Before 2008 men were allowed to be Flirty with women, not anymore

You sound like a multi-million dollar lawsuit waiting to happen in America.

That america thing you speak about sound like a boring place to be honest, 4/10 would not live there

I always have to laugh when people who call themselves men complain about not being able to do things because of the internet. Stop worrying about what anonymous troons and dykes think and just go out there and do your thing. Nothing's stopping you! This whole "societal intolerance" thing is a bunch of hocus-pocus made to control us and make us feel bad about things that aren't real.

lol at blaming how much women are repulsed by your advances on what year it is. Anyone with access to several cans of Mike's hard lemonade and a 20 year old girl can recreate this scene.

1944_original_nNZL4.

Some of us are just smoother than others.

I’m seeing this as a complaint that men could previously be more handsy and creepy without fear of repercussions in the past.

Trust me, people are still getting laid all of the time. Even as you read this, people are fuckin! “Flirting” is more effective and appreciated when it’s more subtle and less invasive; women don’t necessarily want to be treated like objects or disrespected just because you think she’s hot (some do).

If you see a nice ass on the street with no guy nearby, its your duty as an Alpha to praise that ass.Don't be shy and tell her. She dressed up just to show that booty off and deserves to hear her efforts are appreciate.

Proper way to Flirt in the 70s.

At the end of the day this is a truism.

If you are Robert Redford or a guy the girl is interested in and wants to meet than how you approach if respectful will not only not matter, she will want you to do so.

It is only an irritant and 'abuse' to the woman if she is not in the mood that day to meet someone and you happen to be a guy she has no interest in. And while we can understand the irritant that could be, women need to understand that men cannot predict if they are the one they will be interested in so we have to try and are expected to try. After all its a compliment when a man finds you attractive and takes his shot to try and get to know you better.

If you're attractive, it is ok. If you're harvey weinstein, it is not.

Obama created the pussification of America.

False.

George Carlin did a bit on the pussification of the American male in the special "You are all diseased" in 1999, well before Obama took office in 2005. He said "continued pussification" repeatedly, implying that it has been taking place before 1999.

You want to see things from a different perspective-------Have daughters.

I have 2 and let me tell you my perception and expectation of what is and is not acceptable behavior with a young lady has changed considerably. As has my belief system regarding what the consequences for unacceptable behavior should be. The hypocrisy of this is not lost on me, but there it is.

Why? What happened after 2006 that changed things for everyhim?

The other day one of my foghog friends was blasting the negative reaction to rompers for men, talking about how fragile the current male ego must be if we can't let the romphim exist in peace. And maybe she's right -- but it's never been the case that masculinity, or any success, was built on permission.

giphy.gif
That's one of the coolest dudes ever.

I did that once with a glass in a bar fight. Almost dropped it I was so surprised. Then I smashed over an innocent bystanders head.

At the end of the day this is a truism.

If you are Robert Redford or a guy the girl is interested in and wants to meet than how you approach if respectful will not only not matter, she will want you to do so.

It is only an irritant and 'abuse' to the woman if she is not in the mood that day to meet someone and you happen to be a guy she has no interest in. And while we can understand the irritant that could be, women need to understand that men cannot predict if they are the one they will be interested in so we have to try and are expected to try. After all its a compliment when a man finds you attractive and takes his shot to try and get to know you better.

There are some truthful elements to this, but come on. Situational awareness and a sense of decorum are not unreasonable expectations to have of a person. And it is not unreasonable to hold people to account when those things are breached. It's not like Harvey was out on a date with those people and made a move on them and got rejected.

If you want to go back to the days when a guy could just grab a girls tits and get away with it, we need to go all the way back to the days when that girls father or older brother could then beat the ever loving shit out of you and get away with it.

lol @ men not allowed to flirt anymore.

maybe TS isn't allowed to flirt, due to hideousness.

shit, i was just flirting with a really cute young woman who was just hired recently. sadly for me (and i suppose her), i typically don't mix business and pleasure.

I didn't realize flirting was outlawed.

Women always WANT and EXPECT men to flirt with them.

Of course with the caveat that they find that man appealing.

I have been around so many women who will complain that men need to sack up and make the move or contact and not expect women to be the man.

Sadly increasingly though there seems to be this expectation that men KNOW if the contact is desired and if not the men accept that it may be labeled harassing otherwise. I've had so many discussions with hot women who complain about men not making the first moves anymore but then also complain about unwanted attention. I usually try to make light calling it 'first world problems' or the 'problems of the beautiful' that 'sadly' you have to deal with guys who may think you are beautiful who you are not attracted to back. 'oh woe is you'.

I think in this increasingly PC world this will become an even greater challenge as the propensity to label things abuse is definitely growing as we saw with the recent Brie Larson/Airport dude fiasco which was blown way out of proportion iMO.

It is definitely true that 'making a move' is rapidly becoming a lost art. And males losing assertiveness is not healthy in many ways. But even when being assertive and making a move, there are rules and boundaries. And they are not that fucking complicated.

One of the most fundamental rules is that you set the stage for the interaction so that it is not likely to be misinterpreted. IE- You ask a girl out. Out for a date. Out for dinner. Out for coffee. If they say yes to that, while it does not necessarily mean you are going to get laid, it does at least mean that a girl has said yes to a setting where physical intimacy of some kind is a foreseeable outcome.

Now- sometimes physical intimacy manifests out of situations where you do not necessarily need to ask a girl out, but you do need to 'make a move'. Like at a club or bar or whatever. A good way to make a move and gauge interest is to suggest going to a private area. Again, if a woman says yes to that, then while you might not get laid, physical intimacy is at least a foreseeable outcome on her part.

Sometimes you are able to stage some physical antics in a public place, like a club, party or whatever. And in general the very old fashioned '1st base, second base, 3rd base, home' rule of etiquette makes sure that you do not grossly overstep. Though I have personally found that women are more likely to fuck you or suck you in private. When I see 2 people making out in public for ages, I conclude the guy does not know how to close. Once I am snogging and groping on a chick, I am immediately suggesting a more private setting.

The problems arise when these very simple, reasonable boundaries are not honored. Like grabbing an interviewers breast during an interview or asking a person to watch you fucking shower when you are supposed to be in a job interview. Notice how in both those cases physical intimacy is not reasonably foreseeable, and the 'bases rule' is completely ignored.

Last edited:
Even 10 years ago I would still find that creepy.
Speak for yourself. That's how men flirt and that's how women reciprocate. Do you notice her groping the shit out of him too? I wouldn't be surprised if she wrung out her panties after that interview.

Back