Belfort’s win over couture legitimate, yes or no?

" If the punch was 2 inches closer, i would've have gotten the knockout" - Vitor

Randy had shown many times that a clean punch is nowhere near a guarantee of a KO, Vitor saying that means nothing.

Only an asshole or Vitor hater would say no it wasn't legitimate.

Yes it was a legal win, but in no way was that fight indicative of anything regarding MMA abilities.

I think this is the correct take. It really depends upon what you mean by legit.

No. The very definition of a fluke. Two total dominant ass beatings > cutting someone with the stitching of your glove on a grazing shot. Would probably be a NC today.

Vitor/Belfort 2 is the definition of a no contest. Anyone that says it's a legit win doesn't know the rules... Just like the athletic commission in 2004.

Vitor/Belfort 2 is the definition of a no contest. Anyone that says it's a legit win doesn't know the rules... Just like the athletic commission in 2004.
What rule? Why should it have been an NC?

Legit win of course, but its certainly not a win that is definitive or shows who the better fighter is. It's a win that was determined by a doctor and open to interpretation, a different doctor could have let it go.

flawless victory in title fight,never been done before

efd2057a24de376da72fae5c901a42fd--mark-hamill-beef.jpg
That's that dude that whooped Jon Jones ass!

It was a clean legal punch so I say legit. Kind of a shitty way for a championship fight to end but legit none the less.

Back