Bellator 179 - MacDonald vs Daley - London

McGeary's overrated ground game exposed similar to Yair's. Loved seeing that ground domination.

McGeary's overrated ground game exposed similar to Yair's. Loved seeing that ground domination.
His interview on MMAOB put it over the top for me and made me add more to Linton. He talks about the Davis fight and said "he wasn't himself", and then he talks about beating Brett McDermott and all of a sudden he was himself again. Lmao. Liam gets dominated by a legit vet, but he beats a journeyman who took the fight at the last minute and still managed to drop him, and after winning it he declares "he's back".

And he completely discounted Linton's size and boasted he didn't need to cut much weight. Unless you're a great wrestler like Frankie, you can't get away with facing a guy that's way bigger than you. This isn't 1993.

Very weird fight between Daley and Rory. It looked like your average roll between a purple and blue belt (Daley's guard actually looked decent in the first). This was the least explosive Daley ever. Very muscled punches. No answer to the single.

Giving up hope on props.

Vassell +204 1u

Kongo -210 2u

Rory + Kongo + Torres .5u for 1u

I was lucky to get the Torres -185 opener, maxed it to win 250

Vassell +204 1u

Kongo -210 2u

Rory + Kongo + Torres .5u for 1u

Wow, fuckin Bellator eh? Won an extra 250 on Torres, great night

Bella 179 Net: -153.50
daley +295: 50 for 147.50 / O2.5: 160 for 100
vassell +171: 150 for 256.50 / O2.5: 150 for 150
sakai +240: 30 for 72 / U1.5: 20 for 48

---
just wow. two. seconds.

as soon as he started setting up the choke, with like 7 seconds left.. i started muttering "no no no no no no no...." and then "oh COME ON!" when mcgeary taps before it even gets to side control and two seconds away from O2.5 covering.

this should've been a profitable event, even w/a couple bad bets -- and yea, i'm saying it: bad bets. yea, sakai lost a split for my 0.3u play, but he lost rd 2 and 3, period. and daley looked like a +600 dog. it wasn't even competitive. rory was *amazing*

i should've made a bigger profit on vassell, man. i wouldn't be complaining about that if he tapped him two seconds later... brutal swing.

$500 2 team parlay on Kongo and Rory paid $400

Was really thinking of putting another 500 on kongo/sakai over 1.5 @ -140 for $357 return but decided to practice some restraint. Oh well. So +$400 for the night

Glad to practice, hone the blade, and fatten thy bankroll.

I went down to this, pretty poor show (only saw the last 5 fights). Not that I really care but how one judge scored that fight to Sakai is beyond me.

As did I, got there about 7:30pm so no idea what time the prelims started and finished.
Kongo/Sakai was so bad my buddy legit fell asleep.
Won Rory/Kongo 5u for 5.5u
Won Vassell 1u for 1.25u
Loss Kongo o1.5/Rory Dec 1u
Loss DJ Griffin 0.5u

Glad I kept it simple in the main and co-main events for a winning Bellator card.

Bellator 179 Results

Rory MacDonald (-215) vs Paul Daley $537.50 for $250.00= $250.00
Linton Vassell (+170) vs Liam McGeary $100.00 for $170.00= $170.00

Parlay:
Cheick Kongo/Augusto Sakai starts round 2 (-294) + Rory MacDonald/Paul Daley starts round 3 (-169) ~$97.50 for ~$110.18= -~$97.50
-----
Total Profit= $322.50

2u Vassel
3u Rory+Kongo+Torres

Feel pretty dirty about being heavy on a treble, but think all have great matchups and are a level above their opponents. Bellator keeps sucking me in, please no rampage/king mo shit show!

Great night of Bellator for me. Hopefully they keep building up their roster so we can continue getting some decent fights to cap going forward.

Gone 0.5u on Rory + Kongo/Sakai O1.5 + Chelsea + Stade Francais (won). Wasn't keen on the prices so added the last two to beef the payout to near 2 to 1. Bit degen but there you go.
Well Chelsea made me sweat for an hour but that's me 0.916u richer. I'll take it.

Back