Bellator 179’s Michael ‘Venom’ Page could soon become hottest free agent in MMA

TheHNICuLuv2Hate

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Whether or not he bolts to UFC — or any other promotion -- is uncertain.

“I honestly don’t know,” Page told Jim Edwards of Champions.co (via Bloody Elbow). “Obviously, it’s a tough decision and position to be in. I’ve talked to all my loved ones, and it’s difficult, man. Everyone has their different views and stuff. When the time comes, I’ll really look into making that decision. For the minute, Bellator is home, and I’m just going to get on with it. I’m going to focus on Derek Anderson and nothing else.”

“I believe I’ve just got two more. I got this one [against Anderson] and then another one. Then, we will see. We will see what happens, man. I could well be a free agent. I have to keep my focus, though. I can’t look ahead, because if I were to lose this fight badly, then that changes things in a big way. I just have to do what I do best and put people away and entertain at the same time.”

Any of you care to see Page test his skills against the best UFC has to offer? Or do you expect Scott Coker and Co. to lock up one of the their youngest and brightest stars?

http://www.mmamania.com/2017/4/26/1...-could-soon-become-mma-hottest-free-agent-mma

If that is the case, not sure if Bellator feeds him another chump just to keep him from blowing up to big with a win. Or if they toss him in there with stiff comp if he hasn't renegotiated.

If that is the case, not sure if Bellator feeds him another chump just to keep him from blowing up to big with a win. Or if they toss him in there with stiff comp if he hasn't renegotiated.

I don't think MVP want to come to the UFC. There'll be no dancing around and KOing mediocre opponents there. I'd like to see him fight Rory as his final match though.

Let's not kid ourselves, he's going to stay in Bellator

I figure Bellator has to want to get his contract extended before his last fight. If he plays too hard of ball, give him a hard fight.

I figure Bellator has to want to get his contract extended before his last fight. If he plays too hard of ball, give him a hard fight.
Theyre gonna have the rights to match others´offer, no-brainer

If he signs before his next fight he'll get another mid level guy so he can win and get a title shot.

If he says no maybe they give him Koreshkov if they want to really test him or devalue his stock going into free agency.

I think he stays with Bellator. Dont think UFC is gonna give him a big contract that Bellator cant match. Not when MVP hasnt fought anyone. Dont see them overpaying for someone who could come in and lose to someone like Usman in his debut.

He's untested. Now if he had beaten Daley, Rory, Lima, Koreshkov, Larkin, some of them and proved he's a top WW I think UFC would make a big offer for him.

But as of now I think UFC could offer him an ok deal that Bellator would match.

Perry would send him to sleep

Perry would send him to sleep

This is how MMA fans see you Platinum Nation morons

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Interesting to see what happens with MVP. Interesting to see what happens when the pendulum swings the opposite way.

Fair chance he stays in Bellator imo though. Ufc isn't even trying to pay for their own guys; don't see them throwing huge numbers at MVP. Also, Bellator seems to want to retain its European talent, as they continue to return to London.

I say he stays with Bellator.

good luck with that 20k/20k ufc contract

MLbWXGi.jpg

Back