Beef between Ariel and SB Nation?

What's the source for Ariel being unhappy? Haven't heard anything about this, and his twitter doesn't show it...

It's not a "weasel move". Ariel was MMAFighting. Nobody would know of the site if it wasn't for Ariel.

It's about loyalty. MMA Fighting was paying him during the time he was doing "his" show. If it's his show, then why didn't he just go and do it alone?

Ariel needs a platform to do the back-end stuff, just like everyone else. "His" show on ESPN is a classical example, he's the front guy; but ESPN pays his bills and the bills of all the people that promote "his" show.

Well I'm definitely going to be listening to Ariel's new show rather than the "new MMA Hour" especially if Luke Thomas is doing it.

Yeah, I wasn't crazy about it. They structured it like the typical ESPN pundit debate show where Ariel and Chael are fed a question and then debate it for a 5-minute "round". So of course it comes across like two guys just saying things to argue and be contrary to one another.

I caught one segment "does connor need the ufc or ufc need connor?" or something like that.

This type of faux high school debate team, scripted nonsense is the epitomy of what I hate about American TV shows.

It always comes off as contrived, forced, pre-meditated and lacks any organic back and forth that for example a podcast would have which is actually where you get your unplanned sound byte gems from by letting the guys rif

Exactly, especially considering when the relationship is symbiotic in the first place and that questions presupposes it isn't. They're debating a nonsense point.

I kinda missed this story. Why was he crying ??

No; he notoriously cried on the MMA hour after Dana yanked his press credentials for prematurely leaking a Brock matchup announcement (Hunt perhaps?). Dana reinstated his credential shortly after, but the gif of Ariel crying now appears like clockwork in any thread pertaining the Ariel.

So luke and ariel gonna be doing the same thing at the same day and time<Huh2><{jackyeah}>{<huh}

It's about loyalty. MMA Fighting was paying him during the time he was doing "his" show. If it's his show, then why didn't he just go and do it alone?

Ariel needs a platform to do the back-end stuff, just like everyone else. "His" show on ESPN is a classical example, he's the front guy; but ESPN pays his bills and the bills of all the people that promote "his" show.
they almost certainly would have fired him the second he was no longer good for business.

I doubt Ariel gives a shit the MMA Hour will have a new host. He's got bigger better shit going on.

Back