Bellator 182 Koreshkov vs. Njokuani Weigh In Results (not good)

Meathead Jock

WAR ASKREN
@Gold
Reaction score
Bellator 182: Koreshkov vs. Njokuani Weigh-In Results:

Andrey Koreshkov (171.0) vs. Chidi Njokuani (175.0)
Brennan Ward (178.0) vs. Fernando Gonzalez (180.0)
A.J. McKee (146.0) vs. Blair Tugman (146.0)
Bruna Ellen (125.25) vs. Veta Arteaga (125.25)
Georgi Karakhanyan (146.0) vs. Daniel Pineda (146.0)
Noad Lahat (146.0) vs. Henry Corrales (145.0)
Chris Honeycutt (185.5) vs. Kevin Casey (186.0)
Ricky Rainey (170.5) vs. Marc Stevens (170.5)
Matt Secor (174.0) vs. TJ Sumler (176.5)
Phillipe Lins (205.0) vs. Vadim Nemkov (204.0)
Sinead Kavanagh (145.0) vs. Arlene Blencowe (145.75)
Talita Nogueira (145.0) vs. Amanda Bell (145.0)
Colleen Schneider (123.75) vs. Kate Jackson (125.5)
Tom Regal (170.0) vs. Kastroit Xhema (169.5)
Brandon Polcare (137.0) vs. Alex Potts (139.0)
Joey Davis (172.0) vs. Justin Roswell (175.0)
Josh Ricci (130.0) vs. Brandon Warne (129.0)
Kristi Lopez (126.0) vs. Jessica Sotack (126.0)

Fights still on but have to root for Koreshkov. Will never root for someone who misses weight so badly in an important fight

Chidi is a mw posing as a WW. Dude has missed weight multiple times..

Rooting for koreshkov here..

Ward also missed smh

Edit: Ward vs Gonzalez was at a catchweight?, originally? Or did both miss weight?

Chidi is a damn middleweight. Who is he trying to fool? Himself?

Some were wondering if Schneider could make flyweight. Made it by over a pound.

Chidi is a damn middleweight. Who is he trying to fool? Himself?

Some were wondering if Schneider could make flyweight. Made it by over a pound.
It has to be himself because it's so damn obvious to everyone else. I get fighting at 170 in regional shows because there's no competition at 185, but he's in the big show now and could be contending for the title if he just moved up to middleweight. He's big enough and good enough.

Chidi is a mw posing as a WW. Dude has missed weight multiple times..

Rooting for koreshkov here..

Ward also missed smh

Edit: Ward vs Gonzalez was at a catchweight?, originally? Or did both miss weight?
Every article I've looked through announced it as a welterweight fight, so they must have come to a gentleman's agreement

Every article I've looked through announced it as a welterweight fight, so they must have come to a gentleman's agreement

Yeah, I already said it multiple times but Bellator's information policy is embarassing for the #2 promotion in the world. How do you get people to care about your promotion when they obviously don't give a fuck about their fans and neglect basic things.

Is atleast the bout order known or do we have to guess like in the past?

This is a good card, glad to see Lahat fighting.

The balls on Guillard to fight a MW like Chidi...

Bellator just loves having tons of catchweight fights. And again it's a massive prelim card with quite a few good fights, but we won't get to see several of them.

In Bellator meetings:

"Guys, how can we build up our prelim fighters into bigger stars?"
"Keep doing postlims/dark fights so that no one can see them fight"
"Great. Do it!"

Those results are a disaster. What was the Ward/Gonzalez fight scheduled at? 178? 177.5?

Word is, they're extending their prelims a half hour earlier to include one or two more on the broadcast.

This is crazy.

Two things Bellator does better than everyone in mma is catchweight fights and tape delay.

For my gamblers

Some good fights with 3 of them having close odds. Koreshkov is favored a bit more than I expected.

Screenshot_2017-08-24-17-49-26-1.png

When Colleen Schneider leaned out for flyweight
she must have shed some pounds since she was
a decent size bantamweight during her days at
Invicta.I can say that she did a good job making
weight since she weighed in at 123.75 lbs against
a possible limit of 126 lbs.

What's with the hate on catch weight fights? If the fighters agree to it and the promoter doesn't mind why not?

How does something like this play out with online betting? Do they cancel the bet or if the fight is still on does the bet stand?

Bellator just loves having tons of catchweight fights. And again it's a massive prelim card with quite a few good fights, but we won't get to see several of them.

In Bellator meetings:

"Guys, how can we build up our prelim fighters into bigger stars?"
"Keep doing postlims/dark fights so that no one can see them fight"
"Great. Do it!"

You've got to be Njok-ing. Fuck that guy...WAR KORESHKOV,,,

Don't they show these on Spike.com?

What's with the hate on catch weight fights? If the fighters agree to it and the promoter doesn't mind why not?

Catchweight fights are good for the fight still being on. Outside of that, it sets a bad precedent for the other fighters and is ultimately an unprofessional practice. To me it takes validity away from the match up - it's not a true 170 fight, can X fighter that won perform that well again (with a proper cut), should the result of the match up effect rankings of the scheduled weight? Etc

Bellator seemingly not caring enough about weightmaking is essentially undermining themselves as a top tier professional org (supposed #2 to the UFC). At least I believe so, I can't speak for others.

That being said, MMA from the promoter's perspective seems to be more about revenue and selling PPVs than anything else these days. As fans we kind of have to put up with that lol.

The Ward vs Gonzalez bout was set before hand as a 178 pound catchweight bout according to the interview I read last week. Ward actually made weight today, it was Gonzalez who missed by two pounds by stepping on the scale at 180.pounds.

Back