Bec Rawlings is just not good enough.

The Natural Born Runner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've thought this from the first moment I saw her compete.

This is not fighter bashing, this is just genuine disappointment.

She has a great build, and has some decent boxing when she actually throws and isn't gun-shy. I just think she has really wasted her talent and her implementation of a gameplan is just subpar, to say the least.

First she gets KO'd by a flying switch kick from PAIGE VAN ZANT LOL! and she's just been schooled by Tecia Torres. I literally thought I was watching Joanna fight tonight, Bec made Tecia look amazing with her horrible performance. Her coach gave her great advice for Round 2, and yet in Round 3, still fighting at range and getting picked off.

Disappointing, Bec isn't UFC caliber unfortunately.

Outside of the top few fighters, Women's MMA is horrible.

WMMA is just not good enough.

Bec wasn't good enough tonight but she could beat lower ranked fighters in the division. Tecia is underrated, possibly a top 5 fighter in the division.

Tecia is actually very good, it was arguable that she beat Rose. She just has 0 power and is the Best Point Fighter In WMMA (which she actually said once lol).
No don't get me wrong, I think she's very good myself.

I think she looked good enough to be in line for a shot soon after that performance, partnered with her 8-1 record.

Tecia seems like a conplete fighter and Bec just looks like she is not in the same class / caliber of fighter. Not saying Bec is a bad fighter, she just can't compete at this level

not a hot take. this has been obvious since she started in the UFC

I couldn't believe this matchup when I saw it. Tecie Torres has one loss, to Rose, who she beat previously....so she gets 7-5 Bec Rawlings?

I was disgusted with her performance and I'm sure her trainers were too. She had all the abilities to win that fight but was way too hesitant to engage. If she was more aggressive with her boxing she could have easily won that fight but she was too worried about getting hit

It's a developing division that will be a lot stronger in 5 years. A talent pool doesn't appear overnight.

But even so Bec is not a good fighter.

Back