Being "liberal"... what's it REALLY mean now a days?

Really, to be a "liberal" today means supporting opportunity for people all over the economic spectrum; healthcare availability for everyone; full participation in civic society and equal protection under the law for people regardless of ethnicity, religion, or sexuality; and strong public-goods provision, paid for with progressive taxation. There's a lot of differences within people who are liberal and that doesn't really get deep into the ideology, but that sums it up.

You in favor a UHC now?

Maybe you should stick to the MMA section, and leave serious discussions to the adults.

Don't tell me to leave because you are upset that the modern liberal has been disected into nothing but a social justice warrior.

How many modern liberals are with trump on bringing jobs back to the US? The answer is, we don't know. We can't even hear them over the incessant crying about him being racist and sexist. Lol

Don't tell me to leave because you are upset that the modern liberal has been disected into nothing but a social justice warrior.

How many modern liberals are with trump on bringing jobs back to the US? The answer is, we don't know. We can't even hear them over the incessant crying about him being racist and sexist. Lol

What?

In terms of economic policy (and policy in general) the dems offered significantly more detail in the 2016 election than repubs.

Trump has a plan to bring back coal jobs, bring manufacturing jobs, reform/scrap NAFTA etc etc, but with no real workable plan on how to achieve it.

Look at the Carrier deal - didn't he basically offer them a tax break, then lay people off anyway? Seems like a poor policy all round.

Why would American liberals not be supportive of greater employment?

What?

In terms of economic policy (and policy in general) the dems offered significantly more detail in the 2016 election than repubs.

Trump has a plan to bring back coal jobs, bring manufacturing jobs, reform/scrap NAFTA etc etc, but with no real workable plan on how to achieve it.

Look at the Carrier deal - didn't he basically offer them a tax break, then lay people off anyway? Seems like a poor policy all round.

Why would American liberals not be supportive of greater employment?

Nobody really gives a fuck about coal in the grand scheme of things. Manufacturing jobs on the other hand have been sold out over the last 2 decades and exactly what what was Hillary's plan to remedy that? Ughh, she was gonna do what Obama did yo!!!

I haven't heard a single politician in power on the left or right actually produce a plan that is bold enougn to maybe make a change. Elighten me on the plans Hillary's cabinet had in mind.

I would personally like to see a plan similar what Buchanan talks about in his interview with Nader. Threaten tariffs for jobs and enforce them if need be.

Cheap goods flooding into the country looks great, on paper.

The average liberal of today:

soy-boy-transexual.jpg

What's got you amused friend? Share with the class.

@Jack V Savage's dishonesty. He claimed that he didn't ghost me here in another thread, so I dug this up and took screen shots and he still can't admit that he was wrong, so I just bumped this to be a dick :D The exchange starts at post #542 if you're interested. I know I'm being petty, but I'm just having a little fun.

There is no such thing as a uniform "liberal" or "conservative" at all. Those two terms are basically used to describe the entire population of the United States. There are not only two groups of people with only two distinct sets of thoughts.

Most people fall somewhere between the far left and far right. But for some reason, political discourse in recent years has mostly ignored everything in between and created two extreme parties that think they are supposed to hate each other and assume the worst about each other.

A lot of people don't even read articles on here anymore. They skim the OP just well enough to identify their tribe, and then post from that perspective without giving it a second thought.

Liberal detected

@Jack V Savage's dishonesty. He claimed that he didn't ghost me here in another thread, so I dug this up and took screen shots and he still can't admit that he was wrong, so I just bumped this to be a dick :D The exchange starts at post #542 if you're interested. I know I'm being petty, but I'm just having a little fun.

What do you consider dishonesty from me here? You were already caught misrepresenting how this thread went (and to be super dramatic "ghosting" me).

That was scripted and Trudeau practiced that for days. He actually ignored an important question so he could spew that gargage. Normally, Trudeau makes Trump sound like he is speaking a Shakespearean monologue.
so he did what Trump usually doesn’t and prepared himself so he didn’t look stupid

What's got you amused friend? Share with the class.

He didn't consider "I'm not arguing with your source" and "I grant there could be another source (than the one I provided)" as enough when our sources disagreed. He's a strange little man. Very important to him that Daddy's popularity is acknowledged.

He didn't consider "I'm not arguing with your source" and "I grant there could be another source (than the one I provided)" as enough when our sources disagreed. He's a strange little man. Very important to him that Daddy's popularity is acknowledged.

Ok, got it. I was just scratching my noggin wondering if someone was having a flashback.

What do you consider dishonesty from me here? You were already caught misrepresenting how this thread went (and to be super dramatic "ghosting" me).

This Right here
Incorrect. Do the math with the source I found (the one that shows up on a Google search without sending to a link)

You can't seriously be this dumb... I did the math with the source you found proved you wrong then you left the thread. You are being delusional.

See post #127

Our sources didn't disagree they provided the same result. It's like trying argue that the sky is blue here. You're basically doing this...
giphy.gif

At least locally, and lately, all it takes to be a liberal is thinking Donald Trump is an anti-American jackass.

No matter what else motivates your votes, no matter your protestations.

Speak for yourself Jack. I have been more than neutral in this thread and have agreed with some of your logic in the past. You may be articulate, but when it comes to tribal allegiances you are one of the most guilty posters in the War Room.
Has he called you dishonest yet?

To the tune of, "Ain't No Half Steppin'" by Big Daddy Kane

I didn't read nothin'...
Why not? Because trying to understand why some don't want to be associated with the SJW wing of the (D) party is too hard for you? Or is denial still kickin' hard?

Back