Behind the Curtain - shoot interviews, podcasts, book stories, urban legends

Flair seems to get in my mind great wrestling guests, which I mean wrestlers who don't normally do podcasts .
Flair has a bad habit of talking over his guests and telling stories about himself, but that happens when you live the gimmick. Funny thing is his guest seem to like him so much they tolerate it.
Stone Cold is hit or miss. If he likes the guest its good. If it is him by himself or some unknown it can be tough.
Jericho is the most diverse with guests. He gets some high level muscians on his show.
JR can be decent as long as you ignore the preachy stuff and his stupid voices.
He says heels must cheat to win and he has a man crush on Bill Watts.
Those are the 4 I listen too.
Forgot to add, I like Cheap Heat but since it is football season, I don't have time to watch much wrestling.

it's too bad Brodus had a shitty shoot interview with Sean Oliver

For wrestling related guests...A few I highly recommend:
(Sorry, I like Flair and respect what he's done but he makes for a lousy interview on a poscast)

Talk Is Jericho:

-Shawn Michaels
-Jesse Ventura
-RVD
-Edge and Paul Heyman

Steve Austin Show:

-Kevin Nash
-Scott Hall
-Eric Bischoff
-Vampiro
-Tommy Dreamer

Del Wilkes is going to be on SCSA's podcast.

[YT]vjnA1kAeyLo[/YT]

-Grantland
-Wrestling Observer weekly
-Pro Wrestling Torch
-Bauer & Pollock
-Pollock and Wai Ting

For wrestling related guests...A few I highly recommend:
(Sorry, I like Flair and respect what he's done but he makes for a lousy interview on a poscast)

Talk Is Jericho:

-Shawn Michaels
-Jesse Ventura
-RVD
-Edge and Paul Heyman

Steve Austin Show:

-Kevin Nash
-Scott Hall
-Eric Bischoff
-Vampiro
-Tommy Dreamer

Don't forget the "Jericho 25th Anniversary Episode" of Talk is Jericho, hilarious episode.

SteveAustinUnleashed_header.jpg

3AndTwenty return for another hang and jam session! This time you'll hear some of the ATL music that influenced them (and it ain't country). Plus, you'll hear Steve Austin bust out a little of his own musical knowledge - strings, guitars, playing styles and picking!

http://www.podcastone.com/pg/jsp/program/episode.jsp?programID=436&pid=556949

smigg, hope you don't mind if I expand your thread to encompass shoot interviews in general and behind the scenes stories. It'll be more of a conversation thread than a news update thread, and I'll sticky it.

I only tine into sam riberts for the state of wrestling portion. so if you're like me, this week is a skip as there was not really a state of wrestling portion.

It's worth giving it a listen, Brodus talks about auditioning to be Suge Knight, as well as his real life confrontations with him, as well as the differences between how he was dealt with in WWE and TNA, and a bet that he has going with CM Punk.

SteveAustinUnleashed_header.jpg

3AndTwenty return for another hang and jam session! This time you'll hear some of the ATL music that influenced them (and it ain't country). Plus, you'll hear Steve Austin bust out a little of his own musical knowledge - strings, guitars, playing styles and picking!

http://www.podcastone.com/pg/jsp/program/episode.jsp?programID=436&pid=556949
I actually listened to this one. Wasn't bad. Raven gives his thoughts on why people do or don't get over. A few stories. You can tell they get along and go way back. Just an enjoyable listen.

I'd suggest checking out Taz on Art of Wrestling w/ Colt Cabana. A lot of how Taz broke into the business and getting to know him a bit better personally.

https://soundcloud.com/coltcabana

Dudleys on Talk is Jericho - covers:

their release from WWE in 2006 or so;
the Road Warriors being an influence;
Jericho telling the Wrestling Observer the Dudelys wouldn't make it in the WWF;
ECW riot stories;
the origin of the Dudley stable (Raven idea); origin of Devon's character;

good so far

Flair seems to get in my mind great wrestling guests, which I mean wrestlers who don't normally do podcasts .
Flair has a bad habit of talking over his guests and telling stories about himself, but that happens when you live the gimmick. Funny thing is his guest seem to like him so much they tolerate it.
Stone Cold is hit or miss. If he likes the guest its good. If it is him by himself or some unknown it can be tough.
Jericho is the most diverse with guests. He gets some high level muscians on his show.
JR can be decent as long as you ignore the preachy stuff and his stupid voices.
He says heels must cheat to win and he has a man crush on Bill Watts.
Those are the 4 I listen too.
Forgot to add, I like Cheap Heat but since it is football season, I don't have time to watch much wrestling.

Holy shit, the voices. Last one I listened to he would randomly do a Terry Funk impression but he'd only say the one line about being an egg sucking dog. I swear if he did it once, he did it six times or more and this only an hour long podcast. The guest was one of the WON writers and he just did an awkward courtesy laugh every time.

I actually listened to this one. Wasn't bad. Raven gives his thoughts on why people do or don't get over. A few stories. You can tell they get along and go way back. Just an enjoyable listen.

Lot of good Raven stuff out there. I was watching him on Guest Booker the other day. Ended up being a bit of a mess but sorta like Cornette I could listen to him facefuck my wife

Raven and Austin go WAYYY BACK, WCW back. They used to be drinking and riding buddies. Raven used to ride with Austin and Pillman. Then they caught up again in ECW briefly but Austin had a small falling out with Raven around 2001 which was Austin's fault. Nice to see both men are doing well. They seemed to really enjoy each other's stories.

Would love to see Raven in the role of a booker or even manager of some sort.

Flair's podcast with Hogan was a letdown. The next one has Russo.

Back