Bec Rawlings On (1) PED Abuse In The SW Division & (2) Beating Jo Jo Calderwood

Better Every Day

Zhang finishing Andrade avatar
Platinum Member
Reaction score
UFC anti-doping policy: Bec Rawlings backs introduction of tougher drug testing
June 4, 2015 Alex Oates The Courier Mail

http://m.couriermail.com.au/sport/ufc-anti-doping-policy-bec-rawlings-backs-introduction-of-tougher-drug-testing/story-fnkju12b-1227383519129

231456f340345f008cc0f008e5836cc7

BEC “Rowdy” Rawlings is adamant fighters in the UFC women’s strawweight division are “on the juice”.

“People assume that women don’t take it but I have my suspicions that women in my division are on the juice, so I’m definitely happier that they’re bringing it in and making the sport a lot cleaner and a lot fairer.”

When pressed about systematic cheating in the women’s ranks, Rawlings said it was rife.

“You only have to look at them ... just because they haven’t been caught just yet (doesn’t mean they are not cheating),” Rawlings said.

“It just means they are smarter than the tests. I feel like with the new testing it’s going to be too hard for them to cheat.”

Rawlings admits it was frustrating to compete with fighters who had an unfair edge.

“It just speaks of where they’re at mentally and they feel they need to cheat,” she said.

“It proves that they are not as mentally and physically confident in their skill set as I am.

“It’s frustrating to see that they are trying to cut corners and cheat but at least I know I can go to bed at night and know I’m going to get to the top and I’m going to get there the right way.

“I’m good enough to get there without it (drugs), that’s my outlook on it.”

~
On beating Jo Jo Calderwood:
I’m excited about the style match up and I think I can win the fight no matter where it is.”

Rawlings believed it was a “bad style match up” for Calderwood, who is a “one dimensional” Muay Thai striker.

“Joanne hates to be hit. If you come forward and make her respect your power, she doesn’t like it,” Rawlings said. "If you look at her previous fights, she closes her eyes, she squints and cowers away and that’s exactly what I’m going to do. I’ll come forward, I’m aggressive and I make sure they know we’re in a fight and I’m coming to hurt them.

“She’s got a good record but I don’t think she’s been tested that much,” he said.

“I think she’s been looked after a lot and as soon as she did get tested she lost in the UFC and in the Ultimate Fighter.

“I feel like she’s very one-dimensional. He strength is Muay Thai and she’s really good and that. Anything else, I feel she lacks in.”

Last edited:
I feel like she’s very one-dimensional

so thats one more dimension than Bec has available to her

Is anyone actually rooting for Bec in this fight? I like this matchup because it has one of the most likeable SW fighters against one of the least likeable SW fighters which always makes things interesting

Is anyone actually rooting for Bec in this fight? I like this matchup because it has one of the most likeable SW fighters against one of the least likeable SW fighters which always makes things interesting

I'm rooting for her.

“joanne hates to be hit. If you come forward and make her respect your power, she doesn’t like it,” rawlings said. “if you look at her previous fights, she closes her eyes, she squints and cowers away and that’s exactly what i’m going to do. I’ll come forward, i’m aggressive and i make sure they know we’re in a fight and i’m coming to hurt them."

Does she EVER shut up? Like, for a single minute?

I'm surprised bec isn't a sherdog favourite. She's a just bleed type brawler who posts half naked pics and actually talks to her fans

I'm surprised bec isn't a sherdog favourite. She's a just bleed type brawler who posts half naked pics and actually talks to her fans
Some fans let the bandwagon after the way she acted on the show

What'd she do? Was it a good season? I haven't watched tuf since rampage/rashad. Titties!!!!

Back