Bellator 145: Vengeance 7PM ET Prelims/9PM ET MAIN CARD DISCUSSION

Fun show no doubt. Liked it. Nobody came out of the Curran/Pitbull/Straus three way as the clear king. Just hot potato with the belt.

I think Pitbull did. He's still 2-1 against Strauss and Curran is on the outs right now.

Good. I felt like I was taking crazy pills listening to them use words like complete "blowout!".

I don't say this much but I really feel that fight was a lot closer than the commentary would indicate. Obviously the judges thought so as well. 3-2 for Strauss from 2 of them. Am I alone here?

I thought it was a draw. The first round probably could have gone either way though.

10-9 Pitbull
10-8 Straus
10-9 Straus
10-9 Pitbull
10-9 Pitbull

I don't say this much but I really feel that fight was a lot closer than the commentary would indicate. Obviously the judges thought so as well. 3-2 for Strauss from 2 of them. Am I alone here?

They were acting as if Smith's "card" was gospel. I think they got caught up in the knockdown in round 2 and let that effect their opinion of the rest of the fight. rounds 1, 3 & 4 were real tight and could have gone either way.

I though it was close on points. It had 3 clear rounds(2,3,5). I thought round 1 and 4 could have gone either way.

Overall I though Daniel proved he was better this night. They will def. have a 4th fight I think.

It wasn't a domination like the commentary were asserting.

I think Pitbull did. He's still 2-1 against Strauss and Curran is on the outs right now.

Tbf the 2nd Straus/Pitbull fight was Straus' fight to lose(which he admittedly did). I'd say he's the one that's making more strides between fights. His game evolved alot between their 1st and 2nd fight and has tightened up between their 2nd fight and tonight. Curran seems like the only one becoming stagnant.

Daniel's not clear king either but I'm on the side that there is none between the 3 yet.

Amazing card, they should make:

Daniel Straus vs Weichel/Karakhanyan winner
Patricio Pitbull vs Goiti Yamauchi
Will Brooks vs Patricky Pitbull
Marcin Held vs Saad Awad
Michael Chandler vs Dave Jansen
Dave Rickels vs Derek Anderson
Bobby Lashley vs Vitaly Minakov - Heavyweight title
James Thompson vs Kimbo/Dada 5000 winner
Emmanuel Sanchez vs Jenkins/Parsons winner
Justin Lawrence vs Isao Kobayashi

Eh I'm not really sure Curran is on the outs considering Straus just won the belt. Last time Curran fought Straus he beat him. Then he lost to Pitbull and Weichel (The same Weichel who almost KO'ed Pitbull) then he won a fight. He's not far off from contending again and I think all 3 of these guys are pretty close in talent. Weichel and Karanyan ain't that far off either. Really nobody is going to dominate that division for the foreseeable future it'll be a hot potato belt.

Amazing card, they should make:

Daniel Straus vs Weichel/Karakhanyan winner
Patricio Pitbull vs Goiti Yamauchi
Will Brooks vs Patricky Pitbull
Marcin Held vs Saad Awad
Michael Chandler vs Dave Jansen
Dave Rickels vs Derek Anderson
Bobby Lashley vs Vitaly Minakov - Heavyweight title
James Thompson vs Kimbo/Dada 5000 winner
Emmanuel Sanchez vs Jenkins/Parsons winner
Justin Lawrence vs Isao Kobayashi

Wow you could replace rich chou

Was anybody else waiting for Strauss to blow the fight. I really thought he was gonna get subbed out of nowwhere in the 5th again after Pitbull temporarily had his back

Wow you could replace rich chou

2c53434ec9a82d5c58fc67bcc306ff5d.gif

Well, it's 2-1 Pitbull. A fourth would make sense.

Pitbull better be aggressive from now on or he's going to hit a downswing.

He's been dropped so many times in his last fights. His head movement has decreased significantly. It makes me wonder how hard they spar at his gym.

I couldn't catch Bellator last night. How was the Brooks vs Held fight?

He's been dropped so many times in his last fights. His head movement has decreased significantly. It makes me wonder how hard they spar at his gym.

not just that. pitbull is clearly stronger and a better grappler yet he rarely takes advantage of it. he needs a new gameplan.

I couldn't catch Bellator last night. How was the Brooks vs Held fight?

First couple of rounds were good, but after that Held was done so it wasn't great. Brooks's knee was finished in the first round so all he did was get a takedown at the beginning of each round and stay active enough not to be stood up.

Watch the first 2 if you want to see some grappling, but probably shouldn't waste your time after that.

First couple of rounds were good, but after that Held was done so it wasn't great. Brooks's knee was finished in the first round so all he did was get a takedown at the beginning of each round and stay active enough not to be stood up.

Watch the first 2 if you want to see some grappling, but probably shouldn't waste your time after that.

Ah, okay, thanks.

I'm going to be the devil on the other shoulder. And say you should have saved your money.

You just best not hover hands.

I should have listened to you on saving the money; didn't hover hand, and preceded to get scolded by the girlfriend all of yesterday for my hand touching side boob and my pervy friends posting jealous comments. The photo that was paid for is as a result is no longer on the facebook account.

The only good thing to come from it though is that due to some confusion of a poorly organized in-cage picture, they gave me this too.

CTTorxWUAAA53lv.jpg:large

Back