Bellator 172 averaged 807k viewers

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Looks like a good 300k viewers were duped into thinking Fedor fight was gonna be on

Solid numbers, a lot could probably be contributed to fedor though. (I seriously doubt 2 million would've tuned in like bellator wanted)

Still amazing to me that reruns of Cops blows Bellator out of the water a lot of times

So far 2017 has a better average rating than 2016. Let's see if Bellator can build on that.

Solid numbers. Peak should be around 1m-1.1m

There wills be a drop off this week for sure though

Gate for this event was solid for Bellator

1.2m. Solid numbers all things considered.

Gate for this event was solid for Bellator

1.2m. Solid numbers all things considered.

Doesnt look like real gate number has been released, thats bullshit wiki numbers.

Doesnt look like real gate number has been released, thats bullshit wiki numbers.

I was always wary of wiki numbers, but now disregard them all together after Goodman said they are bullshit

This number is coming from Luke Thomas(unless he took wiki numbers)

Anyone know what the UFC Halifax card did on Sunday in terms of TV views?

I mean considering Fedor got pulled off. And botb UFC and Bellator were up against All Star weekend and Walking Dead in UFC's case. They both did pretty well.

But with the refunds and how much they spent advertising. Bellator had to have lost a boat load on this show.

For what the show ended up being thats a good number, not sure how good it is with money they spent on production and promoting the show.

Plus wonder what Fedors pay situation is, sure he's gonna want something even though he didnt fight and if you are Bellator it wouldnt be smart to get into a beef over this when he hasnt fought yet.

Wonder how much better they would have done if he fought, fight did fall off day of so its not like many people knew it so not sure the card would have averaged all that much more if he did fight.

Maybe fighting someone else or in a few months in spring on a weekend with no competition they will do better than they would have this weekend.

I was always wary of wiki numbers, but now disregard them all together after Goodman said they are bullshit

This number is coming from Luke Thomas(unless he took wiki numbers)

Maybe that is correct, maybe Luke heard from promotion or something, just doesnt appear commission has released it publicly yet.

Ouch(mainly because of what it tells us)...........Problem here is that fight was cancelled so late that I'm willing to bet a majority of die hard fans didn't know till they sat down to watch or checked a news site at 7PM or whatever. If I already committed in my mind to watch chances are I'm watching regardless. Sure some probably turned it off but I bet a majority stuck with it. I doubt by any means half the audience left because of no Fedor.

I think it tells you that card at best might of avg. 1.1 to 1.2 and maybe peak at 1.6 or 1.7 so. I have to believe behind the scenes they where hoping for more. Coker stated 2.0 and I doubt that came out of thin air. To do over 2.0 that means your avg. better be around 1.5 to 1.6 and they where half of that.

P.S.: As usual kind of sad Cops out does you again.

If they make more than 700k this Friday..... It will be a really good thing for Bellator....

If they make more than 700k this Friday..... It will be a really good thing for Bellator....
I think their last 2 tape delayed shows did better than 700k. At least the Israel or Italy card did, IIRC.

For what the show ended up being thats a good number, not sure how good it is with money they spent on production and promoting the show.

Plus wonder what Fedors pay situation is, sure he's gonna want something even though he didnt fight and if you are Bellator it wouldnt be smart to get into a beef over this when he hasnt fought yet.

Wonder how much better they would have done if he fought, fight did fall off day of so its not like many people knew it so not sure the card would have averaged all that much more if he did fight.

Maybe fighting someone else or in a few months in spring on a weekend with no competition they will do better than they would have this weekend.
Since he made weight I assume they had to pay him his show money at least

Chael Sonnen said California AC requires any fighter that weighs in gets paid.

Back