Before 2008 men were allowed to be Flirty with women, not anymore | Page 6

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by TidWell, Jun 4, 2017.

1. MikeMcMann Black Belt

MikeMcMann
    Sure I agree but again if you are Ben Affleck and literally dragging the girl into your lap and groping her that is not bad if she likes you and knows you are Ben Affleck. If he was a less appealing guy that could be a chargeable assault offense.

Guys certainly can't be dumb about it and they better be good at knowing what their image and how they are being received the more you push into areas that could be considered abuse. BUt my main point is that it is not so black and white that you can always just say 'X behaviour is always wrong and not desired' as that is only true until it is desired.

2. MikeMcMann Black Belt

MikeMcMann
    i agree.

it is a job's guy to make the move and flirt but it is also the guys job to watch for signals and get the hint if she is not interested.

I've seen many women put in rough spots where they have to get rude as the guy just is not taking the hint. That then triggers the guy to call her a bitch or something all because he was not able to read the signs. I think some guys want to push her to get rude so they can write off the rejection as her just being a bitch.

The first and easiest is engagement. As a guy if you are having to pull every word from her and she is otherwise not participating in the discussion, it is time to say thanks and move on. So when you say 'hi, how are you' if your reply is simply 'fine', that is not engaging. If she asks questions back and engages in conversation you can push in a little further and then start light flirting, etc.

But yes guys need to get a clue.

cooks1 likes this.
  3. cooks1 No matter where you go-there you are

cooks1
    Do you really think she was enjoying that? Watch it again. There was an awful lot of awkwardness in there. And there was a lot of embarrassment on her part, as well as a few moments where she was literally trying to get away. I see an embarrassed young lady trying to make the best of a weird situation that should not have happened. And honestly, Ben seems fucking wasted. I bet he just reeked of booze right then.

4. MikeMcMann Black Belt

MikeMcMann
    [​IMG]
    SUBSCRIBE
    TV Host Defends Ben Affleck's Conduct in Wild 2004 Video Interview: It's 'Been Blown Out of Proportion'

https://www.google.ca/amp/people.com/movies/canadian-tv-host-ben-affleck-defends/amp/

cooks1 likes this.
  5. Cint Risen

Cint
    [​IMG]

6. Jack Reacheround Never Go Black

Jack Reacheround
    I'm married, so that's my excuse.

7. cooks1 No matter where you go-there you are

cooks1
    I am not saying Ben is on the level of Bill Cosby or Jared Fogle. And I won't be boycotting any Ben Affleck films over this. And there are also the cultural differences to consider with her being French. But no amount of retroactive spin is going to convince me that was appropriate behavior either.

Bottom line, if you would not sit by and watch someone behave a certain way toward your daughter or sister, you should probably not behave that way towards a woman yourself.

Ben probably should have just kept his mouth shut. He was out of line with that French chick and he was definitely out of line with Burton. If he has just kept his trap shut he would not be getting all this scrutiny

http://deadline.com/2017/10/ben-affleck-hilarie-burton-grope-apology-1202186309/

I gotta say though that sometimes the ladies don't help their cause much though. It's kind of hard to take Burton's outrage seriously when you see her glib analysis in that video.

8. Hades86 Brown Belt

Hades86
    Guys can still be flirty with chicks, just don't be ugly or taken and 99% of chicks wouldn't mind a little attention.

MacGregor likes this.
  9. Cint Risen

Cint
    [​IMG]

10. Rav1nHunter Brown Belt

Rav1nHunter
    I think this chick came out and said it was all consensual and there was nothing to be outraged about.

11. MikeMcMann Black Belt

MikeMcMann
    Well I am not going to be a Oobo on this topic nor for this young lady.

There are far too many people 'offended on behalf of' (Oobo's) others who are not offended themselves and that becomes a problem in and of itself.