BEAULIEU/TOPBOXER CUSTOM BAG GLOVES 8OZ.

machado454

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I ordered the gloves in the beginning of December 2013 and received them on 25th of March 2014. No one keep informed me why the gloves are not produced, I had to ask Topboxer, because Bill told me so…Grant informed me every 20 days or so why my Custom Metallic Gold and Champagne gloves are not produced and sent to me!!!

The Gloves looks very,very good, almost as good like Reyes Gold Edition or Grant Custom Metallic Gold and Champagne, or Perfekta Germina .

The stitching is very good, but far from high end quality.

The Gloves are snug on my hand, which I like very, very much. I never used wraps in my life, because official hand-to-hand style in Bulgarian army is Kyokushinkai Karate, famous for conditioning of the striking surfaces. The gloves feels ultra comfy, completely broken in.

I received them at the same time I got my custom Winning SB-2000 and Grant customs and ‘till know I kept them in storage, but yesterday I finally annihilated the Winning and trained with the BEAULIEU’S!

I put them on and went for some heavy bag work/Winning soft heavybag to be precise/ but during 7th round I started to feel strange pressure on my knuckles and after 8th round I discovered that I cut through the padding all the way up to the leather!!!!

Why is that I don’t know. Maybe the padding is not meant for heavy bag? The Winnings served me well for 3 years and cost me less.

BEAULIEU’s costed me 155 US$ excluding shipping, Winnings 150.

IMG_20170131_162655.jpg IMG_20170131_162408.jpg IMG_20170131_162655.jpg IMG_20170131_162408.jpg IMG_20170131_160952.jpg

I ordered the gloves in the beginning of December 2013 and received them on 25th of March 2014. No one keep informed me why the gloves are not produced, I had to ask Topboxer, because Bill told me so…Grant informed me every 20 days or so why my Custom Metallic Gold and Champagne gloves are not produced and sent to me!!!

The Gloves looks very,very good, almost as good like Reyes Gold Edition or Grant Custom Metallic Gold and Champagne, or Perfekta Germina .

The Gloves are snug on my hand, which I like very, very much. I never used wraps in my life, because official hand-to-hand style in Bulgarian army is Kyokushinkai Karate, famous for conditioning of the striking surfaces. The gloves feels ultra comfy, completely broken in.

I received them at the same time I got my custom Winning SB-2000 and Grant customs and ‘till know I kept them in storage, but yesterday I finally annihilated the Winning and trained with the BEAULIEU’S!

I put them on and went for some heavy bag work/Winning soft heavybag to be precise/ but during 7th round I started to feel strange pressure on my knuckles and after 8th round I discovered that I cut through the padding all the way up to the leather!!!!

Why is that I don’t know. Maybe the padding is not meant for heavy bag? The Winnings served me well for 3 years and cost me less.

View attachment 196673 View attachment 196677 View attachment 196673 View attachment 196677 View attachment 196679
Did this happen recently or two years ago?

I think it happened recently. He put them away for a while and finally broke through his Winnings.

Machado, I saw those a while back on Bill's site. I thought they looked beautiful. Maybe you have sharp knuckles... (I kid).

Do you have the Grant custom mitts? Would you mind sharing pictures?

Something similar happened to my Sabas Triple Cuffs. The first two knuckles tore right through the padding.

Do you have sharp knuckles?

View attachment 196673 View attachment 196677 View attachment 196673 View attachment 196677 View attachment 196679

That is premolded foam. It should have been made with latex padding if it was a traditional bag glove. That foam was too thin and or not dense enough to be a dedicated bag glove.

hangulmalmotayo: I don't think I have sharp knuckles...You can see...Снимка0840.jpg Снимка0841.jpg

Ah, okay. My knuckles are pretty bony/sharp so I thought maybe that was why.

Hi
Just wanted to chime in to explain that it was few years ago and back then the bag gloves were in the evolving stage as it was not the primary product i used to make.
And its not done as you guys expect from me.
And i assure that its a rare occurrence as most of you guys know about my work.
The margin of such occurence is rare and when and if it happens i accept the responsibility and stand beside my work and be responsible if something you paid for is not right.
So i emailed machado454 and stating here as well that i am going to make him a new one for free with the cost of shipping only even after all these years because he never used them and the fact that i beleive that my work should and must perform the best.
The price has also lowered since i am taking orders directly now and accept paypal as well.
Hope this shows how important it is for me to make my customers setisfied.
Thank you folks
Www.customboxing.us

Back