Beef jerky brands

Never thought of Amazon...making me feel old.

Need to chase kids off lawn now...
Haha these things make me feel old too, its only the 2nd time I ordered a grocery item from Amazon. It was a good experience though, can't complain about the quality of the jerky.

I remember when I was a kid and the jerky was pretty cheap, nothing like the cost of it today.

I have a good friend who works for Jack Link's. I should ask her how they make that horseshit.

I love beef jerky and my cats adore it too, I have to hide it from them. Its too expensive in the shops these days around here, for the amount you get. But a few months ago before christmas I ordered a box of 12 beef jerky packets from Amazon and I was very impressed, it arrived quick and the jerky was of good quality.

Take a look on Amazon, there is some good beef jerky on there for a good price.

My kittie loves this brand. @HI SCOTT NEWMAN

My kittie loves this brand. @HI SCOTT NEWMAN

oh thats the crazy jerky :p :p will send your kittie crazy :p :p

need to get them some of this

2Screenshot%20(84).png

Everytime I go to Utah I bring back a ton of it. They have this guy in a camper that makes and sells it. It's awesome. Hard to eat the store bought stuff afterwords

Im going to finally start my own beef jerky business, selling on Amazon. Ill post it here and give sherbros 30% off

edit: Ill have a few different options, but one that I think you guys will really enjoy is elk jerky coming from an elk that has been hunted within the last 3 months

Last edited:
Pacific Gold is the best brand name jerky I know of. I get it from Costco. It's always very moist and tender.

$_35.JPG

pacific-gold-beef-jerky-teriyaki-close.jpg

171-1024x768.jpg

Im going to finally start my own beef jerky business, selling on Amazon. Ill post it here and give sherbros 30% off

edit: Ill have a few different options, but one that I think you guys will really enjoy is elk jerky coming from an elk that has been hunted within the last 3 months
Monica!
I've been making my own for the better part of 25 years. Beef, and deer/moose/elk during their respective seasons. Not sure which is the best part, eating it, or the process of making it.

Monica!
I've been making my own for the better part of 25 years. Beef, and deer/moose/elk during their respective seasons. Not sure which is the best part, eating it, or the process of making it.
I've got a ton of ideas. If I can get to the point where its just a fun hobby to make a little extra cash each month, Ill be happy. I also grow my own hot peppers(ghost, habanero, trinidad, etc) so when my jerky says WARNING: ACTUALLY SERIOUSLY HOT, I hope people listen and only purchase if they have advanced heat tolerance lol

The only thing I worry about, is what if some asshole claims my product gave him food poisoning or something? I wonder how common that is for people that sell edible stuff online.

I've got a ton of ideas. If I can get to the point where its just a fun hobby to make a little extra cash each month, Ill be happy. I also grow my own hot peppers(ghost, habanero, trinidad, etc) so when my jerky says WARNING: ACTUALLY SERIOUSLY HOT, I hope people listen and only purchase if they have advanced heat tolerance lol

The only thing I worry about, is what if some asshole claims my product gave him food poisoning or something? I wonder how common that is for people that sell edible stuff online.
Jesus christ we must be brothers from different mothers...
I to grow peppers, through just generic jalapenos(which of course make it into the marinade ingriedients). I've never sold it for profit save for a few years at local farmers markets/gun shows "back in the day", however todays insurance rates and other hoops make it not worthwhile and take the fun out of it. Now I just do it for fun for myself and friends/relates.

We basically only have Jack Links and it's not that great.

Beef jerky is always great but I'd like more variety

Homemade is where it's at. I need to buy a new dehydrator. Bonus is your house smells of delicious jerky

Make your own in the oven. Store bought jerky is bullshit. I've found two brands that I like and I can only buy them at two gas stations 150 miles apart in North Carolina.

It's way too easy and cheap to make sure to waste your money on that bullhockey.

Better yet, make it in a smoker.

I don't know why, but I never thought of making jerky in my smoker until I read this post. I made it last night and it was awesome. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Is it just me or has the quality of beef jerky gone down pretty much across the board?

I was at wal mart the other day and every brand was these tiny little shreds of beef. I remember when I was a kid, it would be big pieces.

Oh and lol at Sweet Baby Rays jerky... they may as well call it Bacon Bits because thats what it looks like.

I used to like this jerky from Trader Joes it was called Teriyaki Turkey jerky so good

The worst jerky are those sausage slim jim crap.

I havent been to Trader Joes in ages but when I went back to look for the Turkey Jerky the bag was tiny as hell and the same price or a bit higher, they used to pack the bag with big pieces of jerky now its little bits, F these greedy mofos

this how small the bag is now and the bits are tiny no longer long pieces of jerky
51logBKqAsL.jpg

Trader Joe’s jerky is bomb, just expensive. I like the Buffalo one the best.

Trader Joe’s jerky is bomb, just expensive. I like the Buffalo one the best.
yup Trader Joes has some of the best Jerky I ever tasted, the problem is the price and the amount, stingy asses, they cut down on the jerk and reduced the size but kept the price high.
F that, I miss the black bags with longer strips of jerky, now they give you some bits instead with some one half inch pieces mixed in, they used to giv e you 2 to 3 inch pieces of jerky.

Back