Bellator 180 - Sonnen vs Wanderlei - NYC

Sonnen will be roided to the eyeballs. Still hard to back him, the guy has issues with choking in fights, literally.

I like the main event a lot, that is some high level MMA, I'll give it that.
It's hard for me to back most of the guys on this card. It might as well be low level wmma you're betting on

man i like larkin here but was hoping for a better price. anyone convince me to swap sides?

man i like larkin here but was hoping for a better price. anyone convince me to swap sides?

Lima is bigger, has more power, grappling advantage.. tho I do NOT expect it to go to the ground.

Larkin is flashier and throws more volume.

It's gonna be close. Dog or pass at these odds for sure.

Sonnen/Wanderlei U1.5 -110 .5u

Bader +100 1u

Chandler -565 + Means -240 2u for 1.35u

That's likely it for me, if Sonnen or the Bader/Davis over gets closer to evens I'd play them as well.

Lima +170 yesterday lol, now +150 shit. I think Larkin's speed and footwork could cause problems to Lima but like EZFlyer said, Lima is bigger, more power and has the grappling edge.
Larkin is making his Bellator debut (I don't think it's going to be something negative but anyway....) and never fought a 5round fight IIRC. I'm not sure Larkin can go 5rounds with his fighting style.
On Lima definitely.

I like Mitrione -120 (I will bet the under 1.5 -190 too lol) and Wanderlei +125 for a 0.5u bet. Fading Emelianenko (shame on me) and Sonnen "The American Quitter"

I don't want to think about Bader vs Davis lol. Pass looks a wise choice.

sorry to be an idi-ass, but who's Kalikas?

Nick Kalikas is a mma oddsmaker from 5dimes who sets the betting lines in MMA fights. All the bookies uses his lines.

He has a mma web: mmaoddsbreaker

@Polarize

Good point about Larkin 5 rounds first time, etc. Lima fights at a measured lace and has been there

My play is Lima but I'm concerned with his low output and staying on the outside with Larkin too much.

Can someone explain to me why Wanderlei is the dog? His TDD has always been pretty good, and Chael will probably be shaking in his boots, looking for any way out if plan A fails. Yes, Wand has had a long layoff, but he is one of the hardest sparrers in the world, and this is a matchup where significant blunt force trauma to the head is unlikely.

Can someone explain to me why Wanderlei is the dog? His TDD has always been pretty good, and Chael will probably be shaking in his boots, looking for any way out if plan A fails. Yes, he's had a long layoff, but he is one of the hardest sparrers in the world, and this is a matchup where significant blunt force trauma to the head is unlikely.

Layoff for sure the primary reason. Out of the public eye, left Mma under ridiculous circumstances

Sonnen sells himself and makes himself much more relevant

We KNOW chael can hit a double leg on him, tho.. even in flip-flops!

Larkin is the more active fighter, and he has desvastating leg kicks.
Do you guys think that Lima is the better fighter, or do you all count on Larkin gassing because it's a 5 rounds fight?

Btw, Am I the only one that didn't know that Douglas Lima and Dhiego Lima are brothers? Lol

Do you guys think that Lima is the better fighter, or do you all count on Larkin gassing because it's a 5 rounds fight?

Btw, Am I the only one that didn't know that Douglas Lima and Dhiego Lima are brothers? Lol

I think you can make a pretty strong argument that Lima is equal or better fighter, especially on a skill for skill basis. He's without a doubt the better grappler. I'd say he has better hands than Larkin too. Kicks you have to give to Larkin, but Lima can kick as well. Stylistically, I think this fight is pretty close to 50/50 or very slight edge to either side at best.

Wouldn't be shocked at all if Larkin finishes Lima within 3.

hehe probably.. i just hope people don't think dhiego = douglas or something.. doug has been far more advanced in mma for a while

dhiego speaks WAAAAAY better english, tho, hehe.

and have you seen douglas' leg kicks?

hehe probably.. i just hope people don't think dhiego = douglas or something.. doug has been far more advanced in mma for a while

dhiego speaks WAAAAAY better english, tho, hehe.

and have you seen douglas' leg kicks?

Yeah, ofc I've seen his leg kicks, but he doesn't use them as ofter as Larkin, and I feel that Larkin's are a bit more powerful.(Those oblique kicks against Magny, holy shit)
Douglas hurt Andrey K. in his last fight with leg kicks, but he was on his way to losing a decision until Andrey tried to finish him and got himself knocked out.
I wanted Larkin as the dog, but at the current odds, I feel like Douglas is the right play. On paper, it's going to be a close fight.

i agree, this is a close one. as such i really like lima's price!

but i would also take larkin if he was +150, hehe.

Back