Venue: Mohegan Sun Arena
11-4-16

BFC Light Heavyweight Title:

Liam McGeary +185
Phil Davis -265

Over 2.5 -190
Under 2.5 +150

Might play davis with someone from ufc card

I sure hope this is just the early main card line and we get more lines other than just that for this card. Not sure if I made a good or bad prediction on line movement yet, but 2u on McGeary at +185 for me as I think he'll get bet. I know he's coming off a knee injury and layoff, but he's dangerous on the feet and even from guard and I don't think Davis should be that big of a favorite. Wouldn't be shocked to see one of you guys say, "Hell no, Davis is gonna wrestle hump him, it should be -300"!

They also released these for upcoming events:

Bellator 165 - Lightweight 5 rounds - SAP Center - San Jose, California - SpikeTV
Sat 11/19 5001 Benson Henderson +125 o3½ -175
11:30PM 5002 Michael Chandler -165 u3½ +135

Bellator 170 - Light Heavyweight 3 rounds - Great Western Forum - Inglewood, Caliornia
Sat 1/21 3001 Chael Sonnen -155 o2½ -190
11:00PM 3002 Tito Ortiz +115 u2½ +150

It is weird seeing Benson as the dog but after his performance against Patricky I think the line is right and do favour Chandler.

liam mcgeary's lanky physique and high center of gravity will be a christmas gift for davis. i don't see mcgeary being able to stuff takedowns whatsoever (even though he's the better striker).

mceary is good off his back but davis is very solid from top position. mcgeary via sub is a possibility but i really like davis here. i think -210 is an acceptable price for a play.

Davis by decision or McGeary ITD seem to be the most likely outcomes.

I think there's value in Davis at these odds. I'll have to watch tape to see how Liam is on the feet, but I would be absolutely shocked if he submitted Davis. Davis has a great top game and McGeary's bottom game is overrated, imo. He had no idea how to finish a basic triangle and americana as recently as the Newton fight and I don't think he's any threat to Davis off his back.

i dont think liam's skills on the feet are going to matter, he's not going to be able to keep it there.

I think there's value in Davis at these odds. I'll have to watch tape to see how Liam is on the feet, but I would be absolutely shocked if he submitted Davis. Davis has a great top game and McGeary's bottom game is overrated, imo. He had no idea how to finish a basic triangle and americana as recently as the Newton fight and I don't think he's any threat to Davis off his back.
He does have good inverted triangles and armbars off his back though. Tito Ortiz, Kelly Anundson and several others learned that lesson.

He does have good inverted triangles and armbars off his back though. Tito Ortiz, Kelly Anundson and several others learned that lesson.

Theres levels and lets be honest liam has beaten no one near davis' level

Yeah, I don't think Tito was in it to win it last fight against McGreary. It was the perfect matchup for him, yet he taps instantly to an inverted triangle when he knows there's not much time left in the round. Even if McGreary has one of the best inverted triangles in the world, which maybe he does, there's still no way someone on Tito's level should be tapping that quickly unless he is looking for a way out.

All over Davis at -210. I don't see Liam being able to keep it standing and I fully expect any submission attempts to be easily nullified. Actually, I think there's a better chance of Davis winning by submission than McGeary locking something up.

All over Davis at -210. I don't see Liam being able to keep it standing and I fully expect any submission attempts to be easily nullified. Actually, I think there's a better chance of Davis winning by submission than McGeary locking something up.

Agree. Just watched the Newton fight. His tdd is terrible and Newton actually had some success on the mat especially in r5 when he seemed to work out how to avoid McGeary's triangle.

Davis -180 now? Christmas comes early if those odds become true for Me
:eek:

Back