Bellator 197 Ratings: 242k viewers

Thread title misleading. By thet tweet Bellator 197 averaged over 400k between PN and CMT... which is
low but where they been as of
late.

Oh right, according to the haters they air it on CMT because they don’t want people to watch it on CMT. It only matters what they get on Paramount to paramount even though the same company that only cares about Paramount results actively takes Bellator viewers away from Paramount to another station where the viewers don’t count towards the actual viewer amount according to the dog

Last edited:
That brilliant Coker is taking over.

He's just waiting for Hunt & Arlovski to leave the UFC in their mid 40's sign them, get brain damaged Liddell a main event fight and sign a few former TUFers to get cut sign them then his ultimate 2018 MMA plan we'll be unveiled.

tenor.gif

It includes most of West Coast from the 2 hour aotted slot. The number will definitely go up only because the main event went 20 minutes past the 2 hour slot.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/4/15/17240474/ufc-on-fox-does-1780000-viewers-on-fast-nationals

The fast national measure viewership on FOX stations from 8-10 p.m. ET, 7 -9 p.m. CT, 6-8 p.m. MT and 8-10 p.m. PT, which means this measures local programming on West Coast channels, and not West Coast viewership of the UFC show.

The actual ratings, which comes out on Tuesday, should be significantly higher. The main event, which will almost surely be the highest rated part of the show, started at 10 p.m., meaning it wasn’t figured into this number. The fight going into the fourth round gave it plenty of time to build an audience, and it’s possible, with the quality of the fight, that the audience growth past 10 p.m. would be greater than usual.

That brilliant Coker is taking over.

He's just waiting for Hunt & Arlovski to leave the UFC in their mid 40's sign them, get brain damaged Liddell a main event fight and sign a few former TUFers to get cut sign them then his ultimate 2018 MMA plan we'll be unveiled.

tenor.gif

Those guys are the ones who draw (Mitrione v Nelson was competing against Olympics and Black Panther), the problem is not using them enough. Coker can build a roster but is awful at using a roster.

He needs to do what he was doing up to and including Kimbo v DD5K.

We all joke about it but at this point he really should be thinking about signing Chuck, getting Tito back, Royce, Ken, Dada etc.

Thread title misleading. By thet tweet Bellator 197 averaged over 400k between PN and CMT... which is
low but where they been as of
late.

Oh right, according to the haters they air it on CMT because they don’t want people to watch it on CMT. It only matters what they get on Paramount to paramount even though the same company that only cares about Paramount results actively takes Bellator viewers away from Paramount to another station where the viewers don’t count towards the actual viewer amount according to the dog
You're definitely right. Sorry about the headline. I wasn't really paying attention to the CMT side. I stole it from Reddit because fuck Reddit.

However, even in it's combined ratings (around 403K), they're considerably low and probably their worst ratings in a long time.

It's pretty low for a Michael Chandler card. I remember Chandler/Alvarez 2 got over a million in ratings back in 2013.

You're definitely right. Sorry about the headline. I wasn't really paying attention to the CMT side. I stole it from Reddit because fuck Reddit.

However, even in it's combined ratings (around 403K), they're considerably low and probably their worst ratings in a long time.

It's pretty low for a Michael Chandler card. I remember Chandler/Alvarez 2 got over a million in ratings back in 2013.
Thank for acknowledging this post from @Kingz . A few people in here mentioned that something was probably off and that explains it.

The rebranding I’d spike has been brutal for Bellator

They need to do something quick

We all joke about it but at this point he really should be thinking about signing Chuck, getting Tito back, Royce, Ken, Dada etc.

This.

The freakshow model was doing wonders for the, being UFC-Lite with bad match matchmaking has not.

They got better numbers when there was a card every week. Consistency. Now they lowered the number of cards but the cards aren't any more stacked. What was the purpose of doing that? I used to watch Bellator because I knew it was on every week. Now I miss every other event because I have to research when it is on.

Bellator shills need to forget about the UFC and worry about Combate Americas.

univison is a very big channel for the latino audience. I honestly think the network has a huge part to play at this point. there has been a considerable drop off in the ratings since the re-branding to paramount, with the exception of the rampage fight.

I honestly think Viacom needs to put bellator on a different network. they would probably benefit more by being on showtime with other sports entities. It just doesnt make sense to put an mma show on a network that has literally no other programming that compliments it.

these numbers can't be good for bellator, and viacom cant be satisfied.

fact is that ufc is still the big show in town. when even UFC's own show's ratings suffer from over-saturation, you know that other mma entities will feel a hit that is just as big. the difference is that ufc is in it for the long haul and could weather sagging ratings.

Shocking on some level, but I get it.

I can't even start to picture what is going on behinds the scenes right now at Paramount and Bellator. I get Uni-vision's reach since in some big markets it's a free over the air channel. So I can see how something like this can get bigger numbers. But the flip side is this is sports. Fans usually search out the best. We'll watch New England vs Pittsburgh game over Cleveland vs Cardinals all day long. But in Cleveland and Arizona markets they'll trump New England game ratings. But overall New England vs Pitts. game is going to kill it nationwide on an even playing field. I would think a fan of MMA would tune into to see Chandler way before what Combate Americas was giving us. But I can see how Combate wins in the big picture because they reach 50% of the TV's in America and Paramount is probably available to around 25% to 30%.

Wow so Bellator got the lowest ratings ever on Paramount by a pretty big margin. That pretty much says it all. I can't even imagine what's being said behind the scenes.

Wow so Bellator got the lowest ratings ever on Paramount by a pretty big margin. That pretty much says it all. I can't even imagine what's being said behind the scenes.

Maybe this will finally be a wake up call to try something different with how they use the roster and number of events.

Simply put, fans aren't tuning in just because its MMA anymore. They're educated and cherry pick events more than ever. This is also true for the UFC.

Back