Be honest.. Who wins Stipe or Cro Cop 2005

There's a reason Stipe is getting more picks in this thread

Basic wrestle boxer? He's the best boxer in the top two divisions easily.... easily.

Lol at Stipe having better hands than Saki

PerkyIllustriousAfricanporcupine.gif

I love how CC used to batter people's bodies with kicks until they were forced to block low, then would come with that nasty high kick.

Stipe easy. Cro cop might have a chance though if it were a ring.

- Herring was a top 5 HW in the world when he fought Fedor, just like Reem was when he fought Stipe.

- Herring had a better bottom game than Reem in MMA.

- Herring is FAR more durable than Reem. Herring survived underneath Erikson and Kerr, two massive and elite wrestlers and came back to defeat them later in the fight. Several years later, far past his prime, he survived underneath Brock for 15 minutes without getting finished.

- Reem has been getting knocked out on the ground (or tapping to strikes) by multiple 205 pound fighters years before Stipe ever did it to him.

- Reem showed absolutely no defense in the Stipe finish. There were a million things he could have done there besides just cover up. Herring never went out that easy.
most of this is true, but i still feel as though sleeping a better fighter and grappler with pin point accuracy is better than getting a doctor's stoppage. also overeem was looking for stipe's wrists but he was rocked early.

also, overeem isnt exactly easy to get on top of in the first place. sure hes been on his back before but even against guys like werdum he didnt have much surviving or standing back up. hes known for being a super strong grappler and stipe just kind of bulled him over and manhandled him. super impressive imo, overeem doesnt get handled like that even against top tier grapplers.
Stipe is 1-1 against a declining JDS. What's funny is after that first fight, the talk on these forums was how JDS lost a step, but at the same time saying Stipe fought great. The two guys were going in different directions, yet JDS was still able to completely nullify Stipes wrestling and outstrike him, even though his handspeed was visibly slower than the JDS we've seen. It basically comes down to who had the better striking.
most of this is true as well... i think the most important part is that they were headed opposite directions so its hard to quantify how it would have gone in their primes. even before the JDS fight i was saying junior is easily stipe's hardest match up. i still believe this btw. unless we see stipe get completely owned wrestling by DC, which i dont see happening, i believe junior is stipe's toughest match up even now.

stipe made a fatal mistake in trying to emulate cain in this fight and in my opinion could have won it handily if he focused solely on his boxing. he is a more technical boxer than JDS and his footwork is a big reason why. Junior is a very explosive and quick boxer but he forgets about his bottom half, which is why he ends up on the cage so often. like 50% of stipe's effectiveness standing can be credited to his footwork, he cuts off his opponents like an expert compared to other heavyweight strikers that weve seen. his aggression mixed with his educated footwork is the reason why high level strikers like Overeem, Junior and even Werdum looked so scared and made such questionable decisions. hes very uncomfortable to stand with because hes pressuring you while staying outside your range until he decides to attack or you panic and give him something to counter. nobody can ever get set because theyre constantly on the defensive. you have to turn tail and run like overeem, try to avoid and hope for an opportunity to counter like junior in the second fight or head hunt like werdum. you have to make a decision with no good options and you have to do it quick. this is part of the reason hes currently the best i would say ive ever seen in heavyweight MMA.

Percentage chance of winning in my worthless opinion:
Mirko 70-30 stipe in a ring
50-50 in a cage

Are you serious?
Better turn your brain on.

Amir Aliakbari - world greco-roman wrestling champion
Coleman - NCAA wrestling champion, world championship silver medail
Randelman - NCAA champion
Ron Waterman - NCAA All American
King Mo - Pan American champion
Fujita - 2 times Japan freestyle champion
Yuji Nagata - Japan greco-roman champion
Dos Caras Jr. - Pan American games bronze medail at greco-roman, olympic wrestler
Josh Barnett - UFC champion
Heath Herring - top contender at that time
Sakuraba - former LHW world's no. 1
Its funny. Ive made a very similar list when trying to make the same exact point in another thread. Having said that, I just wanted you to know, Ron Waterman was never an NCAA All American. He was a good wrestler but never qualified for Nationals. As far as I know his best accomplishment in College is winning the Colorado Collegiate Championship.

Stipe is a better HW but Cro Cop probably wins due to their styles. Overeem nearly finished Stipe.

Prime Cro Cop kicks Stipe's head clean off. He'd kick Stipe's teeth so far down his throat he'd stick a toothbrush straight up is ass to brush em!

Stipe in a cage, Mirko in a ring.

Lol Struve KO'd Stipe in a stand up fight, but somehow Stipe mauls 2005 Crocop. I guess Deontay Wilder KTFO's 1989 Mike Tyson as well.

Back