Bellator 172 averaged 807k viewers

Doesnt look like Fedor or Meathead pay info were released by CSAC.

Are these new episodes ? I don't understand how Bellator is staying afloat, filming/editing an episode of cops has got to be fuck loads cheaper than hosting a Bellator event.

I find it amusing that people are shocked by the ratings of Cops. It's one of the longest running shows on TV for a reason, and yes, new episodes are still being made.

I find it amusing that people are shocked by the ratings of Cops. It's one of the longest running shows on TV for a reason, and yes, new episodes are still being made.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Cops has been in the air for like 25 years. New episodes are still being produced. They get solid ratings year after year.

Cops is a ratings powerhouse for Spike.

Are these new episodes ? I don't understand how Bellator is staying afloat, filming/editing an episode of cops has got to be fuck loads cheaper than hosting a Bellator event.

You have to look at the bigger picture. Cops gets higher ratings than Bellator, but how much money can they really make off a show like cops Aside from commercials? They can't slap sponsors on the officers. They aren't making money off any gate. They can't find exclusive sponsors like Miller lite and Dave and busters. It is essentially just on air ads. Also, cops can't be shown around the world like Bellator can. Bellator has around 140 tv deals worldwide. I will bet my paycheck that can't happen with cops. Cops is solid filler for spike in America, but the profitability ceiling with cops is very very low as opposed to the potentially profitability of an entity that can be shown around the globe, one that has multiple revenue streams.

I would have rather watched COPS than that last Bellator card.

a lot of people didn't know that fedor wasn't fighting so they tuned in probably thinking the fight was still on and maybestayed to watch the fights. good number regardless

Just put Fedor a policeman suit and you'll have the 2M audience

You have to look at the bigger picture. Cops gets higher ratings than Bellator, but how much money can they really make off a show like cops Aside from commercials? They can't slap sponsors on the officers. They aren't making money off any gate. They can't find exclusive sponsors like Miller lite and Dave and busters. It is essentially just on air ads. Also, cops can't be shown around the world like Bellator can. Bellator has around 140 tv deals worldwide. I will bet my paycheck that can't happen with cops. Cops is solid filler for spike in America, but the profitability ceiling with cops is very very low as opposed to the potentially profitability of an entity that can be shown around the globe, one that has multiple revenue streams.

Very good post.

Uh Cops has aired in Sweden non-stop for like 15 years

Uh Cops has aired in Sweden non-stop for like 15 years
Couple questions and statements. Is it Swedish "cops" or American "cops"

How many worldwide tv deals do you honestly think Viacom can get with cops?

What do you think has higher potential profitability all things considered?

Statement: Viacom doesn't own cops. They purchase the content to air in their network.

Couple questions and statements. Is it Swedish "cops" or American "cops"

How many worldwide tv deals do you honestly think Viacom can get with cops?

What do you think has higher potential profitability all things considered?

Statement: Viacom doesn't own cops. They purchase the content to air in their network.

American cops. I dont know for sure how many other european countries air it but I reckon a lot. No company airs Bellator to my knowledge. No idea which one is more profitable, but the I at least believe the argument about Bellator having more worldwide spread is false

American cops. I dont know for sure how many other european countries air it but I reckon a lot. No company airs Bellator to my knowledge. No idea which one is more profitable, but the I at least believe the argument about Bellator having more worldwide spread is false

We can agree to disagree, but Coker said himself that Bellator has 145 tv deals world wide. High highly doubt Viacom is seeing that many tv deals due to cops. Might be a handful of countries, but my money says nothing close to 145

Back