Become a fighting machine

Viking18

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hey Guys! first off sorry for the silly topic name, and sorry if posted in wrong section!

Im just got started to MMA ( focus on striking, wrestling and jiu jitsu ) i do mma twice a week, and then im in the gym 4 for strength and look, for 45 -60 minutes only. I have some questions for you. The ONLY reason why i do workout beside keeping myself healthy is self defense. I have been attacked twice by a group, and stabbed one of the times. Not because of my attitude, once because i stood up for my girlfriend and the other, because i was at the wrong place at the wrong place. So now i have decide i wanna be able to defend myself, IF talking or running, aint the option. So do you guys think that mma is a good thing, together with strength training. For this purpose?

The otherside i know a important thing, of getting stronger, bigger and faster, is the diet. I eat a lot of beef and veggies, and water. Dont eat to many carbs, only around working out, im mostly eating to get my proteins.

Viking

Just get 1-2 or left hook right. This means 1 solid phantom punch from a completely relaxed stance. This is enough for most fights: just do the sudden damage first then run. For other cases, you need Jesus

I know the ground rule, never go the ground, unless you want someone to kick you in the head.

Just have a pepper spray defense, that should be enough in most cases.

Could you please answer my question on a training level

Sounds like you're doing everything right. As you continue, you'll find more and more efficient ways to do things right (for you personally). Don't forget to not just keep training, but keep reading and trying to learn different concepts that you can apply (legit sources) outside of the gym, this will make you much better much quicker.

Become a fighting machine

Techpriests.jpg

The flesh is weak, praise the Omnissiah!

Gonna find another board and ask this question, to much immaturity on here. Thanks to reyesnuthugr though

You're out of your mind if you think mma training is going to help you not get stabbed. I do think you should find another board though, look for 'reality based self defense' boards not a sports fan board.

You already have more real world experience than 99.9% of posters here.

Back