done the dazn deal. What network gets into a content deal thats designed to siphon its viewers? a network that has given up on that contents ratings.

Please tell me more about how a TV Network doesn't care about ratings lol
Come on, you are much smarter than this

Please tell me more about how a TV Network doesn't care about ratings lol
Come on, you are much smarter than this

the network that sold all its content to a different platform (part of it exclusively but kept no part of it exclusively to themselves.)

Think it through. how can you build an audience for bellator on paramount when youre sending them to a different platform that not only has the best part of the content exclusively but also has all the other content?

They dont give a shit about the ratings anymore. That's what the dazn money is for.

You are so off it is ridiculous & you don't understand the DAZN deal

nah you dont seem to understand it.

think of it this way. Imagine if UFC moved all its live content to fightpass and allowed fs1 to simulcast a bunch of the fightnights that air on fightpass.

what do you think would happen to ufc on fs1's ratings? it would tank because not only is all the content on fightpass but in addition the best content is exclusively on fightpass.

fs1 would never agree to it because all they would be doing is sending their viewers to fightpass. this why the fox cards are blacked out on fightpass.

fox would never do it because they care about the ufc ratings on their network.

Viacom is doing it because they probably realize they will never be able to get the ratings they want from bellator so this is their exit strategy.

if they cared about bellator ratings the deal wouldnt have been structure this way. they would have kept a portion of the content exclusive to paramount, etc...

ofcourse Paramount cares about ratings in general but they didnt do this deal to increase ratings for bellator, they did this deal because they realized bellator couldnt get them the ratings they wanted and this was the best way to eventually get it off the network.

They only run kick boxing because they know they can draw a crowd in certain European countries, other than that their is zero point to it.

Back