Bellator 179 Averages 607k Viewers

Event was tape delayed and they went against NBA playoffs but thats still not a good number.

What else can u expect for a tape delayed event?

When comparing the numbers, one will see that all the lower rated events are the international events. Logical imo

How many viewers did they get in England where it was live?

Event was tape delayed and they went against NBA playoffs but thats still not a good number.
Considering the facts you just posted that's a good number. Tape delay fucked so many people out of seeing it and NBA playoffs have half the world pre cumming in their drawers

And do these numbers count just in America or all of North America

As low as that number is, it's still the second best rating for an international Bellator card. Only Bellator 169 (Mo vs. Ishii) did better, wtih 643k viewers.

How many viewers did they get in England where it was live?
This is the real question. Reporters were also asking about the gate. Coker said that the show was around 80-90% capacity

They really need to quit this tape delay nonsense, its so confusing for many people who want to watch it. I only got in at the end of the Kongo fight. They don't make it clear enough on the start times

Wow, Rory MacDonalds Bellator debut averaged less viewers than Strauss/Pitbull 4?? Really shows you how much the tape delays hurt. Spike/Viacom need to get their asses in gear and solve this problem. They want to sign the biggest names in MMA, but tape delay an event like this. We all knew that Rory won hours before the tape aired in the US, which is ridiculous. People will find the highlights on Instagram instead of watching on TV.

We all knew that Rory won hours before the tape aired in the US, which is ridiculous. People will find the highlights on Instagram instead of watching on TV.

Undoubtedly what you are saying is true. But I can't figure out why its true.

For a free fight like Rory/Daley I will gladly avoid twitter/facebook for a few hours. Do these same people read movie spoilers ahead of time?

Don't get me wrong if the headliner is weak I won't go out of my way to avoid it, but when its weak its not hard to avoid.

Last edited:
They really need to quit this tape delay nonsense, its so confusing for many people who want to watch it. I only got in at the end of the Kongo fight. They don't make it clear enough on the start times

We all knew that Rory won hours before the tape aired in the US, which is ridiculous. People will find the highlights on Instagram instead of watching on TV.

they don't want people to know it's tape delayed. only hardcore mma fans will find out about it on social media. the people who matter will see it on tv and guess it's live.

Looks like a decent number for overseas event

Wow, Rory MacDonalds Bellator debut averaged less viewers than Strauss/Pitbull 4?? Really shows you how much the tape delays hurt. Spike/Viacom need to get their asses in gear and solve this problem. They want to sign the biggest names in MMA, but tape delay an event like this. We all knew that Rory won hours before the tape aired in the US, which is ridiculous. People will find the highlights on Instagram instead of watching on TV.

Who do you actually expect to be home on a Friday or Saturday afternoon to watch Bellator? I can tell you how many actually would: nobody. The only live event they tried like that did worse than Might Mouse ppv numbers.

That's great numbers considering it was tape delayed and was going against playoff games other channels.

Doing it live would've tanked hard.

The only people bitching about it not being live are very die hard fans and your going to watch that shit no matter when it is on. Joe Blow/Fringe fan turned his TV on at his local time his cable company told him it was on and enjoyed it.

P.S.: Anyone think maybe Rory isn't that big of a needle mover??? The UFC has been brilliant at letting guys walk that have name value, cost money, kind of ran there way through the division, and don't move the needle. It's a salary anchor wrapped in a pretty bow for there competition and they been doing it for about the last 10 years with just about a perfect record.

Back