Bellator 184 - Dantas vs Caldwell - Oklahoma

Guys don’t get cute -120 is good value for Strauss take that and sprinkle DEC if you’d like.

In regards to Tex vs Curran. Curran is just much to passive for me, and not as aggressive as he needs to be. For him to beat Tex he will either have to ground him or land a good counter shot and put Tex away. Curran doesn’t check leg kicks and Tex has some powerful kicks that I think will play a role in the fight. +140 is value and I hit it for 2.5u

i know you know both dudes, batboy, what i said wasn't addressed to you

i'm kinda being dumb (gunshy?) in some respects-- i'm effectively saying "this is prolly gonna be a split decision" in the same breath as "idk about teixeira +140"

i just believe a bit more in curran than most apparently do, still. if he was more active, this would be a 2+ unit play at -155 for me. as is, it's small or nothing. fortunately i have a good price on the over, so that's nice

Straus Dec +160, think I prefer over his ML as Sanchez has never been finished and Straus isn't a huge finisher himself. Thoughts?

overall i think you could split your action. that might be a better way to play it. like if you wanted to do a unit on +160 decision as your only play, in theory, i'd say do 0.6u -120 ML and 0.4u +160 decision, or something to that effect.

overall i think you could split your action. that might be a better way to play it. like if you wanted to do a unit on +160 decision as your only play, in theory, i'd say do 0.6u -120 ML and 0.4u +160 decision, or something to that effect.

Yup that is essentially what I did. .5u Straus ML -115 and .6u Straus Dec +160. I would almost always sway heavier to the ML, but these guys are both decision fighters and Sanches is as gritty as they come, never been finished, etc.

Bella 184 Risk: 991.30
Caldwell +128: 100 for 127.50 / caldwell DEC: 15 parlays / O4.5: 110 for 100 / Dantas
straus -130: 195 for 150 / straus DEC: 15 parlays / O2.5: 34.50 for 30 / sanchez
Curran -155: 77.50 for 50 / curran DEC: 15 parlays / O2.5: 126.80 for 80 / Teixeira
Taimanglo +215: 50 for 107.50 - 15 parlays / taimanglo +3.5: 105 for 100 / O2.5: 162.50 for 100 / higo
parlays
30 RR for 195.56: caldwellDEC/ strausDEC/ curranDEC/ taimanglo
---

k yea i'm set for tonight. i'm happy w/my action besides the curran ML play, but i don't HATE it, frankly (and it's less than a unit so w/e).

really freakin good 4 fights tonight in bellator, and i think all 4 are going the distance.

edit: doubled the taimanglo-higo O2.5

Last edited:
I'm seeing a lot of Teixera vs Curran discussion. Also seeing a lot of posters asking for my opinion, and now that i've reviewed the tape i'm happy to share with you all.

Pass. Pass on everything. I'd like Teixera here if it wasn't for the footwork. Teixera is very flat footed and Curran moves his feet well. Not convinced Teixera is going to be able to cut him off with low kicks. I also don't feel comfortable with the over as I initially did, cause its likely this stays standing and both dudes will bang. Lots of talk about Curran's volume, but if Teixera forces him to counter (he will just cause of his aggressiveness), Curran will start throwing more. And Curran rocked Georgi last fight and John rocked Weichel. Just don't feel like biting my nails for 15 min on the over if these dudes are landing on each other in a high paced fight.

Will put Teixera dec in my prop round robin. Maybe play it small if it climbs a little more. Just wish his damn footwork was better and i'd gladly throw a unit at him.

Just a heads up for those watching or DVRing Bellator tonight- there's a really good tape delayed Bellator Kickboxing 7 card from two weekends ago in San Jose starting immediately after the live Bellator 184 card tonight. Features Raymond Daniels, Joe Schilling and more. The little spoilers I heard already make it sound worth watching.

I'm seeing a lot of Teixera vs Curran discussion. Also seeing a lot of posters asking for my opinion, and now that i've reviewed the tape i'm happy to share with you all.

Pass. Pass on everything. I'd like Teixera here if it wasn't for the footwork. Teixera is very flat footed and Curran moves his feet well. Not convinced Teixera is going to be able to cut him off with low kicks. I also don't feel comfortable with the over as I initially did, cause its likely this stays standing and both dudes will bang. Lots of talk about Curran's volume, but if Teixera forces him to counter (he will just cause of his aggressiveness), Curran will start throwing more. And Curran rocked Georgi last fight and John rocked Weichel. Just don't feel like biting my nails for 15 min on the over if these dudes are landing on each other in a high paced fight.

Will put Teixera dec in my prop round robin. Maybe play it small if it climbs a little more. Just wish his damn footwork was better and i'd gladly throw a unit at him.
Pat Curran is going to get rekt, just watch. He's done, not the same guy.

Just tailing...
1.25u - Strauss @1.80
1.0u - Caldwell @2.00
0.5u - Teixeira @2.40

I hear ya man, but Curran 4 decisions in a row and Tex 6 in a row. Maybe Tex pushing the pace brings out a more aggressive Curran, but I gotta see it to believe it. That said, obviously there's decent juice to play the over or goes distance.

So....no props for this event on Bookmaker? That sucks.

bookmaker never gets props for bellator, does it..?
I think BM offered props on Bellator 180. I remember eyeing the DEC line on Sonnen-Silva but ended up taking the O 1.5.

Bellator 184 Risk $1447.85

Darrion Caldwell (+100) vs Eduardo Dantas $200.00 for $200.00
Darrion Caldwell wins inside distance (+324) $35.00 for $113.40

Daniel Straus (-135) vs Emmanuel Sanchez $270.00 for $200.00
Daniel Straus wins by 3 round decision (+175) $75.00 for $131.25

John Teixeira (+140) vs Pat Curran $100.00 for $140.00
John Teixeira +3½ points (-210) $210.00 for $100.00
John Teixeira/Pat Curran Over 2½ (-219) $109.50 for $50.00
John Teixeira wins by 3 round decision (+225) $75.00 for $168.75

Joe Taimanglo +3½ points (-120) $120.00 for $100.00
Joe Taimanglo/Leandro Higo Under 2½ (+145) $75.00 for $108.75

Steve Kozola (-154) vs Carrington Banks ~$178.35 for ~$115.81

doubled my O2.5 play on taimanglo-higo. why isn't this -2xx like the others? who finishes who and how? joe hasn't been stopped in like 10 years.. higo not since 2010, either, only time he was stopped

feels like a baby joe guillotine or a decision, hehe. (i guess higo could get a RNC, but i doubt it)

teixeira just got smashed pretty hard. curran down to -140, -135, etc.

Back