Bellator 138: Unfinished Business 7:00PM ET Prelims/9PM ET MAIN CARD DISCUSSION

Senile Ken forgot how to finish an RNC.

The fight didn't need to be fixed. Neither of these guys are making a run for the title and they draw viewers regardless of their record. They were both coming off losses and were headlining this event. Either fighter winning could be utilized by Bellator for setting up another fight. Ken wins, you could match him up with Lashley. Kimbo wins, you could match him up with whoever.

It didn't even look like a fix, it was two fighters far removed from their prime in a sloppy fight. Ken was legitimately trying to get that choke and it's not like we've never seen RNC chokes that look locked end up failing due to good defense and attempts to reposition and losing the hold. It happens relatively often in the sport. Also, Ken got tagged a couple of times and didn't go down until the last one that hit him flush. If that was a dive, that was amazing acting and even more amazing who he got multiple cuts during that scene.

Overall, this was a solid event. Chandler looked amazing, Strauss reestablished himself for contention and Pitbull pulls off a flash KO, when seemingly he was done at the end of the first. A couple nice showings on the under card, Lashley and Kimbo with wins. A big announcement. A solid crowd. I don't think Bellator could have had a better night overall. Good showing.

Watching Ken's outings of recent years, people forget how much of a physical specimen he used to be (regardless of whatever PEDs he was on).

Why Ken? Why didn't you go gable grip and pull your elbow straight back to finish the choke hadaka jime style? Why?

Seriously, before this fight was even booked, if you had told me, "If a fighter was to come out of retirement to fake a submission attempt and get knocked out for money, who would it be?" I'd have said Ken Shamrock...

him and kimbo both have been known to be involved in works so it wouldn't surprise me. Both of them have money problems too. Who wouldn't get their ass beat for a big pay out?

Where's prime 04jamell when you need him ? (idonotbelieveit/fujita/mark36 or whatever he goes by now a days).

The fight didn't need to be fixed. Neither of these guys are making a run for the title and they draw viewers regardless of their record. They were both coming off losses and were headlining this event. Either fighter winning could be utilized by Bellator for setting up another fight. Ken wins, you could match him up with Lashley. Kimbo wins, you could match him up with whoever.

It didn't even look like a fix, it was two fighters far removed from their prime in a sloppy fight. Ken was legitimately trying to get that choke and it's not like we've never seen RNC chokes that look locked end up failing due to good defense and attempts to reposition and losing the hold. It happens relatively often in the sport. Also, Ken got tagged a couple of times and didn't go down until the last one that hit him flush. If that was a dive, that was amazing acting and even more amazing who he got multiple cuts during that scene.

Overall, this was a solid event. Chandler looked amazing, Strauss reestablished himself for contention and Pitbull pulls off a flash KO, when seemingly he was done at the end of the first. A couple nice showings on the under card, Lashley and Kimbo with wins. A big announcement. A solid crowd. I don't think Bellator could have had a better night overall. Good showing.

bingo

i was actually impressed, this was the best bellator could have hoped for w/ken v kimbo; noone predicted any sort of competitive type of match, and it was pretty fucking competitive up until the finish.

that being said...if the fight happened the first time maybe ken finishes kimbo; great night for bellator and the main event actually outperformed expectations

You are wasting your time over here, 99% of sherdoggers are gonna ignore your reasoning and are gonna still yelling "fixed, fixed" , was a very good card with two washed fighters way past their prime in the main event but they still atracting viewers and selling tickets

You are wasting your time over here, 99% of sherdoggers are gonna ignore your reasoning and are gonna still yelling "fixed, fixed" , was a very good card with two washed fighters way past their prime in the main event but they still atracting viewers and selling tickets

i dont care if it was fixed or not. it was there as entertainment. people got that one way or the other. I wouldn't be in shock if it was though. Kimbo they can still work with to market.

The Kimbo and Ken headliner is what got me to watch it. I don't recall watching any of their other offerings but might have a long time ago. I'm all for the freak show fights.

i dont care if it was fixed or not. it was there as entertainment. people got that one way or the other. I wouldn't be in shock if it was though. Kimbo they can still work with to market.

I would watch every fixed Ken Shamrock fight if it ended with him getting KTFO

It's funny people say work cause they moved slow. Kimbo could barely walk to the cage, of course he isn't going to be explosive. And Ken is about 15 years passed his prime.

I would watch every fixed Ken Shamrock fight if it ended with him getting KTFO

im really amazed he can pass an MRI exam at this point. He has taken more beatings than most fighters who had to retire.

That was a fucking fake fight. Kimbo lifted his leg and let ken take him down...liek they planned it...then he almost choked him out....but ken let it go like they planned then kimbo hit him ONE time and ken gave up...just like they agreed before the damn fight.

FIXED

WWE guys do a better job. Ken comes in with the slowest TD attempt I've ever seen. Kimbo doesn't throw a punch, but lifts a leg to help him get the TD (Ken can't seem to bend over enough). Interview with Kimbo talking about how he never taps, and how he trained his ground game to be world class now or some such shit.

Even if by some miracle this was not totally staged, how does Coker convince anyone it isn't? Who would want to bet on a Bellator fight from now on?

Back