Bellator 153: Koreshkov vs. Henderson 7pm ET Prelims/8pm ET Main Card Discussion

318.gif

If Chandler is matched up with and beats Thomson then Thomson/Bendo II in another 5 rounder maybe. Normally I think they'd keep them apart to use them to boost a fighter's resume or build them both up but it'd be an easy sell with their past close fight. Plus it wouldn't drop the stock of the loser really.

Thomson at 170?

As a henderson fan, im HUUURRRTT, but not suprised.

Henderson's boxing and standup game is just not good enough to overcome that much of a reach advtange against a solid boxer.

I think Henderson fought kind of stupid. He should have worked some distance keepers like kicks to the knee, side kicks to the stomach. Use his body kick to set up the head kick that came close to landing a couple of times.

Bendo should go back to 155. 170's are too big and too strong!

I think Henderson can handle WW it's just that Koreskov is a beastly built WW average size WW's yes, Koreskov size you really need to go to the Lab...

Anyone got any pics of how Benson looked after the fight? I didn't watch.

How the fuck did RDA put Benson out?

that was a beatdown. LW insta titleshot woulda been better...

Let's be real. Page is fighting NOBODIES. Bellator is trying to build him into a star. Smart business move, I would do the same in their situation.

Taunting against opponents you are supposed to beat is weird.
Actually its pretty smart. Taunting against people who could actually hurt you is dangerous. Taunting against bums is basically riskfree. Anderson Silva found that out.

Thomson at 170?

155, I think this Bendo WW experiment is done. Too much damage absorbed tonight and against Thatch(despite winning).

I really think he wants to go out as champ and that's looking like a pipe dream at WW.

Oh no, a fighter is showing personality. Lets all shit on him and call him classless. Go back to being zombies folks, we don't want stars because then they can demand bigger contracts!

It was classless, how many fighters do you see taunt someone like that? And then goes back to taunt him, right in his face as the guy is down?

I'm all for personality and even trash talk, I'm even fine with flipping a guy off in the cage before you fight but to taunt someone like that after you win is classless. And he does this in each of his fights, this isnt the first time.

If McGregor after a year build up and bad blood with Aldo stood over him and taunted the shit out of him like that I wouldnt like it.

Anyone got any pics of how Benson looked after the fight? I didn't watch.

Actually he didn't look that beat up even though he got fucked. It was mostly body kicks that was fucking him up. He got dropped by a couple lefts and knees.

Would love to see Koreshkov merk MVP now.

bendo said that they offered him the fight agianst koreshkov and the fight against brooks. he took koreshkov because they said he would have to wait a bit for brooks, so i dont think weight cutting is a huge issue. obviously he doesnt like it; no one does. but after this fight as well, obviously we have weight divisions for a reason. would still love to see him fight brooks.

Daley has to beat Kos now cuz there is no one else for Koreshkov (MVP won't take that fight).

It was classless, how many fighters do you see taunt someone like that? And then goes back to taunt him, right in his face as the guy is down?

I'm all for personality and even trash talk, I'm even fine with flipping a guy off in the cage before you fight but to taunt someone like that after you win is classless. And he does this in each of his fights, this isnt the first time.

If McGregor after a year build up and bad blood with Aldo stood over him and taunted the shit out of him like that I wouldnt like it.
What did he say after he subbed the guy?

page is a charecter. At the very least, I respect that he going full heel!

I dont think WW is going to end well for Cerrone either. THis isnt UFC but im posting anyway.

Look, if a fighter cares about its one thing, fans getting sandy vaginas is another.

i will pay for a co promottion event between ONE and BMMA with a fight between Koreshkov and Askren, i want to see that rematch sooo bad

They should make:
Andrey Koreshkov vs MVP/Gonzalez winner
Ben Henderson vs Jansen/Held winner (155)
Patricio Pitbull vs Georgi Karakhanyan
Henry Corrales vs Isao Kobayashi
Cyborg Santos vs Douglas Lima
Brennan Ward vs MVP/Gonzalez loser
Brent Primus vs Derek Campos
Gleristone Santos vs Melvin Guillard

Glad to see PItbull win, grabbed that neck and locked that choke in.

Back