Behold how a real champion should act.....

Khabib actually does not have to do a thing any more in order to get McGregor. So he can pretend like the extra 7 - 8 figure paycheck doesn't interest him because it will still just fall in his lap anyway.

Very nice how he is just letting the UFC make the matches. I have never liked a champion turning down a fight. Tito ducking Chuck back in the day is a great example. I didn't like DJ ducking TJ either.

Last edited:
And Gay sherdogers still bashing Whittaker because he suspected Romero was on drugs.. (Romero already popped and well know for cheating).

<{hughesimpress}>

Different situation since TJ isn't even in DJ's weight class.
Different, but not excusable IMO. Even before TJ was champ, TJ was the biggest threat to DJ's belt & so that is the guy champ should be fighting. I found it weak that DJ wanted to fight Borg instead of TJ. (& I'm a fan of Mouse.)

Last edited:
lol "real"

Everyone has to do the same thing? Nah.

Different, but not excusable IMO. Even before TJ was champ, TJ was the biggest threat to DJ's belt & so that is the guy champ should be fighting. I found it weak that DJ wanted to fight Borg instead of TJ. (& I'm a fan of Mouse.)

You can say anyone from a different weight class is the biggest threat to someone elses belt. Is Weidman the biggest threat to Woodley's belt? I'm a pretty big purist that people should always earn title shots in that weight class. We don't know if TJ can even make the weight and fight as well as he does at BW.

I do think all champions should fight whoever is available instead of picking and choosing.

That doesn't always make for the most compelling fight though.

Fight against the top contenders.... until Dana comes with that big check to fight a low ranked... name fighter.

Whittaker is taking a weird approach. Usually people throw out the PED accusations after they lose to someone. Throwing the accusations out there after you've beaten someone twice is an odd publicity tactic.
I honestly think it’s because of the perception by some (myself included) that he lost the fight. Getting knocked down twice and wobbled badly another isn’t the best look for a champ. If Yoel is juicing it makes Robert look slightly better? Idk
But I don’t see why he has anything to be ashamed of, he fought a great fight and survived some massive blows that I doubt any other MW could handle.

You can say anyone from a different weight class is the biggest threat to someone elses belt. Is Weidman the biggest threat to Woodley's belt? I'm a pretty big purist that people should always earn title shots in that weight class. We don't know if TJ can even make the weight and fight as well as he does at BW.
You're saying that the Champion of the weight class above... has to prove himself in the weight class below him? major disagree.

Now if it was vice versa... you may have some kind of point.... but a champ going down in weight is not even a question. Did you have a problem with Frankie getting Aldo after he lost his LW belt? I had absolutely no problem with it personally.

One of DJ's points for refusing the TJ fight was whether or not he can make weight. TJ said he did a practice run & he can do it... so let the good times roll.

Whittaker is taking a weird approach. Usually people throw out the PED accusations after they lose to someone. Throwing the accusations out there after you've beaten someone twice is an odd publicity tactic.
He's just being honest

You're saying that the Champion of the weight class above... has to prove himself in the weight class below him? major disagree.

100%. Mostly because he hasn't made the weight. Skills mean nothing if you can't actually make that weight. Then we don't know how he will perform at that weight.

Back