Lightweight Steve Kozola vs. Carrington Banks
Featherweight Gastón Reyno vs. L.J. Hermeck
Welterweight Justin Patterson vs. Chance Rencountre
Catchweight (160 lbs) Shakir McKillip vs. Sean Holden
Lightweight Manny Muro vs. Emmanuel Rivera
Featherweight Kendall Carnahan vs. Daniel Carey

Weigh In Results
MAIN CARD (Spike, 9 p.m. ET)

• Champ Eduardo Dantas (134.5) vs. Darrion Caldwell (134.7) – for bantamweight title
    • Emmanuel Sanchez (145.2) vs. Daniel Straus (145.8)
    • Pat Curran (145.6) vs. John Teixeira (145.8)
    • Leandro Higo (135.2) vs. Joe Taimanglo (135.7)
PRELIMINARY CARD (MMAjunkie, 7 p.m. ET)

• Teagan Dooley (202) vs. DeMarcus Simmons (201.8)
    • Carrington Banks (155.3) vs. Steve Kozola (155.2)
    • L.J. Hermreck (144) vs. Westin Wilson (146)
    • Justin Patterson (170.1) vs. Chance Rencountre (170.1)
    • Sean Holden (157.4) vs. Shakir McKillip (159.6) – 160-pound catchweight
    • Manny Muro (154.6) vs. Emmanuel Rivera (154)
    • Ernest James (263.9) vs. Ray Jones (245.2)
    • Daniel Carey (149.8) vs. Kendall Carnahan (149.9)
Screenshot_2017-10-06-08-29-04-1.png

Last edited:
Main Card on Spike
135lb Title Fight Eduardo Dantas (c) vs. Darrion Caldwell
Featherweight Daniel Straus vs. Emmanuel Sanchez
Featherweight Pat Curran vs. John Teixeira
Bantamweight Joe Taimanglo vs. Leandro Higo

Prelims (www.spike.com)
Light Heavyweight DeMarcus Simmons vs. Jarod Trice
Lightweight Steve Kozola vs. Carrington Banks
Featherweight Gastón Reyno vs. L.J. Hermeck
Welterweight Justin Patterson vs. Chance Rencountre
Catchweight (160 lbs) Shakir McKillip vs. Sean Holden
Lightweight Manny Muro vs. Emmanuel Rivera
Featherweight Kendall Carnahan vs. Daniel Carey

Weigh In Results
*To be posted this afternoon*

Should be a good night of Bantamweights and Featherweights. Honestly I forgot Dantas was champ. Caldwell is a decent challenger. All the 3 other main card fights are big for their divisions as the divisions are shallow and these guys are near the top.

Should be a good night of Bantamweights and Featherweights. Honestly I forgot Dantas was champ. Caldwell is a decent challenger. All the 3 other main card fights are big for their divisions as the divisions are shallow and these guys are near the top.

I like the main event a lot. After Joe Warren I thought Caldwell was unstoppable. But I think i'm leaning towards Dantas winning by way of Cruz style of footwork and striking.

Curious if Joe T can even make wait this time after showing up fat and derailing the caldwell hype train for a minute.

I like the main event a lot. After Joe Warren I thought Caldwell was unstoppable. But I think i'm leaning towards Dantas winning by way of Cruz style of footwork and striking.

Curious if Joe T can even make wait this time after showing up fat and derailing the caldwell hype train for a minute.

I think Dantas will win too by making Caldwell work too hard. I think Caldwell may have a gassing problem which at 135 is bad news bears. I think he'll do what you say and use movement well early and try and take him out later in the fight.

Bellator 184 weigh-in results: Champ Eduardo Dantas (134.5), Darrion Caldwell (134.7) set for title fight

MAIN CARD (Spike, 9 p.m. ET)
  • Champ Eduardo Dantas (134.5) vs. Darrion Caldwell (134.7) – for bantamweight title
  • Emmanuel Sanchez (145.2) vs. Daniel Straus (145.8)
  • Pat Curran (145.6) vs. John Teixeira (145.8)
  • Leandro Higo (135.2) vs. Joe Taimanglo (135.7)
PRELIMINARY CARD (MMAjunkie, 7 p.m. ET)
  • Teagan Dooley (202) vs. DeMarcus Simmons (201.8)
  • Carrington Banks (155.3) vs. Steve Kozola (155.2)
  • L.J. Hermreck (144) vs. Westin Wilson (146)
  • Justin Patterson (170.1) vs. Chance Rencountre (170.1)
  • Sean Holden (157.4) vs. Shakir McKillip (159.6) – 160-pound catchweight
  • Manny Muro (154.6) vs. Emmanuel Rivera (154)
  • Ernest James (263.9) vs. Ray Jones (245.2)
  • Daniel Carey (149.8) vs. Kendall Carnahan (149.9)

Looks like Jarod Trice fight may have been pulled from the prelims? If so I have no need to watch the prelims now.

I'd like to see Bellator focus more on their bantamweight division. Then again, I love the little guys and want Bellator to add a flyweight division (and I'd like to see men's atomweight become a thing in Asia along with strawweight as it's currently becoming popular)...
The Jetseter-Thunderbeast fight's gonna be real interesting. I think Ben Askren gave Carrington a bunch of props a few months ago, so that says something, and Kozola has a solid record and a 100% finishing rate, and a weird body and a real solid left-hook, particularly of the counter variety (watching some of his fights, it's kinda crazy how many fights he's won with it.) The winner'll probably be Bellator's best chance to get a good lightweight prospect that they've had since the tournament days.

Honestly I forgot Dantas was champ.

Really? He's fought as much over the past year-and-a-half as he had in the previous 3 and actually been on a regular fight schedule, AND his last fight was more recent than Caldwell's. It's a little weird you forgot he was champ, unless you just completely forgot about Bellator...

I'd like to see Bellator focus more on their bantamweight division. Then again, I love the little guys and want Bellator to add a flyweight division (and I'd like to see men's atomweight become a thing in Asia along with strawweight as it's currently becoming popular)...
The Jetseter-Thunderbeast fight's gonna be real interesting. I think Ben Askren gave Carrington a bunch of props a few months ago, so that says something, and Kozola has a solid record and a 100% finishing rate, and a weird body and a real solid left-hook, particularly of the counter variety (watching some of his fights, it's kinda crazy how many fights he's won with it.) The winner'll probably be Bellator's best chance to get a good lightweight prospect that they've had since the tournament days.

Really? He's fought as much over the past year-and-a-half as he had in the previous 3 and actually been on a regular fight schedule, AND his last fight was more recent than Caldwell's. It's a little weird you forgot he was champ, unless you just completely forgot about Bellator...

Honestly it's because I don't rate Bellator's BW division very highly at all. The 145 division they got is great and I'd put a lot of those guys in the top 10 in the UFC but the 135 is pretty shallow. The champ's last fight was against a guy making his debut. I'm not sure if there was an injury or what but that isn't a good sign.

No one going to congratulate BabyJoe for making weight??

If Sanchez finds a way to turn a so-so not super exciting but not boring fight into a split win over Straus going to be mad.

Main event is a banger, looking forward to that.

Honestly it's because I don't rate Bellator's BW division very highly at all. The 145 division they got is great and I'd put a lot of those guys in the top 10 in the UFC but the 135 is pretty shallow. The champ's last fight was against a guy making his debut. I'm not sure if there was an injury or what but that isn't a good sign.

I'm not gonna look this up, but if my memory serves me, wasn't Higo a last-minute replacement? He was scheduled to make his debut on the card or something and Caldwell got sick or injured a few weeks out, if not the week-of, and Higo got the replacement spot. It's a little silly to hold that against them under any circumstance. The UFC did the same thing with Joe Soto.
And a lot of the Bellator bantamweights are in the top-10, much like at featherweight. Fightmatrix and MMAJunkie rankings-- both respectable-- have the Bellator bantamweight top-5 spread between, like, the top-5 to -20. That's pretty solid and respectable for a division, despite the fact that they don't have much of a middling ground for it that people can play a "who's gonna be the next contender?" guessing game with.

Dantas...Bubba ain't ready.

I'm not gonna look this up, but if my memory serves me, wasn't Higo a last-minute replacement? He was scheduled to make his debut on the card or something and Caldwell got sick or injured a few weeks out, if not the week-of, and Higo got the replacement spot. It's a little silly to hold that against them under any circumstance. The UFC did the same thing with Joe Soto.
And a lot of the Bellator bantamweights are in the top-10, much like at featherweight. Fightmatrix and MMAJunkie rankings-- both respectable-- have the Bellator bantamweight top-5 spread between, like, the top-5 to -20. That's pretty solid and respectable for a division, despite the fact that they don't have much of a middling ground for it that people can play a "who's gonna be the next contender?" guessing game with.

I said I couldn't remember if it was an injury replacement. I still don't think the BW division is very good in Bellator, FW is much better.

Back