Being as light as possible

Davem10

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Is this better for your body in terms of injury prevention and aches and pains

I put some weight on and began training and noticed I have many aches I never had previously.

Achillies tendons ache
Got some plantar fascitis which I managed to get rid of
Knees ache

My thinking is if I lose the extra timber and drop about the weight my body will struggle less. Percentages are easier so if I say I added 15% on top of my previous bodyweight in unneeded additional mass to my body that would be accurate

FYI it's boxing I do and I have a very bouncy in and out style

So getting as light as possible will benefit my body in relation to the problems I mentioned

Correct ?

how old are you?

i am 36 and in good shape, i would say. i workout, stretch and ride my bike alot. i am at ca. 15% bf or something. so abs showing but no sixpack. aches and pains just show up after a certain age, i guess. i did my fair share of low wage physical outdoor jobs, so your profession will come into play also.

i don't think you have to be ripped to have a healthy weight, but you shouldn't be above 20% bf. i train old people with all sorts of joint issues and the majority of them has a history of being overweight and lack of movement.

maybe for sports like boxing or running, but for grappling I can't help but feel the additional body fat + muscle helps protect me against injuries

A lot of guys at my gym that end up getting popped/ cracked ribs are skinny, just an anecdote I've noticed.

maybe for sports like boxing or running, but for grappling I can't help but feel the additional body fat + muscle helps protect me against injuries

A lot of guys at my gym that end up getting popped/ cracked ribs are skinny, just an anecdote I've noticed.
That's pretty normal here as well. All the guys that have gotten rib bruising and near cracks have all been lanky dudes

Muscle is always preferred, I can't say fat helping, its dead weight at the end of the day

Yes it is proven that lighter people have less knee problems. Its just a matter of physics. However, you don't to be frail as a fighter because you will get your shit torn into pieces if you are brittle.

Back