Bellator 196 - How Well Does It Do?

Thesnake101

Think about it, it worth it.
@Gold
Reaction score
I actually think the main event replacement was a good thing for this card, since at least Benson is a somewhat well known name and Huerta was once popular a decade ago. That being said, this being a tape-delayed card and overall very weak (name wise), I think they'll be lucky if they even hit 450k.

Maybe I'm just being pessimistic though.

youre not pessimistic , i think from now on every non-tentpole card can be projected to estimate in the 400K-500K range. even the tentpoles wont do much better

keep in mind tv ratings will continue to go down through the year and next year. its just the trend, as fans just keep watching, everything you do is tracked now online by companies so they know how interested people are in things, tv ratings are becoming less relevant, they know every site you go to and everything about you especially if you have facebook and/or a google account

It will do around 450k. Seems that the rebranding has hurt Bellator more than it helped it

Not having a sports channel for Bellator to be on really hurts Bellator. Spike/paramount isn’t what it used to be when the ufc was on it. Shit, it isn’t what it used to be even a couple of years ago

youre not pessimistic , i think from now on every non-tentpole card can be projected to estimate in the 400K-500K range. even the tentpoles wont do much better

keep in mind tv ratings will continue to go down through the year and next year. its just the trend, as fans just keep watching, everything you do is tracked now online by companies so they know how interested people are in things, tv ratings are becoming less relevant, they know every site you go to and everything about you especially if you have facebook and/or a google account

Their last tentpole event did less than 500k viewers (mittrione vs nelson)

Back