Bellator 155: Carvalho vs. Manhoef 7pm et prelims/9pm et Main Card) Discussion Friday

Scorecards were fine. 1, 3 and 4 could've gone either way. Joke fight.

Lol at the outrage.

Not really I had 3, and 4 clearly for Melvin due to Carv not doing anything at all and Melvin being more effective everywhere, but I do agree with round 1.

This could have been the absolute highlight of Manhoef's career. They really fucked it up.

Maybe the guy should have pushed a little harder but people who have been watching Manhoef, should know how impressive it was that he managed to stay patient for that long at all.

Agreed. Melvin didn't go all out, but hey, if we're talking about that, how's about Carvalho nonchalantly ambling off at the end of several rounds, and moping about in the last minute like he didn't have anything to prove. Guess to those refs, his ironic detachment was enough to call a win. I don't remember the last time I blatantly disliked a fighter this much after a fight, and that's coming from someone who's predisposed to blindly cheer for any Brazilian fighter.

This cops episode is out of control. My god lol.

first 3 minutes of Cops was better than 3 hours of Bellator

I hate what Bellator has become.

I really thought Bellator could make a credible run @The UFC or at lest giving fighters another alternative but they've become more circus than the UFC...

Scorecards were fine. 1, 3 and 4 could've gone either way. Joke fight.

Lol at the outrage.
Shut up dumbass white belt. Sherdog and mmaslate scored it 50-46 melvin, 49-47 melvin, and wrestlign abserver scored it 49-48 melvin. Not a single media outlet or any sane person for that matter scored it for Carvahlo

so to recap. Dufresne looks skillful after missing weight, melvin gets robbed in one of the worst fights ever, the two HW fights both suck. Pat Curran wins but doesn't look back, and they bury held vs jansen on the prelims?

I haven't logged into Sherdog for years but this pile of rancid, exploding dogshit compelled me. That was the biggest debacle in the history of MMA.

Manhoef looked fucking terrible and still should have won 50-44. Bellator can suck it.

Not really I had 3, and 4 clearly for Melvin due to Carv not doing anything at all and Melvin being more effective everywhere, but I do agree with round 1.

Take downs are pretty noteworthy in rounds where literally nothing substantial happened.

I really thought Bellator could make a credible run @The UFC or at lest giving fighters another alternative but they've become more circus than the UFC...

I'm not sure I can blame Bellator... We will see how Coker responds. Could just be judges on the take, that is out of a companies control.

Haha Compustrike just pointed out on Twitter that all 3 judges gave Carvalho round 1 but he didn't land a single strike.

This. It's not a Hendricks/GSP level of robbery. Neither guy did jackshit the whole fight.
Problem is Carvalho didn't do anything outside of takedown attempts which Melvin ended up turning the momentum. Dude literally did nothing and got the win, plus his body language showed he didn't care that's what makes it worse.

Not really Bellator's fault either, a lot of people wanted to see this fight happen since there was literally no other contenders besides Manhoef. It was a decent fight on paper.

Back