Bellator 184 averages 437k viewers

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by Queen B, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Queen B Silver Belt

Queen B

spinitch likes this.
  2. SRN SOCRATEEEES

SRN
    Here's a thought, after such tragic events and an awful week for pretty much everyone maybe people weren't that excited about men punching each other, you know?

I didn't watch. How was the card?

3. qw3rty WAMMA Belt

qw3rty
    We need more "Bellator is dying!!1!!!" Threads on F61

4. mime Brown Belt

mime
    they will never reach the ratings they had before i think, tv viewership is on the decline in general it seems

AGEZ909 and Go Go Plata like this.
  5. Go Go Plata Black Belt

Go Go Plata
    I think UFC's PPV numbers will be telling of people's appetite for MMA last week.

I don't nesecarily think Bellator's content is to blame. On paper, it was a good card. Maybe Bellator needs to re-think how they distribute the content. Working out a deal with a streaming provider (Netflix, Hulu, etc) by providing live MMA would be a big deal and would lead to better exposure. I guess we will see how the Paramount launch goes.

AGEZ909 likes this.
  6. AGEZ909 Brown Belt

AGEZ909
    They won’t. I can think of two reasons off the top of my head.

1) Bellator going International. Most of the lowest drawing Bellator events are international events. They draw low ratings for obvious reasons. They are built for the host nation, usually build to showcase some of their talent. Add the fact that Bellator does little to no advertising and holds the shows on major tape delay, it’s no wonder the draw shit in the states. Not saying net figures are just as awful; I’m sure there is reason behind what spike does.

2)cord-cutter. Plain fact is that cable is rapidly becoming a thing of the past. Spike was in nearly 100m homes when rebney was in charge. It is down to around 82m last time I checked. We will see streaming services becomes more and more prominent over the next decade. The problem is that these rating reviews don’t count those who are streaming the event.

Karelinator and VulcanNervPinch like this.
  7. Meathead Jock WAR ASKREN

Meathead Jock
  8. GueseGuy Yellow Belt

GueseGuy
    Calling it now, card with Budd as headliner will do 200k viewers. Coker just setting up Bellator for failure.

9. AGEZ909 Brown Belt

AGEZ909
    Last card budd headlined did around 750ish

DDx2 likes this.
  10. CC27 Gold Belt

CC27
    Its been a really down year in general for all mma, UFC and Bellator.

Bellator started strong with a big card and then Fedor card kind of fell apart and since Feb they've only done Rampage/Mo and 1 PPV prelim above 700k. Thats not good at all.

And UFC has only had one big event and NY event will be big but other events havent and even TV events havent been big this year.

Problem for Bellator is the good fighters they are bringing in and paying alot of money for arent bringing viewers with them. Right now Sonnen and Fedor are really only two who can give them a rating if they are matched up in the right fight.

Wonder if Mousasi and Rory/Lima will deliver viewers.

11. CC27 Gold Belt

CC27
    That Dec card probably wont do well, its a bad card and its running against a UFC card.

AGEZ909 likes this.
  12. FKA THAT BELLATOR GUY/IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!!!

FKA
    They are still making good profits with live gates,merchandise,etc.

They own the channel they are on in the U.S. so as long as they are turning profits and doing ok numbers ratings wise its not a big deal.

Like already said numbers are down in general in mma and this time of year sees alot of competition from other sports that cuts viewers.

Overall the numbers as far as profits and growth have been all up as well as ratings until this last show.Viacom has a shitton of money and trust in the longterm vision coker has put forth.The growth of the company is undeniable under cokers reign.

I love Bellator its absolutely wonderful for fighters in free agency to have a viable option domestically.

13. Ultimate Cuck Yellow Belt

Ultimate Cuck
    anyone surprised? Bellator should ditch 135 and 145. No one cares unless it's a star like Mcgregor. Focus on 185 and up and only sign hot female fighters.

14. Falconkick Ethiopian your mind

Falconkick
    The card was great. Sanchez stole the show with his utter domination of former champ Straus. Pat Curran back and looked great he had Macapa rocked with a few very hard/loud right hands. Damn they were loud lol. Dantas/Caldwell was slow but overall great card.

SRN likes this.
  15. SRN SOCRATEEEES

SRN
    Sounds good. I should check that one out.

Falconkick likes this.
  16. Falconkick Ethiopian your mind

Falconkick
    Good point. And there wasn't much else going on with that card. Doubt 700 + tuned into see Fernando Gonzalez. Coenen was the biggest name on that card.

Karelinator and AGEZ909 like this.
  17. AGEZ909 Brown Belt

AGEZ909
    Agreed, but what I was getting at is it more than likely will do more than 200k

18. skylolow Silver Belt

skylolow
    Plain and simple its an ugly number and heading in the wrong direction. Blame what ever you want on it.

Personally, my belief is MMA fan is evolving past the point of just tuning in to any card from any org. They are flocking more than ever to big events in MMA and not half ass shows regardless if its on Spike, FS1, Fox, PPV, etc.. NFL does killer ratings but fans don't tune into Bengals vs Browns like they tune into Giants vs Cowboys. MMA fan is being more selective than ever before and understand the quality of card much better than any other time in MMA history. Which is a big reason why a shit UFC PPV use to do 350K and now can barely break a 100K.

19. Hardcore MMA Orange Belt

Hardcore MMA
    Well, the PPV buy numbers for UFC 216 are coming in really low right now. So far reports at showing 120k. Seems like it was a down weekend in general for MMA, on top of this event competing with NCAA Football and not having any big names on it for the casuals.

Go Go Plata and AGEZ909 like this.
  20. fermaPY 8° Campione

fermaPY
    In 2018 Bellator should make major changes if they want to stay in the bussines for a long time.... ( Im not saying that they are bad economically, but for investors it is not funny to throw money without results)
    This ratings aren't good at all and considering that they are having more overseas cards that ussually makes low ratings the final numbers of 2017 are not going to be positives at all
    They must make an effort to get all the cards LIVE and get the biggest quantitys of international deals they can...
    Also considering to make 5-6 fight Main Cards could help IMO...
    I agree that they should try to get new markets and i like the way they are trying to be in the Israel market, i think that thinks lile that are going to work in the long run