Bellator 194 - Nelson vs Mitrione - Connecticut

Mitrione dec +350 is lovely..

So is Julaton +290 ...

Last edited:
I thought about betting Julaton, but I'm going to pass. There is too much evidence that she sucks.

She was 2-2 pre-Bellator with her wins coming against 2-5 and 3-7 opponents. And she was awfullll in her Bellator debut.

They gave her a complete zero late replacement in Lisa Blaine, whose Bellator highlighted as a BJJ blue belt. And Julaton just couldn't hurt her with strikes. She was clearly focused on developing kicks instead of throwing punches, but by her 5th MMA fight you'd think that she would have developed a more cohesive striking game.

Meanwhile Hardy looked fine in her beatdown of scrub Alice Yauger. Yeah, she took a few hits, but at least she showed the ability to throw nice combos, deal damage, and get the stoppage.

And I believe Kristina Williams is lowkey good. Tall, athletic, black belt in tae kwondo, been training MMA since she was 23. Yes she exposed holes in Hardy's defense, but her striking game looks soooooo much better than Julaton's.

So I'd say Hardy is the rightful fave. It's hard to say whether she will look more like -150 or -500 with such little info. But Julaton offers so little I can't bring myself to roll the dice on her.

Value play at Bellator 194: Female boxing champion Ana Julaton who is making her Bellator debut this Friday is a whopping +290 against fellow former professional boxer turned mixed martial artist Heather Hardy. Julaton is 2-3 as a pro and has previously fought decent competition in One FC in Asia. Hardy won her MMA debut in her first Bellator fight impressively, but then got outstruck and TKOed when she got her nose smashed in via a kick by a more well rounded martial artist who herself was making her pro MMA debut in Hardy's most recent bout to bring her record to 1-1. It makes zero sense for Hardy to be such a big favorite, especially after her last fight. I consider this a who knows pick 'em type of fight and therefore Julaton at +290 has serious value imho. For what it's worth I also listened to an interview with Julaton on The MMA Report podcast and she sounded like she felt disrespected and determined to show that she is the better fighter. 2u on Julaton at +290.

I agree. I got her at +315. I like how aggressive julaton is and the fact that she goes for takedowns. I think hardy is getting bet mainly on name recognition and this is way closer than the odds reflect.

Last edited:
where can i get mitrione dec euro bookie?

edit: nm found it on betsafe.

Last edited:
According to the commissioner in charge, Heather Hardy had a terrible weight cut, looked very drained on the scale and was not even given the opportunity to strip off her outfit and try to weigh-in naked behind a towel. when she weighed in very slightly over the 126 pound flyweight allowance. Julaton will get 20% of her purse. Some controversy behind whether this was justified. http://mmajunkie.com/2018/02/mike-mazzulli-explains-heather-hardy-weigh-ins-bellator-194-mma

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/2/15/...e-rematch-heavyweight-grand-prix-bellator-194

Nelson talking about having flu/cold for a few weeks during camp. Worth noting, as a real flu can significantly hinder his camp conditioning.

From the interview:
“It’s actually been a pretty rough camp, it’s probably one of my shittier ones, but at the end of the day you’re going to see my hand raised on Friday. The biggest thing has just been, it was flu season, and you know I’m old so just getting up out of bed just sucks, all that good stuff. For like two weeks (I) couldn’t get out of bed where that was virus was going around killing people. So I wanted to make sure I didn’t kill my (training) partners and you know all that good stuff.”

Damn sounds pretty bad.

matt looking to stay on his bike, roy potentially looking to wrestle fuck. o1.5 seems likely?

Despite the update about Heather's potential tough weight cut, just wanted to temper expectations on Ana Julaton now that I had a chance to re-watch her Bellator debut at Bellator 185. She threw good kicks against a part-time fighter who stepped in on four weeks notice, but she seemed like she was moving in slow motion, almost refused to throw punches at all and got taken down three times. She did get up twice though in round one and two. For her to win this she has to look a lot better than that first performance by putting together her boxing with her kicks, plus having more urgency. Maybe even using wrestling herself. I have to believe that she's been training and her coaches will have her looking like a more complete fighter. So it's a value play with Julaton as nearly a three to one underdog, but a lot of the outcome depends on how Julaton looks compared to her previous Bellator fight.

I also like the over 1½ on Mitrione vs Nelson at -135, and Mitrione by 3 round decision at +278 in the main event. Patricky Freire by 3 round decision at +234 vs Derek Campos. Also like Liam McGeary scorecards=no action vs Vadim Nekmov. Liam has never been KOed, but he might get wrestlefucked or outpointed if he doesn't get a submission with his long limbs or other finish.

Are we getting live betting for the show tonight? Or is it supposed to air on Spike later?

@EzFlyer

Any thoughts on Campos / Patricky?

I feel like Campos is going to be a little more cautious than he has lately. Think he knows if he's too aggressive, hell get ko'd. And patricky is always patient. Think it had pitbull Dec written all over it.. just controlling the center, landing good counters

Campos might surprise me and go for it, again, but I think he gets ko'd if he does.

I have added to o2.5 and don't like either side of ML right now

Are we getting live betting for the show tonight? Or is it supposed to air on Spike later?

Huh? Isn't it normal airtime for USA Bellator? 9 pm et

And usa doesn't ever get live betting for Bella, sadly.

I feel like Campos is going to be a little more cautious than he has lately. Think he knows if he's too aggressive, hell get ko'd. And patricky is always patient. Think it had pitbull Dec written all over it.. just controlling the center, landing good counters

Campos might surprise me and go for it, again, but I think he gets ko'd if he does.

I have added to o2.5 and don't like either side of ML right now

That sounds about right to me. I think I've been looking for reasons to bet Campos that just aren't there. Going to pass.

Who else wants to empty their bankroll on Fedor +135?

Edit: wrong card lol

Damn B65 doesnt have bellator betting .. Wiped out on my bodog account haha :mad:

There may be value on Roy at +165

Mitrione is a freak physically, but his defense is awful which is why he loses to almost every decent fighter he ever faces and is mostly a bum terminator. His big wins are against Black Beast who does not absorb big shots wells, and washed up Fedor.

Roy has looked really bad trying to strike with fighters like Volkov and BB, but he was tagging Mitrione pretty easily in their first matchup. Mitirone's defense seems as bad as ever, the only narrative in his favor is that his striking may have improved while Roy's has declined.

But Mitirone is only 2 years younger so is it really that likely he zoomed past Roy in the striking department? They are different people and Mitrione may be aging more gracefully, so it's definitely possible. But Roy was in control in the first matchup and I don't think you can be confident that Mitrione will control the striking exchanges this time.

And even if Meathead does land more, Roy still seems to be durable and he still has a chance of stealing the decision with his wrestling.

Think ppl are assuming Roy is done a bit prematurely, he's a crafty veteran who somehow manages to hang in fights in spite of being a fat old fuck with short arms. He looked +EV against Ayala, and I think there's a good chance he looks +EV vs Mitrione.

Could be like Jacare vs Brunson where everybody assumed Jacare was old/done and Brunson was bet from +140 to -115, and then ancient history repeated itself and Jacare got the round 1 KO again.

Back