Being "liberal"... what's it REALLY mean now a days?

Having Trump derangement syndrome is what it means to be liberal now. That along with being a communist & globalist. Although there are plenty of communist & globalist swamp creatures who are establishment Republicans as well and they fit now as "liberals" too.

Having Trump derangement syndrome is what it means to be liberal now. That along with being a communist & globalist. Although there are plenty of communist & globalist swamp creatures who are establishment Republicans as well and they fit now as "liberals" too.

Don't you think that if your label applies to every single person to your left from communists/marxists to establishment corporatist republicans, that the label is essentially meaningless in any policy sense, and simply used as a slur?

This Right here

You can't seriously be this dumb... I did the math with the source you found proved you wrong then you left the thread. You are being delusional.

See post #127

I'm still in the thread. And I provided the info from the source I found earlier in the thread. Then when you said that your source was more up to date, I said that I granted it was better. Then you kept crying and trying to change the subject.

Has he called you dishonest yet?

He misrepresented the exchange in another thread. Anyway, always nice to see the lesser posters band together. I think Lionel (better handle IMO) is like a pitcher who reached base against Kershaw. Doesn't want to let go of the fact that he had a better source even after I acknowledged it.

Why not? Because trying to understand why some don't want to be associated with the SJW wing of the (D) party is too hard for you? Or is denial still kickin' hard?

That's because you would not be able to comprehend it anyway.

the-rock-nation-promo-eye-roll.gif

Don't you think that if your label applies to every single person to your left from communists/marxists to establishment corporatist republicans, that the label is essentially meaningless in any policy sense, and simply used as a slur?
You don't actually think nonentity thinks this shit through do you?

I'm still in the thread. And I provided the info from the source I found earlier in the thread. Then when you said that your source was more up to date, I said that I granted it was better. Then you kept crying and trying to change the subject.

See post #127. You are being a butthole. Is reading hard for you or something? Lets try this again. I'll walk you through this post for post

You said Clintion wins the popular vote if you throw out California and Texas
Yeah, I can't see any reasonable justification for either A) counting citizens in bigger states vote less or B) discounting any particular voters when calculating the total. People like @Lionel Mandrake are just expressing tribal allegiances with no regard to whether their views make any sense. Clinton wins if you throw out both CA and TX.

I corrected you with math
No She Doesn't

Popular Vote Numbers...

Trump 62,984,825

California Voting Numbers...

Trump 4,483,810

Hillary 8,753,788

Now lets subtract both Cali totals from the rest of the Country

Trump 62,984,825 - 4,483,810 = 58,501,015

Hillary 65,853,516 - 8,753,788 = 57,099,728

Texas Voting Numbers

Trump 4,685,047

Hillary 3,877,868

Now that we've subtracted California lets subtract Texas

Trump
58,501,015 - 4,685,047 = 53,815,968

Hillary
57,099,728 - 3,877,868 = 53,221,860

Trump still wins

You provided a different source with different numbers

I'm seeing:

https://www.politico.com/2016-election/results/map/president/california/

LOL! This is getting embarrassing. You'd do better just admitting that you want your "side" to win by any means necessary and don't have any principles here. It's 100% certain that if Trump had won the popular vote and lost the electoral vote, you'd be arguing that it's an injustice.

So I did the math again with your numbers intstead of my numbers which I got from the New York times

This also shows that Trump would have won the popular vote if you take away California and Texas. Just admit that you are wrong it's not a big deal. It's a stupid argument anyway and you're just being silly.

Last edited:
I think what you are seeing is a lot of noise. Thanks to social media, everyone has a voice and the loudest and most controversial make the most noise.

I think we are also seeing a lot of new groups and ideas. You can't simply just call someone a liberal or conservative anymore. People are all over the spectrum.

I consider myself a liberal. I believe in freedom of speech, freedom of press, equality for all, secularism and democracy. I believe you have the right to offend and be offended and that we should discuss ideas with people we disagree with.

The "left" is experiencing now what the right did years ago with all of the so-called Neo-Cons. I'm going to call these Neo-Libs. They hate freedom of speech, they want to force people to speak a certain way, user gender pronouns, promote segregation, identity politics, etc.

I just think the terms left/right and liberal/conservative only cover a certain segment of people now. We have to be careful how he use those labels or use labels period.

a liberal is someone who brushes his teeth and doesn't have pubic hair caught in his zipper.

There is no such thing as a uniform "liberal" or "conservative" at all. Those two terms are basically used to describe the entire population of the United States. There are not only two groups of people with only two distinct sets of thoughts.

Most people fall somewhere between the far left and far right. But for some reason, political discourse in recent years has mostly ignored everything in between and created two extreme parties that think they are supposed to hate each other and assume the worst about each other.

A lot of people don't even read articles on here anymore. They skim the OP just well enough to identify their tribe, and then post from that perspective without giving it a second thought.

2015+ Political discourse =

Liberal = Communist,Pro Jihad invasion
Conservatives= Nazi,Jesus Freak

Exactly. The left has turned "liberal" into the ugliest word in the English language. They have embarrassed themselves by having no boundaries to their hate of Trump on top of a disgusting loathing of the US Constitution. It seems that the modern liberal is a re-manifestation of the Bolsheviks from the early 1900's. I would personally much rather be called a N***** than a L******. That's from someone who used to believe in a lot of left leaning policies from years ago. That's exactly why it has become a slur.

Exactly. The left has turned "liberal" into the ugliest word in the English language. They have embarrassed themselves by having no boundaries to their hate of Trump on top of a disgusting loathing of the US Constitution. It seems that the modern liberal is a re-manifestation of the Bolsheviks from the early 1900's. I would personally much rather be called a N***** than a L******. That's from someone who used to believe in a lot of left leaning policies from years ago. That's exactly why it has become a slur.

I think you've proved my point (that you're tribal/reactionary based on emotional factors) rather than yours (that your definition of liberalism is based in coherent reality).

@Jack V Savage's dishonesty. He claimed that he didn't ghost me here in another thread, so I dug this up and took screen shots and he still can't admit that he was wrong, so I just bumped this to be a dick :D The exchange starts at post #542 if you're interested. I know I'm being petty, but I'm just having a little fun.
Has he put you on ignore yet? It's not complete domination until that happens!

I think you've proved my point (that you're tribal/reactionary based on emotional factors) rather than yours (that your definition of liberalism is based in coherent reality).
Its absolutely reality. Your denying it based on your own personal beliefs does not change reality. You can claim that the earth is flat, but that does not make it true.
I said liberal = Globalism, communism, anti US Constitution, and being anti Trump
The actual liberal Democratic agenda & platform:
Tear down national borders (globalism)
Destroy the 2nd Amendment (anti US Constitution)
Silence opposition voices and undermine the 1st Amendment (anti US Constitution)
Tow the line of globalist Operation Mockingbird state run media (globalism & anti US Constitution)
Grow the welfare state though migration, immigration, and free trade policies (communism & globalism)
Have no ideas nor answers to any issues and just oppose Trump (anti Trump)

Its a disgrace that one of the USA's two major political parties puts forth such an anti-American platform such as this. I'm not sure how one single US citizen could give them one single vote while supporting such garbage ideals. #walkaway

Back