Bellator 171 Averages 720k Viewers

Thats a great number for that card. Week after a big tentpole event gives next card a nice boost.

That card on a different week does 550k max. Blew away cards with Bendo/Chandler and Davis/Liam.

They will do the same week after Fedor/Meathead with a tape delayed card headlined by Liam/Fields which is weak but should do well.

For that bad of a show. Aint bad at all. Was one of their worst.

Thats a great number for that card. Week after a big tentpole event gives next card a nice boost.

That card on a different week does 550k max. Blew away cards with Bendo/Chandler and Davis/Liam.

They will do the same week after Fedor/Meathead with a tape delayed card headlined by Liam/Fields which is weak but should do well.

That's what I was about to say.

This card had nonthing. It was less than stellar even by Bellator standards, yet it still did better numbers than solid Bellator cards like chandler vs bendo and such. Floyd also reported that this event sold out.

All things considered, this should be pleasing for spike.

You'd think Bellator would take advantage of the spike in ratings after a big event and put on a better card than that crap we just witnessed.

You'd think Bellator would take advantage of the spike in ratings after a big event and put on a better card than that crap we just witnessed.

Put on a good card which could boost it to a million viewers instead of a shitty card.

But maybe they feel they are gonna do their big events, then their decent events but they have to do some shitty events cause of their roster. So you take the shittiest event and put it after a big event and instead of doing 500k you do 720k and its a successful show.

Damn good rating for that card. Unfortunate the event was pretty lack luster overall.

Makes you wonder what kind of numbers they would do if they consistently put out better cards

Makes you wonder what kind of numbers they would do if they consistently put out better cards

IMO, basically the same
I think they numbers are more related to "what else is on TV this night?"

I really just don't understand bellator. They hardly promote their shows, and when they have a major show like Chael vs Tito they follow it up with a shit show.

Why the hell didn't they stack both cards? Some of the views tend to follow over to the follow up show, so why not stack the follow up to a tentpole? Are they retarded or do they just not care? lol

I really just don't understand bellator. They hardly promote their shows, and when they have a major show like Chael vs Tito they follow it up with a shit show.

Why the hell didn't they stack both cards? Some of the views tend to follow over to the follow up show, so why not stack the follow up to a tentpole? Are they retarded or do they just not care? lol

It's a good question. Current system has ran its course and the proof is in the overall ratings.

Coker has always ran his orgs very disorganized when it comes to using the roster.

To me they have proving they can pull decent ratings with the right guys. I just really think they need to concentrate on 6 to 8 shows a year and fill another 8 shows as more or less like old Strikeforce challenger cards. Basically up and comers and maybe head line by someone with a little name/draw value. But more or less use the card to promote the big tent pole event the following week. The 8 big events should always have at least one if not two title fights on them. Ex UFC guys for sure on it.

To me that would grow the ratings and get the avg. ratings up much higher and allow Spike to collect more advertising dollars which can then be used to bring in more quality fighters on the level of the Rory's and Phil Davis's of the world.

They just don't have enough name fighters to do this, that's why most of their events are so freaking shallow.

Bader will be a good signing skill wise, but is he really going to draw an audience?

Good rating for that card. The Sonnen/Tito fight carried their ratings over to this show.

Back