Bellator 180: Aaron Pico vs. Zach Freeman PBP (Discussion)

haha now Schaub and Goldie are trying to claim Freeman is a huge LW and was too big hahahahhaha. Bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!! excuses. Pico was hyped crazily for never even having a MMA fight in his life, take your hype and flush it down the toilet where the sun don't shine

To be fair I knew nothing about either guy but they looked 2 weight classes apart

Will lol if Ayala flattens Roy like he did Sergei

0-0 matched up against 8-2.

I know they was hyping him up big time but now in hindsight jeesusss way to throw this kid to the wolves.

Jordon Breen tweeting out that even DC was "trash" in his first 3 fights...yet he won every one of those by (T)KO and never lost until he fought Jon Jones
I dont even think DC lost a single round until JBJ fight. Maybe the 5th against Barnett.

But yes... DC was a grown man going into MMA. And Pico was poorly matched.

Usually they put an overweight bum against these kind of prospects (see Spong short career). Freeman had a 8-2 record and was way bigger than Pico.

Bellator matchmaker is going to get fired LOL

Wow.

I was buying into the hype.

Gotta wonder why Bellator didnt build him like Fortune and Ruth, slowly giving him bums to beat up on.
Is how it should be done.

They done fucked up. He has the tools but needs to come down a notch - both his ego and Bellator's ego.

needs to feast on 2-3 cans and fight on the prelims.

CM Punk lasted much longer than Pico

Punk > Pico

Freeman is 9-2, too hard of a fight for your 1st

Yes. but sherdog is not going to see that.

I see it. It was a rookie mistake, which is why they should have booked him against someone with similar experience. I could understand if they gave pico someone with say, 5 pro fights at most, but a guy who has 10 mma fights with a winning record? It was just silly management.

I don't get it. This dude didn't even win anything in wrestling, he didn't even qualify for the Olympics. And his achievements in boxing are like winning a few pretty minor amateur events. And some local Pankration stuff.

Where did the hype come from?

Pico has a glass chin, mma is not for him.

What would have been awesome is if Freeman has said,"that uppercut was for you Sherdog. Filled the damn room with uppercuts"

Everyone loses, in a few years this kid could be 10-1 and a contender but right now his hype is dead.

He can get it back in time but the sell here was the hype, that he was the greatest prospect and gonna be the face of mma.

Gonna take a long time to get that back.

Bellator has been known to take it really slow with guys, maybe too slow but in this case they were too aggressive with him.

Should have given him a nobody making their debut with 0 fights. Pico could have come out of this fight with a finish in first round looking like the hype is real.

The headlines would all be positive and you build him up like Ruth/Fortune.

Not the same cause CM Punk wasnt the future but UFC did the same thing with him. Instead of giving him a real prospect like Gall they could have given him a total nub that Punk could have beaten. Not that Punk would have went on a run of being a top guy but the spin coming out of that PPV could have been Punk wins, whats next.

So matching guys up is key.

Back