Bellator 178: Straus vs. Pitbull 4 (7pm ET Prelims - 9pm Main Card) Fri. April 21st Discussion

shonuf

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Friday 04.21.2017 at 09:00 PM ET
U.S. Broadcast: Spike TV | Prelims: Spike.com
Promotion: Bellator MMA
Ownership: Bellator Sport Worldwide, LLC
Venue: Mohegan Sun Arena
Enclosure: Cage
TV Announcers: Sean Grande, Jimmy Smith
Ring Announcer: Michael C. Williams
Post-Fight Interviews: Jimmy Smith
Number of MMA Bouts: 15

Bellator_178_Straus_vs._Pitbull_4_Poster.png

Main Card: (Spike TV-9pm ET)

145lbs- Daniel Straus(24-6) vs. Patricio Freire (25-4)
{featherweight title}

125lbs- Ilima MacFarlane (5 -0) vs. Jessica Middleton(2 -0)

145lbs- Dominic Mazzotta (11-1) vs. A.J. McKee(7-0)

155lbs-
Saad Awad (19 -9) vs. Ryan Quinn (13- 6-1)

Prelims: ( 7:00PM ET) http://bellator.spike.com/live
165 lbs - Nick Alley vs. Kastriot Xhema
150 lbs- Mak Kelleher vs. Don Shainis
135lbs- R. Carvalho vs. Jay Perrin
165 lbs - Kemran Lachinov vs. Sam Watford
125lbs- John Lopez vs. Remo Cardarelli
145 lbs - Shane Manley vs. Chris Foster
145lbs- Blair Tugman vs. Tom English
195 lbs - Jordan Young vs. Tim Caron
185 lbs - Ed Ruth vs. David Mundell
265 lbs- Tyrell Fortune vs. Branko Busick
125lbs- Billy Giovanella vs. Josh Ricci

1262.png

Weigh In Results

CANCELLED & FIZZLED BOUTS
CANCELLED145 lbsMike Mangan vs. Don Shainis
CANCELLED185 lbsEd Ruth vs. Aaron Goodwine​

Last edited:
Pretty excited for this card. I will be streaming the prelims too like a sucker just because I want to watch Ruth and Fortune.

Weigh-ins streaming live at 5p.m. eastern time today on the video posted here.

Even though this has been discussed. Weichel Should be fighting damnit!! But now with his last win over Macapa he is for sure.... A forth fight is another back and forth battle no doubt, I want Straus too take it excited too see!

I'll be at this. Wish there was a way to DVR the prelims but they aren't on TV.

Anybody have a more creative idea than just streaming on my phone while eating dinner/ watching Bruins?

I like the main event and the McKee/ mazzotta fight. Woman's fight is ok. Awad bangs win or lose so I'm hoping for a decent fight.

Serious shit though. I like those McKee/mazzotta odds. I actually have McKee being upset. Putting money On mazzotta wouldn't be stupid money lmo.

I like the main event and the McKee/ mazzotta fight. Woman's fight is ok. Awad bangs win or lose so I'm hoping for a decent fight.

Serious shit though. I like those McKee/mazzotta odds. I actually have McKee being upset. Putting money On mazzotta wouldn't be stupid money lmo.

is he that good?
I've never seen him TBH

Main event will be good of course. Ruth or Fortune should be on the main card of the women's fight. Either of them are more important than the women but whatever. I'd really like to see Fortune.

Main event will be good of course. Ruth or Fortune should be on the main card of the women's fight. Either of them are more important than the women but whatever. I'd really like to see Fortune.

I'm hoping they put them on the prelims just in case they look bad. If they look good they better find a way to squeeze at least one of them onto the main card with a replay.

Straus vs Weichel is such a great stylistic match-up, I just want to see that. Another Straus vs Pitbull fight won't be bad but I'm hoping Straus picks up the win without getting injured.

Pitbull winning means a yuge possibility of a fifth fight happening. Fuck that. Let Weichel, Sanchez, and Curran get their turns already.

is he that good?
I've never seen him TBH
I'm not trying to say he's the next big thing, but he has shown solid skill. He is tested. Has competent stand up, and solid wrestling. His lone loss is to the current UFC Bantamweight champ.

Not saying it's a sure thing, but he might surprise some people tomorrow.

I'm hoping they put them on the prelims just in case they look bad. If they look good they better find a way to squeeze at least one of them onto the main card with a replay.
I think that's Coker's logic. We all know these guys are green. Fair possibility that something could go wrong. Having them on the pelims ensures that there are minimal eyes on them if they have a hiccup and lose. If they win however, there is a possibility of their fights being squeezed into the live broadcast. Makes sense to me.

No two fighters should ever fight four times. What a waste of time and body.

This story about McKee was interesting.

http://mmajunkie.com/?p=243832

“I just got bored, man,” McKee said. “I’ve been doing it my whole life, so being in the gym is just like, ‘Oh, another day at the gym.’ It’s not like, ‘Let’s go work out. Yeah! We’re going to the gym. We’re a bout to go spar.’ I was just like, ‘Oh, today’s sparring day.’ I was just kind of saying getting comfortable – getting a little too comfortable.

“These last couple of fights, I’ve just been going at it,” McKee said. “I don’t know. I’ve been not being myself, really – just getting tired of being in there and then just kind of coming out and going in there and just doing what I have to do. Now, I’m back on the grind and just really, really putting that 100-percent effort back in on the two- and three-a-day workouts. I’m getting back on my grind.

Terrible card! Main Event is good, but it is the 4th time they have gotten in the cage together so it is getting a bit old. The rest of the card sucks!
McKee Vs another body, the womans fight is ok and Saad fighting a no body

Terrible card! Main Event is good, but it is the 4th time they have gotten in the cage together so it is getting a bit old. The rest of the card sucks!
McKee Vs another body, the womans fight is ok and Saad fighting a no body

If Vegas has the odds for Saad as less than -300 to bet on him he isn't really fighting a nobody in terms of ability. You just don't know him.

Back