Became a Fan of Amanda Cooper Today

Yeah I know, but I think the pressure is on Dern not making weight, fighting in Brazil, fighting in front of dad, expected to live up to the hype

If she cared and felt any pressure, she would have trained seriously and made weight. ABC is gaining a lot of positive attention in that fiasco, but she was still cherry picked to lose to Dern. Hope Cooper gets the KO, though.

who whouldnt tke a 30% pay raise to fight some fat slob

And people were saying Leslie Smith did the right thing by not fighting someone who was a pound over the limit. Please...

I hear ya...

but in fairness to Smith, wasn't she contractually guaranteed her win and show money even if the fight fell through? plus the 20% penalty would have been a mere $2,400.

Assuming Dern's show money is the same 25k as last time, the bigger 30% penalty she got = $7,500 for Cooper...plus I assume Cooper is still fighting for her own win bonus...so the financial incentive to stay in the fight seems substantial.

This is what Amanda usually looks like. lol

abc1.jpg
still wood.

If she cared and felt any pressure, she would have trained seriously and made weight. ABC is gaining a lot of positive attention in that fiasco, but she was still cherry picked to lose to Dern. Hope Cooper gets the KO, though.

Agreed! No doubt that Cooper was picked to lose she herself addressed the subject, I like for ABC to push over the apple cart on the UFC hype job. Dern is still very awkward and clumsy on her feet I can see panic jitz coming from Dern if she can't close distance or bring Cooper down before she gets boxed up...

Last edited:
For agreeing to fight a girl one weight class bigger who didn't even go through a water cut. Takes balls and for that I have to give HESPECT.

For reference, missing 7 lbs at WSW is the same as weighing in:
165 lbs at LW
181 lbs at WW
197 lbs at MW (Isn't that what Rumble did?)
282 lbs at HW

Who else is rooting for Cooper?

Also Wood

17076930_268910963545573_4033205824040992768_n.jpg
Wow. She's legit pretty hot. W00D.

And people were saying Leslie Smith did the right thing by not fighting someone who was a pound over the limit. Please...

Different circumstances

I agree. But you're math seems wrong or confusing because I'm dumb lol. Best example would be weighing in at 153 for a 145(FW) match.
I divided 123 by 116 (since both girls could weigh in at 116) and multiplied the answer by 156, 171, 186, and 266.

EDIT: It's in ratio because 7 lbs is A LOT more at 115 than it is at 155, for example.

I guarantee you Dern tried to do a water cut, 7lbs of water to cut in 24hrs or so is pretty easy to do. Dern just didn't take her diet seriously & came in fluffy, disgusting from a professional athlete.

For agreeing to fight a girl one weight class bigger who didn't even go through a water cut. Takes balls and for that I have to give HESPECT.

165 lbs at LW
181 lbs at WW
282 lbs at HW

Also Wood

She is a beautiful and cool chick. I hope she beats the shit out of Fugazi Accent Broad.

She took the fight because Dern is getting paid way more than her. 20% of that purse will prob double her salary. This is not the hero you are looking for (and she's going to lose, badly, as intended)

165 lbs at LW
181 lbs at WW
282 lbs at HW

Also Wood

@A.S. Deep id go A.S.S. Deep for sure

I feel sorry for fighters who end up in her position.

End of the day they have little choice but to take whatever extra crumbs they get and just accept it.

Because if she puts her foot down and says naw bitch this ain't cool and I'm not gonna just let it slide then everyone is gonna be pissed at her like she's the one that fucked up.

Comission should enforce some rules, so its not up to the fighter to decide (while the UFC is holding their arm in the back) and they just call the fight off, not the fighters, Dern looks like she didnt even tried one bit, looks completely soft at weigh in, doesnt look anything like a pro fighter, one at the lower weight classes at that.

Back