Beaulieu Boxing Equipment

I find it funny I see my mitts from you first before seeing it in person :p

lol, oh shit, didn't make the connection when I saw the pic

funny camera angle there, makes it seem like they're different sizes, or did you order 2x pairs?

lol, oh shit, didn't make the connection when I saw the pic

funny camera angle there, makes it seem like they're different sizes, or did you order 2x pairs?

They should be the same size...I hope they are!

I guess I'll find out when I get home next week

does one mitt have more ventilation holes than the other, or is it the camera

looks like they both have five ventilation holes

how much were they mark9fiji? youve got Sergio and Heritage mitts as well right?

looks like they both have five ventilation holes

how much were they mark9fiji? youve got Sergio and Heritage mitts as well right?

I have Heritage, and these cost a little less, I think $170. What I ordered was a light mitt with one hand red, other white, gold lettering in the back with my name, and sent a picture of Sergio garibay focus mitts saying I want them like that.

Sergio mitts I'm waiting on, probably going to pick up gloves/shin guards from him as well when I put the order in to see how they are.

Those mitts look great! I can't wait to see more pics.

The boots look like they are modeled after my favorite boxing boots. I wonder how they compare.

what are your favourite boots? they look sorta like Tyguns to me

mark9fiji how much were Sergio's mitts if you don't mind me asking? Also very interested in what you think of these ones compared to Heritage and Sergio considering $170 is a premium price

Puma Schattenboxen.

62326631_tn30_0.jpg

I'd like to see custom shinguards I'd like some of those.

I find it funny I see my mitts from you first before seeing it in person :p

all items shown are in the mail and will be shipped out to you and others in 1 week. Hope you like them.

all purpley custom 16s

fU7QMh.jpg

I'd like to see custom shinguards I'd like some of those.

yo DS, I'm not sure any custom shinguards have been produced at this juncture so there's not any picures to see :( in the OP there is a small picture of a few shinguards, in case you hadn't seen them before.

I'm loving all these customs, but does anybody have an in depth review of these gloves? How they compare to say a Reyes glove or something along the price in terms of performance? I'm seeing beautiful gloves being made by him. I'm torn between custom zepols or Bill's gloves.

I'm going to review the 12s and 10s I got from him. 10oz customs with softer layered foam in which the overall quality was poor, and 12oz IMF types where the padding is dense and they have a more narrow fit with much better quality around that of a brand like Fairtex and more similar to the gloves of theirs I've received before. It seems these Beaulieu gloves at 16s are more compact than Reyes and are more protective. Reviewed an older model of glove as well http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f67/review-beaulieu-16oz-training-gloves-2242339/

Last edited:
Personally , the "Hecho in Pakistan" does it for me.
Quality control is non existent there and IMO ppl go there to cut corners and save money in manufacturing.

Well it's not your opinion, it's a fact that it saves money to manufacture there. So you have to spend less money. Outside of the Thai and Mexican made, how many brands besides Winning would you actually consider buying from? Your answer should be 0, as nearly all boxing gloves these days are made in Pakistan/China etc

Last edited:
Exactly , and which are the best gloves (nationally) ?
Mexican, Thai , American and British.
Thumbs down to Chinese and Pakistani made gloves.

Personally , I never understand ppl trying to save 20-30 dollars buying inferior gear (don't mean Bill Boxing , just in general).
You're HITTING somebody.
If you're not then YOU'RE hitting something ......repeatedly.
Don't your shoulders / wrists / hands deserve a lil extra protection ?
Ppl will spend 200$ on Nikes but show up wearing 40$ Everlasts !
Your feet / knees can take a better pounding than your wrists and shoulder.

Rant over.

This is something imho impossible to define objectively. If one is speaking of the protection it must be said some of the made in Pakistan gloves are equally or even more portective than many Mexican brands. Why not in the end? Put there the same padding, put there enough of it and the job is done. Neither Reyes, nor Grant gloves padding is of a special kind. Imho Winning padding is, but that's another story.
In general I (and probably almost everybody here) agree and strongly believe the quality of gloves (read protection) and of a headgear is not the right place to save money. On the other hand almost everybody would also agree that buying Ringside IMF gloves or similar gloves (for exemple I own a pair of Conlon brand gloves and they are imho equally protective and they cost me really not much at all), so even if you are not spending 150 bucks you can get a pair of gloves with a great protection. But yes they are made in Pakistan or China. Of course.
In the end I must say one thing. Absolutely out of the context:)
I love Cleto Reyes gloves.
I love them even more than my Winning gloves. Winning gloves are definitely better gloves by far, but there is something about Reyes that touches me inside. Not only because of the tradition of the company (Winning is quite old as well btw), but there is something very special about Reyes. Something I cannot see/feel in any other brand - either Grant or Winning or any of the others. Yes, Reyes gloves are not very much protective (well, extra padded probably more or less are), they are not much compact, they do not have so amazing padding as Winning gloves have. But imho Reyes have a soul.

Exactly , and which are the best gloves (nationally) ?
Mexican, Thai , American and British.
Thumbs down to Chinese and Pakistani made gloves.

British made gloves don't exist anymore

Neither do American.

edit: I agree with shihtzu as a sidetrack, $40 KOFGs, $40 Ringside synthetic IMFs can protect better than gloves which cost 3x more. Those Conlons cost about $25, albeit it was a good deal. Picking up cheap Everlast crap from general sports stores definitely is a bad idea though and a false economy. I get what shihtzu you're saying about Reyes too.

2nd edit: British brands really suck as well. Just felt like adding that haha

Last edited:
Protection wise, I am sure these gloves are just fine; the only issue with these gloves is the price, and the fact they are stamped Hookset NH, when they are made in Pakistan.

I'm sure there's nothing particularly bad about being made in pakistan, but china is generally bad IMO. It's cool that Bill can do so much customizing... but I'm sticking with made in thailand, especially fairtex. golden gear, boon.

Yea, you can't customize as much, but their stuff is made with serious care towards craftsmanship, being that thailand is a country serious about it's combat sports so the equipment is deemed very important. Golden gear, for example, is making their new line with experts in thailand, not because it's cheaper, or easier, but because its BETTER. Yea, you will pay more, but its for a far superior product. Like Dan is told me, this brand new line was not designed designed to cut corners by skimping of quality. It is made for it's superior quality, but it's still way more affordable than grant or winning.

Your hands/wrists are worth paying more for a better product....

In pakistan, india, and china it's a business, in thailand its culture and history, i.e better quality. Probably the same for Mexico especially Reyes is great quality, but I don't like the feel personally, but you can't knock them for quality. Grants are superb quality as well, but their prices are ridiculous.

There's my two cents:)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back