Beliefs that you've grown out of

being 5'10 is ok

Opposite for me

Grew up taller than everyone else, was kind of insecure about it and wished I were shorter

Suddenly stopped growing at 5'10", was told chicks only like tall dudes

Survived my mid 20s, tall dudes bodies all turned into Tim Sylvia

I'm still tight n fresh

Opposite for me

Grew up taller than everyone else, was kind of insecure about it and wished I were shorter

I'm still tight n fresh
pic?

id like to believe my father and loved ones are waiting for me but its very hard not to think that when we die thats it...

Lots of questions I can't answer with science so basically I am not ruling anything out.

I don't believe nearly as many conspiracy theories. When I was younger I liked to think that 9/11 was an inside job, or whatever other crazy ideas were floating around.

Part of that is because I've also grown out of thinking the government is pure evil, or even competent enough to pull off something like that. I stopped believing just a few people were secretly controlling everything.

I believe most people who work in academia are educated people who lacked the intelligence to become successful in the real world, and thus retreated to the safe haven of academia. If they were able to make more money or impact outside of academia, they would.

{<doc}

That trickle-down economics creates more jobs and causes people to be more productive in society.

I actually used to believe that.

I was a dumbass.

Opposite for me

I'm still tight n fresh

Tight and fresh huh? Interesting...

Mr @Palis you should have told me such specimens roamed the war room...

All cultures are equal

The war room loves this phrase, "All cultures are equal," but I have honestly never heard anybody use that phrase outside of the war room. Where did the obsession with this phrase come from? It seems like a phrase that is mostly perpetuated on here by alt-right guys as a straw man to burn down with white supremacist views.

It's kind of like attacking the phrase, "All men are created equal" by saying that it's obviously not true. Some men are smart, some are dumb, some are tall, some are short, etc.

The phrase is not meant to be interpreted that way, it's just meant to communicate the idea that people should be judged on a level playing field. I interpret "All cultures are equal" (if anybody actually was to say that) to mean that all cultures should be judged on an equal playing field. Not that they actually are all the same.

Last edited:
Tight and fresh huh? Interesting...

Mr @Palis you should have told me such specimens roamed the war room...
There's many a tight bodies here... very supple and fresh. Many here are extra pent up and stressed as well. They would do good under you and would excreet extra secretions from much needed senri "exercise".

Belief: Nuanced political movements really matter at all on the grand scale.

Reality: Demographics matter. Everything else is dust in the wind. Just have kids in the right place and inherit the accomplishments of everyone else.

Belief: Undergrad is just a bunch of kids trying to get laid, but grad school will be a gathering of the minds.

Reality: Academia is where you spend four-to-infinity years figuring out how to water down one page of information enough to make it presentable to a bunch of timid watercooler schmoozers who only care about their references/re-applying for their own job every year. The death of the traditional campus and rise of online distance education will be glorious.

Belief: Gender is just boobs vs penis, we all want the same things, just be yourself, etc.

Reality: If you see women as an intermediate between men and children, they will make you very happy. If you expect an "equal partner", you have a very difficult and humiliating life ahead of you.

Last edited:
The war room loves this phrase, "All cultures are equal," but I have honestly never heard anybody use that phrase outside of the war room. Where did this come from?

It seems like a phrase perpetuated by alt-right guys as a straw man to burn down with white supremacist views. In fact, that is exactly what it is on this particular message board.

The phrase itself is actually a bit nonsensical. What aspect of culture is even being measured here? What does the phrase actually imply? Have you heard somebody use the phrase?

Moral relativism/cultural relativism/Franz Boas. Not many people say it in real life, but it's dominant within academia because it doesn't endanger your references and annual self-hiring.

All cultures are effectively equal because their quality can only be truly comprehended by someone who grew up inside of them. It's hubris for us to assume which culture our offspring would be happiest belonging to. That's as concise as I can be.

That drugs should be illegal for adults.

I'm no troll. I say what I believe. I was obviously joking with that post.
I believe you, and I appreciate your sincerity. When I said if you are a troll you'd be brilliant, I said that because I am convinced you are the kind of person you present yourself as.

Back