beautiful Marcelo/high-elbow guillotine

Yep. Same idea. He has a new grip that he uses sometimes too, it's like a Kimura grip almost. You can see it on a couple rolls with Ryan Hall, but you have to be on MGinaction.

MGInAction.com - Marcelo Garcia's Virtual Academy & Grappling Database - Videos beginning
MGInAction.com - Marcelo Garcia's Virtual Academy & Grappling Database - Videos 3:43
MGInAction.com - Marcelo Garcia's Virtual Academy & Grappling Database - Videos

Yea that is a interesting grip looks almost like he could just go to a front rear naked grip but this grip allows him to hit it from multiple different angles. Like when Ryan is on top in his half guard he reverses right into the guillotine. Thanks for sharing looks like Marcelo is on another level with his guillotines. I wish someone would ask him in an interview how he feels about the prayer grip.

I also think you could get very fast at going into the grip off of pulling the back of your opponent's head into the guillotine,

Ah I love this reverse gable grip version! I was struggling with the marcelo version to get my elbow up and it always felt awkward for me. But this version I can get my elbow up easily and it feels even tighter, and it's definitely quicker to cinch up, I can't wait to roll! :p

Back