Belfort vs Bisping London *Update*

Damn, 5 years took a toll on Bisping too. Look how shredded he was in his mid 30's

Looks like this is going to happen.

https://sportv.globo.com/site/comba...dium=share-bar-desktop&utm_campaign=share-bar

Translated with google.

Ultimate acts fast and forwards fight between Belfort and Bisping for UFC London

Brazilian, who was without a fight in Sunday's edition in St-Louis, after Uriah Hall goes awry, should end his career against English on March 17

By Marcelo Barone, Rio de Janeiro
14/01/2018 14h17 Updated 1 hour ago

Vitor Belfort would go into action Sunday at UFC St-Louis against Uriah Hall to make his farewell to MMA. The American, however, went awry during the weight-cutting process and, on the eve of the event, the duel was canceled. The Ultimate moved fast and, according to Combate.com, the organization sent a new fight to the Brazilian against Michael Bisping on March 17 in London.

Vitor Belfort comes from victory against Nate Marquardt at UFC Rio 8 (Photo: André Durão) Vitor Belfort comes from victory against Nate Marquardt at UFC Rio 8 (Photo: André Durão)
Vitor Belfort comes from victory against Nate Marquardt at UFC Rio 8 (Photo: André Durão)
Vitor Belfort and Michael Bisping have already met in the Octagon. The "Phenomenon" made the UFC Sao Paulo main fight in January 2013 against English. On the occasion, the host hit a high kick in the head of the opponent, who lost by technical knockout at 1m27s of the second round.

The Brazilian athlete, who will "hang his gloves" after 22 years of professional career in the sport, comes from a victory against Nate Marquardt at UFC Rio 8, hosted in June 2017. Bisping, meanwhile, lost his middle belt to to be finalized by Georges St-Pierre in November of last year and, in the same month, was knocked out by Kelvin Gastelum when accepting the clash a few days in advance.

Bisping just posted this.

I think it would be a great idea. Bisping could get a chance at redemption from the eye injury TRTor gave him and both are at the end of their careers so it would be a cool double retirement fight.

What does everyone think?

Yup this needs to happen. Double retirement fight!

Not happening. Bisping said no

Not happening. Bisping said no

IS THIS FUCKING SERIOUS?

a chance of fucking redemption against a guy that is now a shell of his former self and he isn't fighting? pussy

I guess he sees it as a dangerous retirement fight... or he just want to pretend he's not fighting to get a pay rase

IS THIS FUCKING SERIOUS?

a chance of fucking redemption against a guy that is now a shell of his former self and he isn't fighting? pussy

I guess he sees it as a dangerous retirement fight... or he just want to pretend he's not fighting to get a pay rase

There’s a chance he doesn’t want to risk losing to vitor again in his retirement fight but I too hope it’s a money tactic.

Back