Be thankful for Ronda...

w
63607236.jpg
21kw3z8.jpg

As much as we need heroes we equally need villains and their fan bases. I love rooting against fighters like Rhonda, Jones and Conor to name a few. Im also shocked at how there can be such a large number of people who love these fighters. Like what qualities do some people see in these fighters that makes them huge fans of theirs, when all I see are qualities that make me root against them. In any event this dynamic of hero and villain is required whether its books, movies, sports etc. Rhonda, Conor losing are some of my favorite MMA moments in recent memory and its not cause I was a huge Diaz, Holm fan. I'm glad Rhonda is back and im sure there is a part in me that wants her to beat Nunez just so my hate levels can return to normal.

As much as we need heroes we equally need villains and their fan bases. I love rooting against fighters like Rhonda, Jones and Conor to name a few. Im also shocked at how there can be such a large number of people who love these fighters. Like what qualities do some people see in these fighters that makes them huge fans of theirs, when all I see are qualities that make me root against them.
A lot of that is simply familiarity. Success means more exposure, and more exposure means more familiarity.

WMMA is garbage and is the reason why I stream UFC fights now. I would never pay for second rate women sports.

I'm thankful for Edmond and Ronda. They truly deliver
fUloVaL-Imgur.gif

Jesus CHRIST! Nearly 20 posts in before someone posted this! You guys are slippin'! I know I'm the DAMN GOAT but I can't be everywhere shit!

Well done bro!

#GUERNICAbless

True. She gets s million threads a day. She is the most popular women's fighter around

As much as we need heroes we equally need villains and their fan bases. I love rooting against fighters like Rhonda, Jones and Conor to name a few. Im also shocked at how there can be such a large number of people who love these fighters. Like what qualities do some people see in these fighters that makes them huge fans of theirs, when all I see are qualities that make me root against them. In any event this dynamic of hero and villain is required whether its books, movies, sports etc. Rhonda, Conor losing are some of my favorite MMA moments in recent memory and its not cause I was a huge Diaz, Holm fan. I'm glad Rhonda is back and im sure there is a part in me that wants her to beat Nunez just so my hate levels can return to normal.

So what is it about them you "hate"? Are you one of those millennials that hates on anyone successful or do you actually have other reasons? Jones is just a straight up douche, but I still don't "hate" him. Ronda was (is?) arrogant, but she backed up that arrogance with total dominance. Is it being arrogant if you can back up what you say? Conor is just entertaining as fuck inside the cage and outside of it. At the end of the day we all watch to be entertained.

Ronda will be getting that belt back and calling out Holly and knocking her out in rematch . Then she retires as of the greatest every female fighter ever lived on planet earth.

I'm not thanking her for shit. Why would I ? I don't recall her ever doing anything for me.

It's a fight, ffs. I'm interested to watch it. Just as I'm interested in alot of fights. But Ronda even fucked that up. No presser...No open workout. This could have easily been one of the biggest fights ever. But, my interest has not gone up one tiny bit since that bullshit announcement at 205. When she went stormed off the stage like a petulent spoiled brat. She should be apologizing to the fans for her unprofessionalism.

Thank her ??? I don't think so. I just hope the Prima Donna goes away for good after this fight.

i agree that it used to be that way - her loss and resulting inability to handle the media etc has made her look bad and she doesnt have the same alpha status she did at one point - people dont care - her kind of act goes away when you lose

Good job selling this, trying to make everyone feel like they have a dog in this fight due to the effect it will have for them on here personally.

The majority of people will really not be putting that much stock into the outcome of this fight. The huggers and haters will be at each other for weeks and it will make great entertainment for everyone else who wants to troll these overly invested people and that is about the extent of it in reality.

The debate will never stop no matter the outcome. I actually am far more interested in the reactions on here than the actual outcome of this fight. It is not like this is a show down between epic mma fighters no matter how much they are loved or hated on a personal level. Gotta love a good cat scrap though right?

Ronda will be getting that belt back and calling out Holly and knocking her out in rematch . Then she retires as of the greatest every female fighter ever lived on planet earth.
But what's going to happen to the pillow....?

Back