Bellator 178: Straus vs. Pitbull 4 (7pm ET Prelims - 9pm Main Card) Fri. April 21st Discussion

That's probably the direction they are going but I wish we could see Pitbull vs Dantas instead. Either Pitbull goes down or Dantas moves up.

I'd be down for that, Pitbull is def better off going down than up. But way Chandler has looked and the history they have its a bigger fight.

That's probably the direction they are going but I wish we could see Pitbull vs Dantas instead. Either Pitbull goes down or Dantas moves up.
I feel that Dantas wouldn't provide the exciting fight that Pitbull vs Chandler would deliver. Also, the story behind Chandler and Pitbull is there.

Chandler cleared his division and Pitbull has already beat Weichel and Curran. Dantas still has Caldwell to deal with.

It's sad that Artem will get more attention than Pitbull this weekend.

His "sub-par" submission defense was tested in his last fight with Pitbull and he defended it. He gets subbed by Curran and Pitbull and now he has "subpar" submisson defense?

You got me on that one.

Forgot he survived having his back taken in their last fight.

That was kinda predictable imo, Straus' submission defense has never been the best, and Pitbull has used his BJJ more in recent times. Weichel fight is going tl be interesting though, those two are very even, it really could go either way.

I'd be down for that, Pitbull is def better off going down than up. But way Chandler has looked and the history they have its a bigger fight.
I think if they do that fight it's gonna be next for Pitbull. Weichel gets screwed again.

What a bizarre series between these 2. After last fight i was sure Straus had pitbull figured out.

Bellator needs more depth though. Every time. 145 pound fight ends we are right into another rematch. Weichel should have faced Straus first in all reality. Instead now we get this order and get another rematch instead.

I think if they do that fight it's gonna be next for Pitbull. Weichel gets screwed again.

As much as I favor Weichel getting a shot at the title. I feel like Chandler vs Patricio is going to be the fight to make and the one I'm more anxious to see. It's a big fight and they have a history

Bellator needs more depth though. Every time. 145 pound fight ends we are right into another rematch. Weichel should have faced Straus first in all reality. Instead now we get this order and get another rematch instead.
I wouldnt be surprised if they did Chandler vs Patricio next and Straus vs Weichel for #1 contender

Pitbull is a beast! One of the best FWs in the world regardless of promotions.

Don't forget sherdoggers, Pitbull (a natural 135/145, while being outsized) was HANDLING the former LW champ Benson Henderson before the freak leg injury. War Pitbull!

Pitbull is a beast! One of the best FWs in the world regardless of promotions.

Don't forget sherdoggers, Pitbull (a natural 135/145, while being outsized) was HANDLING the former LW champ Benson Henderson before the freak leg injury. War Pitbull!
I was so gutted when that injury happened. That would have been a great name on his record.

I wouldnt be surprised if they did Chandler vs Patricio next and Straus vs Weichel for #1 contender
No way. Pitbull Sr. beats Campos he would deserve the next shot after that JT win.

Do the Pitbull vs Weichel fight in the mean time. And if Chandler beats Pitbull Sr. again than you set it up.

No way. Pitbull Sr. beats Campos he would deserve the next shot after that JT win.

Do the Pitbull vs Weichel fight in the mean time. And if Chandler beats Pitbull Sr. again than you set it up.

I dont think they would pass up a Champ vs Champ fight for Chandler-Patricky 3. Especially when Patricio moved up and fought Bendo specifically to get to Chandler and there's bad blood. But we'll see what they do..

btw Patricky is the younger Pitbull bro

I dont think they would pass up a Champ vs Champ fight for Chandler-Patricky 3. Especially when Patricio moved up and fought Bendo specifically to get to Chandler and there's bad blood. But we'll see what they do..

btw Patricky is the younger Pitbull bro
Best fact check that last statement. You talking to the man who made Patricky's wiki page playboy.

Patricky lost to Chandler twice, I don't think Bellator would set that fight up for awhile.

Do:
Patricky/Campos winner vs Adam Piccolotti *LW title eliminator*
Daniel Weichel vs Daniel Straus *FW title eliminator*
Michael Chandler vs Patricio Pitbull *champion vs champion bout*

Once Patricio suggests he fights Chandler, Coker and friends will see the money signs.

Patricky lost to Chandler twice, I don't think Bellator would set that fight up for awhile.

Do:
Patricky/Campos winner vs Adam Piccolotti *LW title eliminator*
Daniel Weichel vs Daniel Straus *FW title eliminator*
Michael Chandler vs Patricio Pitbull *champion vs champion bout*

Once Patricio suggests he fights Chandler, Coker and friends will see the money signs.
Straus facing Pitbull a third time did not make sense either. And in reality if Patricky beats Campos there would not be a more deserving guy on the roster.

Plus you got to remember they are brothers. If Patricky wins he will call for the belt. Don't think little bro will take this from him.

Obviously Weichel and Pitbull is next. Patricky has to win. Same with Chandler so lots can change.

Best fact check that last statement. You talking to the man who made Patricky's wiki page playboy.
ah i guess youre right. I always remembered it being the opposite of what I first perceived..

ah i guess youre right. I always remembered it being the opposite of what I first perceived..
You made me look cause I swore it wasn't the case.

But the fact we are all talking about Pitbull Jr. fighting Chandler. And really not having any better option on the table just shows how weak 155 is in Bellator.

That is the division they need to look at. Should go get Joe Duffy.

The amount of Patricky/Campos/Girtz/Andersom rematches is alarming.

Back